Red Goblin Deck Need A Way To Dodge Indestructible..

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I got a pure red goblin deck and im looking for a way (without pointing fingers at artifacts only) to get rid of cards like blightsteel collosus, darksteel forge and any colored of any indestrucdible stuff. Is there a red bounce card thats cheap or anything along the lines of goblins in red or any way to help me dodge these kinds of things. As soon as I come across a forge with no upkeep glacial chasm I lose. I can take care of glacial chasms with wastelands but I cant dodge the darksteel part. say darksteel and platinum angel. But if I can I dont want to have a card that only targets artifacts. (if it matters we play vintage)
Chaos Warp is probably your best bet.
Stingscourger comes to mind for solid red bounce.

But Goblins tends to be a hyper-aggressive deck, so I would think the best solution is to just win faster. If you've given your opponent enough time to get Blightsteel Colossus into play, you're not playing a fast enough goblin deck.  

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Many goblin lists are splashing white for answers like Rest in PEace and Oblivion Ring.
But in solo-red?
Stingscourger?

EDIT:  Man!  You beat me to it! 
Many goblin lists are splashing white for answers like Rest in PEace and Oblivion Ring.
But in solo-red?
Stingscourger?

EDIT:  Man!  You beat me to it! 

I'm a ninja. =D

But you're right, a white splash would be pretty nice. Path to Exile in particular comes to mind.  

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Kill harder.

Although if they somehow accelerate it out very early, a singleton aforementioned Stinscourger should do the trick if you run Goblin Matrons. 

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Grab the Reins
Dong Zhou, the Tyrant pretty good drop to turn those fatties against the opponent.
Furnace Dragon only if you run enough artifacts of your own.

Your best bet is to run steal cards.
Act of Aggression
Hellkite Tyrant
Insurrection
Word of Seizing
You're running goblins, just swarm the opponent. Doesn't matter if a few die, that's their job. You're talking about an archetype that can win on turn 3 with a good hand.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Yeah, lucky for you, players can't be indestructible. Just kill the opponent.
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
If it were me, and it isn't, I would say try blue splash. It might be worth it for Turn and Burn, which is easily capable of destroying Indestructible permanents. You can also counter such creatures before they hit the field. If you went white, there are plenty of exile card options, or a much less known and older option- circle of protection. They are a bit slow and clunky, but if you have plenty of mana open, nobody can touch you. Staying red means you get to savor a much sweeter irony. If they play Darksteel Colossus or whatever, they get to die from having their 11/11 Infect creature stolen. If you were to splash black, then Geth's Verdict, Tribute to Hunger, or some such forced sacrifice is going to be your main option. You might even play Liliana of the Veil. Green...I dunno. There's probably something in there though, but it won't be as cost-effective. 
I like the idea of blue because I like blue, but that slows down your goblins. All in all, I'd go with steal effects like Tratorious Instinct (that one seems cheaper than the other alternatives listed). They won't slow down your deck too much, and you can sideboard them when needed.

Cheers!
Well if it were up to me, I wouldn't be removing aforementioned Blightsteel Colossus or Platinum Angel - Red excels at gaining temporary control of creatures:

Act of Treason
Traitorous Blood
Threaten
Mark of Mutiny
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!

I would add Everlasting Torment goblins wither the colossus into nothing. My modern goblin deck runs Krenko, Mob Boss with Thornbite Staff and Greater Gargadon's, thing is it usually kills long before it can pull off that swarm.