Ranged Attacks. Any attack that is fired or thrown over a distance. Roll REF STAT+SKILL+1D10 equal to or greater than a specific Hit Number, which is determined by the distance between you and the target.
- Point Blank; Touching to 1 meter away, Hit Number 10
- Close; up to 1/4 of the listed range, HN 15
- Medium; up to 1/2 the listed range, HN 20
- Long; Up to the listed range, HN 25
- Extreme; Up to twice the listed range, HN 30
Modifiers. When making an attack, you must add/subtract any applicable modifiers. There is a chart with modifiers, but some of which will be listed below.
Aiming. Each turn you spend aiming adds +1 to your to hit roll, to a max of +3. You must have clear line of sight, not be moving.
Critical Success. On a natural roll of a 10, you mar roll an additional d10 and add it to your total.
Fumbles. On a natural 1, you have fumbled. There is a fumble chart that applies in some situations, but other results are possible, such as weapon jams, misfires, etc. Automatic weapons have a high chance of jamming on a Fumble, based on the Reliability of the weapon.