YMTC Idol 11: Round 6

96 posts / 0 new
Last post

Welcome to the sixth round of YMTC Idol 11! Thanks once again to SimonGlume for the psychadelic banner image.

During the audition process, a whopping fifty competitors rushed the concert hall, but only 31 were able to claw and gnaw their way in before the doors slammed shut. Another five tone-deaf souls were picked off during Round 1 and the tense tiebreaker that followed, but only a paltry three more fell during Round 2. Five were eliminated in Round 3 in order to make up for the deficit, and a further five were cut during a particularly violent Round 4. Only three left in Round 5, bring us down to the top ten.

And Then There Were 10

Imidazoline
Libe
Mono789
Paradoxymoron
razorborne
Rush_Clasic
Shazzeh
Silly_Dragons
Steinhauser
tyranno6

It's time for the first audience participation round! Our judges Kavu_OverlordRumor and Ephemeron will each separately PM me the names of three contestants who they felt demonstrated the least impressive cardmaking skills. Then a three-day vote will be held in which the public will choose which three of the nominated players to eliminate. Obviously, if all the judges PM the same three names there will be no need for a vote. I will not reveal how many judges nominated each contestant until the vote is over, and I ask the judges not to provide public comments until then either.

Round 6 Criteria:
One of the benefits of producing a game in a shared universe through episodic installments is the ability to portray change over time. One storytelling tool which Magic has used several times is the creation of multiple cards representing the same character at different times in their life. For example, we saw Ertai transform from a snarky blue adept to a cruel multicoloured Phyrexian, Karn from an artifact to a planeswalker, and Garruk from a planeswalker to a planeswalker with a dark secret. Cards depicting the same things from a different time or perspective were also used to great effect in the Time Spiral and Lorwyn-Shadowmoor blocks.

Assignment:
Create any number of cards depicting the same entity. Use your submission to tell a story without providing any context except the cards themselves. (Remember, you can provide the set names and symbols).

Like last round, you have approximately three days (until 11:59 PM on Saturday, June 29) to submit your cards. As always, anyone who may not have access to a computer over that time may contact me to arrange an extension.
Someone please submit an entire set. Make the theme perspective matters or something whack.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I once designed a story where the entire plane was the same character. Time travel and lots of inbreeding. Now it will never be seen by human eyes.
I once designed a story where the entire plane was the same character. Time travel and lots of inbreeding. Now it will never be seen by human eyes.

Now I want to design a reanimation spell called "All You Zombies".
Good job, now everyone knows my set's story. :I
How is this round to be judged? Presumably on the cohesiveness as a whole, but does that mean that if I make a 3 card link and one of the links is a bit shaky it's better or worse than someone who makes a 9 card network of which one is terrible?
How is this round to be judged? Presumably on the cohesiveness as a whole, but does that mean that if I make a 3 card link and one of the links is a bit shaky it's better or worse than someone who makes a 9 card network of which one is terrible?

This round will be judged using the same darts as all the other rounds.
Booooooooooo.
We're down to the final ten, and I'd like to say that I respect all of you as designers, more or less.

(Less if you're razorborne.)
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
We're down to the final ten, and I'd like to say that I respect all of you as designers, more or less.

(Less if you're razorborne.)

More if you're me.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
OK, I have an idea. I'm going to be demonstrating a character's progression through the Kubler-Ross model.
Actually, I'm not.

Jancek, the Bullheaded |

Jancek Unleashed

Quest for Answers

Mire in Despair

Crowning of the King

I'm planning on not going directly with the Kamahl route, but making use of the precedents set by Trial of Cruelty / Triumph of Ferocity.
I was thinking about doing that, too Imi, but I don't think it meets the criteria, since not all the cards represent the same entity.  (Rather, they're things that the entity does.)
this criteria is jank

three days?

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

did flavour text kill your family or something?
I was thinking about doing that, too Imi, but I don't think it meets the criteria, since not all the cards represent the same entity.  (Rather, they're things that the entity does.)

Yeah, it is borderline. I may or may not change my mind to be safe. But then it's a bit like 'Kamahl did this', and 'then Kamahl did that', and I'm not a massive fan of the 'now I'm a planeswalker yaaaaay' space either.

Eh, I still don't know I guess.

btw, 3 days is hell short.

Demeter of Earth and Grain 
Legendary Creature — Druid Avatar (R)
Discard a card: Put a Forest token or a Plains token onto the battlefield. Any player may activate this ability, but only once each turn and only any time he or she could play a sorcery.
"Demeter, goddess of fertility, ensured that there was always a bountiful harvest for all of Theros. As she prospered, so did the people prosper."
Gods of Theros, vol II
1/3

Sorrowful Demeter 
If a land is tapped for mana, it produces  instead of any other type and amount unless its controller pays 2 life.
"Hades abducted Demeter's daughter, Persephone. In her grief, Demeter abandoned the earth and the grain to find her daughter. Wheat wilted on its stalk; flowers withered; birds grew silent. The people starved, yet Demeter wandered still." 
Gods of Theros, vol II
0/2

Demeter, Seasons' Augur  —
Other creatures get +2/+2.
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If you reveal a land card this way, replace all instances of "+" on Demeter with "-" and vice versa.
"Wily Hermes negotiated a deal with Hades: Persephone would be allowed to return to her mother for two thirds of the year. When Demeter and Persephone are together, the harvests are bountiful and our people are strong. Only while her daughter is away does Demeter mourn and let cold winter fall."
Gods of Theros, vol II
3/3

OK SOMETHING ELSE THEN.

Clearly a work in progress.

More or less complete.

Block Structure: Large, Small, Large

Large set one:

Gretsker's Hamlet
Land (C)
: Add to your mana pool.
Whenever you tap Gretsker's Hamlet for mana, each player gains 1 life.
A farmer's work is never done - the more food you produce, the more who gather to purchase it.

Cradle of Civilisation
Land (U)
As long as you control a creature, colorless permanents you control have hexproof.
His real name forgotten, the resting place of Grescher's founding father was known by local historians only to lay somewhere between the midden and the cemetery.

Grescharell Township
Land (R)
Whenever a creature adds mana to your mana pool, add to your mana pool.
Blessed not by gods, but by community.

Small Set:

Stately Nation
Land (M)
Whenever you add mana to your mana pool for the first time each turn, add one additional mana of any color to our mana pool.
The city's origins are hotly debated, but the annual declaration of Grescarell's parliament ensure that the founding of the city is at least celebrated.

Large Set 2:

Failing Kingdom
Land (R)
: Add two mana of any one color to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if a land you control was put into a graveyard this turn.
Groscarell began its final era in a position of wealth, but at some point the lessons of industry were lost in a haze of politics.

Deserted Dominion
Land (U)
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
When you don't control a creature, sacrifice Deserted Dominion.
Cities are built to be lived in, but the Grosgoroll old city houses only memories.

Decrepit Ruins
Land (C)
: Add 1 to your mana pool.
, sacrifice Decrepit Ruins: Add to your mana pool.
Tales of how mad King Grosgorth turned to demonic powers had circulated the country for centuries. The populace knew for certain that the very ground on which the city was founded was a mass of snakes, writhing over fallow ground.

Aaaagh I wanted to give context but realised I'm not allowed. Oh well. Hopefully the judges will get it.
Ah man, I have such a cool idea I could have represented terribly for this round...Tongue Out
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
I assume that 0, 1, and IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/0/9/a/09a324d4ea72658f651d80e1fd98c26f.png) are all acceptible numbers for submission?
"i" as a variable will confuse with its imaginary number notation
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

Sesame Street - Somebody Come And play

Someone make a Little girl > Akroma story.

Srsly.

Srsly.

Someone do the contrary.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I have an idea.

CARD ONE: Boy meets girl.
CARD TWO: Boy falls in love with girl.
CARD THREE: Girl turns out to be a 500 foot tall Loch Ness Monster from the Paleolithic era.
CARD FOUR: Boy is heartbroken.
1: Guy learns ventriloquism.
2: Guy gets booed off stage leaving his dummy behind.
3: Dummy gets last laugh. 

Srsly.

For one of the Idols (maybe the one I won?), I submitted something vaguely along that line.
Thirty-six hour warning.
Detektor, bro, you can't do 3-day rounds, even with 10 people.  This criterion is a little complex, don't you think?
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Detektor, Master Designer
Creature - Human Mutant
If you reveal ~ in a clash, you win that clash.
And on that glorious day he appeared, to lead the masses of YMtC to the promised land.
2/2

Detektor, Tyrannical Deadline Setter
Creature - Human Mutant
Your opponents' turns cannot last more than one minute each.
"But Detektor! You were supposed to be the chosen one!"
"You fool! It was all a clever ruse so that I could run Idol and piss Mono off with my deadlines! Muhahahahaha!"

2/2

Not my actual submission.
Gotta admit, 3 days is pretty rough.  Is that what we did in the past?  I honestly don't recall.  :P
As Chaos and ty can attest, in practice I'm not planning to eliminate anybody based on tardiness. In this case the nominal three-day limit is so that people submit cards quickly, but contestants and judges both get weekend time to (hopefully) do their stuff.
Do the actual cards have to be permanents depicting the character, or can they be like instants and sorceries depicting pivotal moments in that character's life?
Gotta admit, 3 days is pretty rough.  Is that what we did in the past?  I honestly don't recall.  :P

I always did a week.  

LOL
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Creature - Human Mutant
If you reveal ~ in a clash, you win that clash.
And on that glorious day he appeared, to lead the masses of YMtC to the promised land.
2/2

...hey

also I'm right on the tail end of a family vacation, so my internet will be limited, could I possibly request an extension? monday night would be ideal but if you insist I can do sunday night. Saturday will be rough though.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Round 6 Criteria:
One of the benefits of producing a game in a shared universe through episodic installments is the ability to portray change over time. One storytelling tool which Magic has used several times is the creation of multiple cards representing the same character at different times in their life. For example, we saw Ertai transform from a snarky blue adept to a cruel multicoloured Phyrexian, Karn from an artifact to a planeswalker, and Garruk from a planeswalker to a planeswalker with a dark secret. Cards depicting the same things from a different time or perspective were also used to great effect in the Time Spiral and Lorwyn-Shadowmoor blocks.

Assignment:
Create any number of cards depicting the same entity. Use your submission to tell a story without providing any context except the cards themselves. (Remember, you can provide the set names and symbols).

Seeker of the Cure
Creature – Human Cleric (Stop)
Lifelink
Damage dealt by Vampires also causes their controllers to lose that much life.
When his wife became a vampire, he dedicated his life to restoring her humanity.
2/2 

Ringleader of the Black Parade
Creature – Vampire Berserker (Drop)
Deathtouch
At the beginning of each upkeep, Ringleader of the Black Parade deals damage equal to its power to another target creature or player chosen at random.
When his wife turned him, he began his descent into madness and founded the deranged bloodbath of a circus known as the Black Parade.
3/1

Dexter Tongue, Tyrant of Eden
Legendary Creature – Vampire Berserker (Roll)
Haste
Whenever Dexter Tongue, Tyrant of Eden attacks, defending player discards a card at random. If a creature card is discarded this way, put it on the battlefield under your control tapped and attacking. Sacrifice it at end of turn.
Eventually, his sadistic cult toppled the city he once held dear.
5/3

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

I may need an extension. I'm going to be lacking interwebs for most of tomorrow.
Sunday would be preferable, but Monday at midnight is fine.
Can we do like four or five days? I'm around all the time but three is just not a lot.

Also, I'd love to hear an official response to Silly's question. Pernicious Deed doesn't literally "depict" Freyalise because Freyalise is not a bomb, but it does show an important point in her life I guess. Is that type of thing okay?

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Okay cool criteria. Time me have some fun with
Set: Future Sight (2007)

Sapron the Brute
Legendary Creature—Saproling Mutant (R)
As long as Sapron the Brute is in your deck, if a creature token would enter the battlefield under your control, you may instead search your library for a card named Sapron the Brute, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
2/3

Set: Bangim-Sarr (2014)

Sapron, Noble Protector
Legendary Creature—Saproling Monk (R)
Flash
Other Saproling creatures you control get -1/+3.
Tap three untapped Saproling creatures you control: Search your library for a card named Sapron, Noble Protector, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only if Sapron, Noble Protector is in your deck.
0/4

Set: (2019)

Sapron Transcendent
Planeswalker—Sapron (M)
Whenever a loyalty counter is removed from Sapron Transcendent, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
{+1}: You may sacrifice a green creature. If you do, draw a card.
{-5}: Sacrifice each green creature you control. Search your library for up to that many green creature or planeswalker cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
[ 1 ]

Set: (2025)

Stump of Sapron
Legendary Artifact (M)
1/1 creatures you control get +1/+1.
Green creatures you control have trample and haste.
Saproling creatures you control are Forest lands in addition to their other types.
Creature tokens you control have hexproof.

Alright, I have no idea what or when the actual factual cutoff deadline is so I'm just calling this final. Even though it's a hot mess.

Set: Future Sight (2007)

Sapron the Brute
Legendary Creature—Saproling Mutant (R)
As long as Sapron the Brute is in your deck, if a creature token would enter the battlefield under your control, you may instead search your library for a card named Sapron the Brute, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Nature is predictably erratic.
2/3

Set: Bangim-Sarr (2015)

Sapron, Noble Protector
Legendary Creature—Saproling Monk (R)
Flash
Other Saproling creatures you control get -1/+3.
Tap three untapped Saproling creatures you control: Search your library for a card named Sapron, Noble Protector, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only if Sapron, Noble Protector is in your deck.
0/4

Set: Reaches of the Korhalati (2019)

Sapron Transcendent
Planeswalker—Sapron (M)
Whenever a loyalty counter is removed from Sapron Transcendent, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
{+1}: Target green permanent becomes a Forest land in addition to its other types. (This effect lasts indefinitely.)
{-5}: Sacrifice each green creature you control. Search your library for up to that many green creature or planeswalker cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
[ 1 ]

Set: Fungal Spreading (2025)

Stump of Sapron
Legendary Artifact (M)
1/1 creatures you control get +1/+1.
Green creatures you control have trample and haste.
Saprolings you control are Forest lands in addition to their other types.
Tokens you control have hexproof.
Also, I'd love to hear an official response to Silly's question. Pernicious Deed doesn't literally "depict" Freyalise because Freyalise is not a bomb, but it does show an important point in her life I guess. Is that type of thing okay?

As you've probably guessed from the intro paragraph, that wasn't my original intent with the criteria. However, you're free to do anything you think the judges would consider appropriate to the spirit of the round.
I'd like to humbly request an extension through Sunday night. I understand if said extension can't be granted.
Sign In to post comments