Magic 2014 Technical Issues.

1251 posts / 0 new
Last post

Where's the "reset purchases" button on Android?  I see a "Restore Purchases" button, and a bunch of "Reset X" buttons under Settings, but no Reset Purchases button.  I've tried a whole bunch of times to get the promo codes working, but to no avail.  What's the deal?

Is anyone else having problems with their achievements not showing as unlocked (using PC version)?  My status is showing 0/38 achievements, when I am sure I have at least half of them completed - they pop-up on the screen at the end of every match.

The titles and personas appear to be working as expected... I have 5/26 and 21/30 respectively.

I have been playing the game mostly in "Offline" mode - I am not sure if that makes a difference, I can't see why it would, when the other two categories are working fine.

I'm pretty sure titles and personas are stored localy as they are reset when you reset your save data but achievements aren't and I think are tied to your steam account I would try unlocking them while connected to the internet if you can and see if that helps.

Steam Name: Yertle{U}The{B}Turtle

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YertleTheMFnTurtle

New Forum: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Hi all,

i hope someone can help me. I haven't been able to play multiplayer games on the xbox after the first expansion due to an 'an error has occurred. You cannot play a multiplayer match with these opponents at this time. Please try again later.' 

I was was hoping the issue would resolve itself after the 2nd download but clearly not. What should I do?

thanks

Get down on your knees and pray.

That is all you can do.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

thedevilwuster wrote:

That is all you can do.

I know you are right, but you really need to improve your social skill.

Arvermolen wrote:

Hi all,

i hope someone can help me. I haven't been able to play multiplayer games on the xbox after the first expansion due to an 'an error has occurred. You cannot play a multiplayer match with these opponents at this time. Please try again later.'

I was was hoping the issue would resolve itself after the 2nd download but clearly not. What should I do?

thanks

I cannot speak properly, because I don't have an XBOX. But it seems this problem is unable to be solved.

True_Believer_02 wrote:

thedevilwuster wrote:

That is all you can do.

I know you are right, but you really need to improve your social skill.

Agreed, but I'm tired of filling people with false hope when I don't know the answers myself.

This one seems to be cut and dry at the moment.

I hope the new site I worked to get us more properly reflects my social skills.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Ever since I upgraded to IOS 7 the game has been randomly crashing.  Since a few days ago however, it doesn't even start anymore!  I tried deleting and reinstalling with no success.  Has anyone else had similar issues and have any fix? (Oh how I wish I could go back to IOS 6.1   )

So the multiplayer not working for more than 50% of the people on the xbox has been going on for OVER TWO MONTHS. If you own the game, be sure to give it a 1 star rating on the marketplace so other people won't buy it. I can't believe the #%$^ers came out with ANOTHER deck to buy before they fixed the problems of their old customers. I am so enraged, will never buy or support a Wizards of the Coast product again.  Worst customer service EVER!

Praisejeebis wrote:

So the multiplayer not working for more than 50% of the people on the xbox has been going on for OVER TWO MONTHS. If you own the game, be sure to give it a 1 star rating on the marketplace so other people won't buy it. I can't believe the #%$^ers came out with ANOTHER deck to buy before they fixed the problems of their old customers. I am so enraged, will never buy or support a Wizards of the Coast product again.  Worst customer service EVER!

My ps3 broke 5 times before they fixed it.  They also lost it twice, I know thier policies better than 3/4 of their customer service reps, and I literally made 30+ angry phone calls in one year to sony customer service.  And the quote is still right.

2 + 2 = fish

Wizards!!

why have you forsaken us!.

i go out and spread the gospel of magic everywhere, give away cards, make decks, run tournaments and Game Clubs and mtg academies at summer camps and high schools.... Always prosthyletizing about this "best game ever made" that I love so much.

All I'm expecting is a response. ANY RESPONSE. Here on your own bloody forums!

please please throw us a bone. 

Make some announcement.

last week you changed a huge piece of magic online in deference to high level tournaments. Big feature artile on the mothership.

but casual players on your entry-level digital product???

we get zero reply. Have you read this thread. What is going on?

help us Obi-Wan

For Ipad users there is some hope! This is the response I got after emailing them about the crashing problem:

Greetings Brent,

Thanks for contacting us at Wizards of the Coast! Sadly this is a known issue with the new iOS that was released recently. The developers of the game, Stainless, are currently working on a patch to address this matter as quickly as possible. I have taken this opportunity to let them know that you are also experiencing this issue, but cannot guarantee any further response. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this matter. If there is anything further that we can assist you with please feel free to reach out to us again, we'd be happy to assist to the best of our ability.

Kind Regards,

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you.Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here

Adrian
Online Response Crew
Wizards of the Coast
1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
Monday-Sunday 7am-7pm PST / 10am-10pm EST

Progress!  Awesome!  Thanks for sharing!

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Call me jaded but....

Oh well, I'll hope with you guys.

Show

Rapala74 wrote:

The developers of the game, Stainless, are currently working on a patch to address this matter as quickly as possible. 

Finally some good news!

Who ever doubted the power of prayer ? 

I guess App store ratings helped also.

Let's wait and see now, meanwhile I'm having fun on Xbox Magic's 2013

It was fine until I upgraded to ipad air.  Now it's totally unplayable.  /lesigh

PC Problem..

Windows 8.1 Pro

16GB of RAM

Running AMD 7700 series video card

All drivers up to date.

The menus never stop moving- this makes it impossible to play the game. It loads fine- and the menu cycles through the options by itself. You can force into a duel but then the deck selection screen cycles through the decks so quickly it is impossible to select one without banging enter and randomly getting a deck. In a duel, the left most card in your hand is always selected and its hard/impossible to move through cards.

Please help!

FYI, Magic 2014 is half the price on XBL today 

Don't do it! of course its half price since it doesn't work for MOST people. Give it 1 star if you own it and don't buy it till they fix the problems.  In the sad event that you have the "xbox glitch" you can try to find others with the glitch and play with them. Feel free to add me, We probably need to start a "Xbox multiplayer glitch thread" and get gamertags assembled. I played with Jons420 and scubasteve last night (my first multiplayer game) GT Praisejeebis420

My friend and I have bought the game (Magic 2014 DotP) a total of 4 times between us.  We were hoping to be able to play computer vs. computer (seems to work fine) and play on his iPad vs. my Kindle Fire HD.  The game seems to run pretty well on all of these platforms from what we've seen so far in Single Player mode (but we haven't played very much yet).  The confusing part is, how you are supposed to play multiplayer on the Kindle Fire HD with anyone else using the "Ad Hoc" mode?  If I can't play with other players (except Andriod), what's the point of having multiplayer then?  I've tried to link up and play between the KFHD and the computer... can't get it to work (Steam version of Magic 2014 doesn't seem to have an option for "Ad Hoc" multiplayer). We've tried to link up between the KFHD and the iPad... but to no avail... even though the iPad *does* have an option for "Ad Hoc" multiplayer.  The iPad seems to only be able to create a game (i.e. "host a game"), with no obvious "join a game" feature.  There is some kind of multiplayer link up feature that is different than either the KFHD or the computer where you have to "send a message to a friend" to host a game - which fails with no message as to WHY it failed, etc.  The game has been out for a while now, so why are we still dealing with these sorts of issues?  I expect more from WotC, especially considering this is th fourth DotP game now.  Is it really that daunting to make a card game work correctly for network play, even using multiple platforms?  It's not like it's a 30Hz Formula 1 simulation with 20 racers on different computers to keep in sync...

I am currently unable to play the game as well, on my Nexus 7 when i try to open the game my screen fades out then fades right back saying "Unfortunately, Magic 2014 has stopped.". I emailed support and i got roughly the same message as Rapala74/Brent. That they are aware of it and working on fixing it, they asked for some technical specs and that was on november 13th. Nothing since then and i emailed them back for any possible updates, still waiting on that. Releasing new content when players are unable to play a game is bad business, deck pack #2...

So... I'm guessing that the Magic 2014 v1.3.0 update which only talks about new content still doesn't have any bug fixes for multiplayer (or single player for those having problems playing it at all)...  I won't have a chance to try out multiplayer on my iPad 2 until maybe tomorrow night, but I hope against hope I'm wrong.

Eddieray, cross platform play is not supported.

Show

I'm still unable to play multiplayer on xbox, it's quite annoying. I've downloaded and bought too many things for this game and have everything downloaded that i should need, but I still have an error playing with anybody I join including my friends... They can play with each other just fine, but I can't play...

thedevilwuster wrote:
Eddieray, cross platform play is not supported.

Yeah I figured that was it.  It's a shame I didn't see that mentioned in the FAQ (if it is actually mentioned anywhere).

So, last night I had another wonderful "revelation" about the game on my Kindle FireHD (8GB).  I fired it up and it said there was a "version 1.3.0 update" available, however, it couldn't be installed because there wasn't enough space.  I checked my storage and the game was using 2.95GB of space, and there was 1GB free.  So... HOW MUCH SPACE does it NEED?

The only way to get the game updated was to remove it from my device and then reinstall it from the Amazon Cloud.  That worked great!

HOWEVER... when I did that, I lost all of my progress, saved sealed decks... even my username was gone.  Evidently, the game doesn't take advantage of saving my progress in the cloud (like Steam, Origin, etc.).

NICE FEATURE!  THANKS FOR THE UPDATE WOTC!  GRRRRRRR

I can no longer play any campaign on my iPad at all.  I have tried every world.  Half the time, it crashes before I get past the intro screens before I can even try to pick campaign. If I get to campaign, it will crash as soon as I pick anything (Innistrad, Ravnica, etc.).  When are you going to make this playable or give us our money back?

Any advice for those of us who don't believe in any gods?  Hey, how about this - I manage a group of competent software engineers who would never release such a buggy POS - would Wizards like some help?

Does anyone else have any issues with the game not opening fully? When I open the game, regardless of if I do it through Steam or the .exe file itself, it never fully loads or takes me to a menu. There will be a pause of around 10 seconds, then my screen will go black, as though the starting credits are about to come up, but then my computer will just return to explorer. At that point, Magic 2014 will be open on the taskbar. If I click on it, it will go back to a black screen for a moment, and then spit me back out to explorer. Does anyone know what would cause this, or how to fix it?

It could be a problem with your computer not loading the videos correctly. I would try going into the game file and removing the video files. This shouldn't cause any problems with the game (I did it on my computer just to speed up the time it takes to load) but just to be safe put them in a folder somewhere else. If this doesn't work it's likely your settings being too high for your computer there is a way to edit the settings from outside the game but I don't recall it off hand. I think it has something to do with right clicking the game from within steam.

I've tried moving the video files to another location, and the same problem persists.

In regards to changing the video settings, what do you mean by right clicking the game "from within the stream?"  Right clicking on the game and choosing "Run 640 x 480 screen resolution" did not fix the issue, either.

FIX FOUND:

Someone on the Steam Community posted a fix for it.  For any others that may have the same issue, I will repost it here:

steam -> steamapps -> common -> Magic 2014 -> config (CFG-file)

open it (with words or notepad)

there you will see "width" and "height" - now replace these numbers with your default monitor resolution (for example : mine is 1920x1080)

save it

Run your game

LadyLesley wrote:

I can no longer play any campaign on my iPad at all.  I have tried every world.  Half the time, it crashes before I get past the intro screens before I can even try to pick campaign. If I get to campaign, it will crash as soon as I pick anything (Innistrad, Ravnica, etc.).  When are you going to make this playable or give us our money back?

An update recently released for iPad which may help your performance issues. Do you have the most up to date version?

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

LadyLesley wrote:

An update recently released for iPad which may help your performance issues. Do you have the most up to date version?

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Wizards_Sean wrote:

LadyLesley wrote:

Today I have downloaded the game again with high hopes for the update. Unfortunately, at first it has worked for some 30 minutes and then it crashed.

After repeatedly opening the game, it crashes whenever I start campaign and try to open first map Innastrad. Tablet - iPad Mini with Retina display and iOS 7.

Wizards_Sean wrote:

LadyLesley wrote:

I don't think anyone with iPad air can play the original campaign at the moment, with or without the patch.  The patch did not address the stability issue much.

I usually frown upon money back demands but when it looks like there won't be any further patch for 2014 (that's the only explanation to push deck pack 3 out early) I think it's time to demand a refund, for selling a non functioning product with no plan to address the issue.

im interested in hearing the response here.

I have the Android app on Kindle. Can`t connect multiplayer to another Kindle. Get message `content missing`. Help.

~~

I have bought and downloaded Magic 2014 - Duels of the plainwalkers for xbox and downloaded the free expansion (magic 2014 expansion) and the magic 2014 deck pack 2 (mulitplayer)

after a couple of times playing, the multiplayer starts working, but non of the new decks show up and neither does the new campaign or the new challenges.

anyone who has experienced the same problem or know how to fix it?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Report Content

schio wrote:

~~

I have bought and downloaded Magic 2014 - Duels of the plainwalkers for xbox and downloaded the free expansion (magic 2014 expansion) and the magic 2014 deck pack 2 (mulitplayer)

after a couple of times playing, the multiplayer starts working, but non of the new decks show up and neither does the new campaign or the new challenges.

anyone who has experienced the same problem or know how to fix it?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Report Content

The free version of the expansion just lets you play against people who have the expansion online. You need to purchase the expansion in order to be able to play the expansion decks and the expansion campaign.

Wizards_Sean wrote:

LadyLesley wrote:

I have the same problem, even with the update the problem persists. I reinstalled the app, but i can't play for more than 5 minutes. 

I have been noticing several problems with the AI that could be easy to fix.

1 is that the dragon deck almost never plays it's cascade spell off of blood braid.  Seems a bit sad since it is one of the decks strongest plays and the deck can usually barely muster up any sort of card advantage or ability to win.

2 is that the AI sometimes doesn't get a land off teramorphic expanse for a turn or two, often to its loss.