Summoner's Focus Cycle

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I really latched onto this idea from the last round of YmtC Chopped. The idea is an enchantment that rewards you for having a certain number or fewer of creatures under your control; as if you were a summoner who gets a great boost in spell power and efficiency by focusing mana into fewer creatures.

Each card gives a P/T boost and grants a special ability if you control 2 or less creatures. Also, as the enchantment represents a a nexus of power for your summoned creatures, it also allows you to generate small conjurations.

Also, I used "can't be blocked" instead of "unblockable," as this is what it will be errata'd to.

Not sure if this is costed correctly at all, but the idea is there.

-

Evoker's Blessing  :Wm::Wm:
Enchantment

As long as you control two or less creatures, creatures you control get +3/+3 and have vigilance.
:Wm::Wm:: Put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.

The power to lead is a dangerous thing...

-

Illusionist's Ascent  :Um::Um:
Enchantment

As long as you control two or less creatures, creatures you control get +2/+2 and can't be blocked.
:Um::Um:: Put a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token onto the battlefield.

...leadership facilitates the power to control...

-

Necromancer's Efficacy  :Bm::Bm:
Enchantment

As long as you control two or less creatures, creatures you control get +2/+2 and have deathtouch.
:Bm::Bm:: Put a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token onto the battlefield.

...control gives way to malevolence...

-

Shaman's Soulfire  :Rm::Rm:
Enchantment

As long as you control two or less creatures, creatures you control get +2/+2 and have haste.
:Rm::Rm:: Put a 1/1 red Elemental creature token onto the battlefield.

...malevolence breeds outright destruction...

-

Druid's Boon  :Gm::Gm:
Enchantment

As long as you control two or less creatures, creatures you control get +3/+3 and have trample.
:Gm::Gm:: Put a 1/1 green Squirrel creature token onto the battlefield.

...and in the end, there is nothing left to lead.

-
Urza is my Shepherd. Planet Multiverse
On Tolarian Time Bubbles
56849398 wrote:
147480487 wrote:
I'd hate to accidentally walk partially into one.
Random Tolarian wizard's last words. ;)
Real life fact: I'm terrified of Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears... and bears that could potentially blink into reality through a time rift.
Aw, that anadiplosis is straight gangsta son. I'll be checkin' it out in the morning whilst cookin' up a hearty breakfast of the sausage that our founding fathers founded the foundation of any true food pyramid to bury the dead the countless and rotting corpses that multiply in and out and are consumed by paper-thin rats. Without a spine, accomplishment becomes attainable at the least and when it's on a leash at the beast's residence in the tensest of tenses: present. Merry Christmas holmes. Down the Chimney with a ho and another ho and maybe even the third ho in tow, but watch a fire don't burn a toe. Heat is the enemy of an epithelial muthaphuka and in this house we're all baggin' skin, dawg.
I MISSED YOU NEPH
Aw, that anadiplosis is straight gangsta son. I'll be checkin' it out in the morning whilst cookin' up a hearty breakfast of the sausage that our founding fathers founded the foundation of any true food pyramid to bury the dead the countless and rotting corpses that multiply in and out and are consumed by paper-thin rats. Without a spine, accomplishment becomes attainable at the least and when it's on a leash at the beast's residence in the tensest of tenses: present. Merry Christmas holmes. Down the Chimney with a ho and another ho and maybe even the third ho in tow, but watch a fire don't burn a toe. Heat is the enemy of an epithelial muthaphuka and in this house we're all baggin' skin, dawg.

Well dang, thanks!
On Tolarian Time Bubbles
56849398 wrote:
147480487 wrote:
Real life fact: I'm terrified of Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears... and bears that could potentially blink into reality through a time rift.
Came up with some powerful Artifacts to supplement the theme of "Close Companions/Summoners."

-

Conjurer's Staff  :2Wm::2Um::2Bm:
Artifact

Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if you control no other creatures, you may put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature.

Channeling raw Æther, those who wield the staff are capable of shaping living constructs from lacunae in space and time.

-

Summoner's Horn  :2Rm::2Gm::2Wm:
Artifact

Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if you control no other creatures, you may search your library for a creature card with the same name as that creature and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Bolster your voice, and nature will answer your call.
On Tolarian Time Bubbles
56849398 wrote:
147480487 wrote:
Sign In to post comments