HBlade Opportunity & Twin Strike: Do both attacks target the OA-provoker?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

If an enemy provokes an OA and I'm a ranger with twin strike and the heavy blade opportunity feat, do both attacks need to be against the OA provoker or can at least one of them be against another creature?
As long as one attack attack is against the target, it should qualify as using Twin Strike against the target for the Opportunity Attack power.

Effect: You make a melee basic attack use Twin Strike against the target. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

As always, thanks a lot.
Here's a related question: do both attacks made with Twin Strike this way *have* to be made with a heavy blade?  If I am wielding a Longsword and a Short sword, for instance, does that matter for making the second attack with Twin Strike?

For that matter, does the attack used have to be made with a heavy blade at all?  In the case of Twin Strike, if I have a Longsword and a Hand Crossbow, can I make both attacks with the hand crossbow, instead of using the Longsword? 
I'd say no, since making an opportunity attack using Twin Strike with both a longsword and a short sword still qualify as making an opportunity attack with a heavy blade. As long as one of them was made with a heavy blade, you should be fine i guess.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Here's a related question: do both attacks made with Twin Strike this way *have* to be made with a heavy blade?  If I am wielding a Longsword and a Short sword, for instance, does that matter for making the second attack with Twin Strike?

For that matter, does the attack used have to be made with a heavy blade at all?  In the case of Twin Strike, if I have a Longsword and a Hand Crossbow, can I make both attacks with the hand crossbow, instead of using the Longsword? 

"Make with" means "use with." So to satisfy the requirement at least one of the attacks must be with a Heavy Blade.

"Make with" means "use with." So to satisfy the requirement at least one of the attacks must be with a Heavy Blade.

Yeah ... figured that much afterwards.  Two Drow Long Knives means that I could make them as ranged attacks, though, provoking as normal (from creatures other than the creature whose turn it happens to be...)
One Drow Long Knife would mean the same thing (indeed, you only ever use one ranged weapon for ranged Twin Strike, so two would be unnecessary).  As would a Farbond longsword.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
One Drow Long Knife would mean the same thing (indeed, you only ever use one ranged weapon for ranged Twin Strike, so two would be unnecessary).  As would a Farbond longsword.

But if I want to use it in melee, I have to have two melee weapons equipped, so .... yeah. 

But if I want to use it in melee, I have to have two melee weapons equipped, so .... yeah. 

One of them could be a longsword for a better damage die...
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.