Magic 2014 Technical Issues.

1251 posts / 0 new
Last post
Playing the game on android and everytime I beat the simic clones in innistrad on campaign mode the app shuts down. Really starting to pass me off

+1 from Aiken77

Another ipad2 user here. I can avoid crashes in single player mode most of the time by making sure I have no other apps open. So now it only crashes on me a couple of times per day. However, multiplayer with my friend simply stopped working altogether. I'm completely baffled how a company can charge money for a product that's not working and then have the nerve to ignore people asking for help on their own website. Amazing.

A friend and I have been waiting ever since the DLC got released to play together. For some reason on the Xbox version we still can't play. Is there a way to fix this? She has the DLC, and I have the free compatability download.

Magic 2014 is the game with the issue.

Just registered just for this thread .

My game crashes all the time and it happens randomly . Most so far it's been crashing when I play Two Headed Giant mode , and it doesn't matter if the table has a ton of cards or only a few . It gets really annoying when you're winning and it just crashes non-stop . I manage to not crash when I'm playing in Campaign .

I am using an iPad 2 , on version 6.1.3 , and the game is the full version . I haven't tried playing online or multiplayer (because I'm new to Magic ) .

There have been a number of reports of crashes on iPad 2's.  

For some people. closing all other apps has helped.

Personally, between the screen size and the fact that you can't play 2HG online, it's not a mode I've done much on my iPad.

So - give it a shot, closing everything else - hopefully, that will work.  If not, we can all keep our fingers crossed that tomorrow's updates will fix some of the iPad issues.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

iOS should get the data update sometime today, so try and play after that and see if it has solved any issues.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

what is the porpuse of the "invite" button in game if it does nothing ? 

why can i access steam menu by using the keys SHIFT + TAB ?

Just tried a game in singleplayer after the update, iOS 7 and ipad 2. Game still crashes. Unbelieveable.

The app update notes don't mention any bug fixes whatsoever, so there probably aren't any.

Why is it unbelievable?  After everything else......

The game seems to be hogging so many resources that combined with ios 7 it crashes.  There really isn't a way to decrease the number of resources your game takes up, especially when you are adding things to it.

2 + 2 = fish

Adding content to the game will increase its size, but if it's written well, shouldn't increase its runtime memory requirements unless it's a completely new feature/mechanic. These are just additional decks.

The real point is that it is very hard to retroactively decrease how much memory something takes up through an update.  I do a lot of programming, and it is almost impossible to fix something like a memory issue retroactively wihtout rewriting everything, especially when people are already using that code.

2 + 2 = fish

Not to labour the point, but I do this for a living. There's almost always easy optimizations to be made, and a crash is a huge issue. It'd be better to throw in some gross hack so people can actually play the game, rather than crash out consistently. Apple updates overwrite the entire app, there's no hot-swapping of running code, there's no problem with people "already using that code."

If they just cannot figure out a way to reduce memory consumption, then message this to players.

Arctic.Wolves wrote:

Not to labour the point, but I do this for a living. There's almost always easy optimizations to be made, and a crash is a huge issue. It'd be better to throw in some gross hack so people can actually play the game, rather than crash out consistently. Apple updates overwrite the entire app, there's no hot-swapping of running code, there's no problem with people "already using that code."

If they just cannot figure out a way to reduce memory consumption, then message this to players.

This is the issue.  Right here.  And this is the reason people are actually po'd at them.  No communication at all.  It just ...... it ain't right.

2 + 2 = fish

This is getting weirder everyday. Everyone is begging for ANY sort of communication from WOTC regarding the fact that they are selling a game that doesn't work. And what do they come out with? "Here, please pay some more money for new decks for your game that doesn't work."

Nah, thanks. I'll pass.

We've gotten nothing but ignored by this company who was all too glad to take our money and give us buggy product in return.

Don't buy deck packs. Give the app one star reviews and warn others in your reviews that they are buying something that doesn't work and offers no support. Get a refund on what you've bought so far. Email google/apple and complain. Request the app be pulled for false advertising til it works. 

Report complaints here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1933

Android user here (Kindle Fire). Ever since I downloaded the update, I cannot use Promotional Unlocks properly. It's the same issue others have been having: after selecting "enter code",  two data entry boxes pop up, the second covering up the first.  When I type the code into the top, accessable box and hit "ok", it goes away but leaves the underlying box with nothing in it and no way to enter more characters. I've read that a solution is to enter the codes into one of the "other" promotion screens, but I don't know how to get there! On my promo screen, there is no yellow arrow that would allow me to scroll right to access these other screens (as there is, for example, for the regular Promotions). I've tried checking and unchecking the server-driven content box, I've tried resetting purchases, and nothing works. Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Sorry, no. The only way I know to get them to work is to enter them on the screen to the right of the first offered in the unlock area.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Followup: after trying the "reset purchases" option in settings over 10 times, finally the other promo screens became accessable (SDCC, PAX, etc.)! And entering the codes there does work (a saving indicator pops up even though the message still reads "invalid", and the cards are unlocked in deck manager). To anyone else in this situation, just keep on trying the reset purchases button and eventually (hopefully) it will take. Thanks so much for your help, thedevilwuster!

You're very welcome.

Show

Still no go for multiplayer after the latest update on iOS7, still just getting that long pause on the blue screen and then dumped out to the menu.  The rating for Magic 2014 on the Apple store is in freefall.  I'm trying to give them every possible benefit of the doubt, and I personally have far more patience than the average bear, but releasing a new version with the sole purpose of trying to make more money on a game that no longer works properly after iOS7 came out is simply beyond the pale.

They also closed my support ticket from 09/23/2013, which I updated with more info on 9/29/2013, and it is listed as "solved".  They never even tried to get more information out of me, which is the oddest part, it's like they literally don't care one tiny little bit.

on xbox. game has frozen multiple times when ninja'ing in silent blade oni, but not every time. Hasn't frozen for anything else.

Having issues with Xbox magic 2014 with unlocking all cards. I initially earned almost all the cards. Then I tried an unlock for shits and giggles, noticed it worked, and tried all 10 but now I cannot unlock any more cards .  I got like 36/40 and 37/40 and so on for each deck. So what kinda code should I use, or should I delete and start all over?

Are you still seeing locked cards in the upper right  in the deck manager?

Show

neosilk wrote:

There have been a number of reports of crashes on iPad 2's.  

For some people. closing all other apps has helped.

Personally, between the screen size and the fact that you can't play 2HG online, it's not a mode I've done much on my iPad.

So - give it a shot, closing everything else - hopefully, that will work.  If not, we can all keep our fingers crossed that tomorrow's updates will fix some of the iPad issues.

I've tried that , didn't work either . I find 2HG pretty fun except for the crashes :<

Playing the last expansion challenge on android it won't let me flashback cast internal tutor. The card is highlighted in the graveyard as though it would be playable but the flashback text is missing and therefore also the cast button. I suspect it's because the card text takes up all the space. This happens on nexus 7 and 5.

Game's rating on the Apple App Store is 1.5 / 5, with every review calling it out on crashes. Magic 2013 has 4.5 / 5. Wizards, what are you doing? Zero communication, embarrassing.

By the shape of things I'm starting to doubt whether we will even see a 2015 release.

Even though everything has worked on my ps3 the support has been embarrassingly inadequate and I am now sorry I started the bugs and tech issues threads.

It's seems to put my face on the utter failure and I'm not happy one bit about that.

I don't think I will be purchasing the game next year out of simple spite about the above.

Show

Not sure where to post these two questions, or start a new thread.

1) How do you go about unlocking the last ten cards of a deck. I have a Kindle Fire and have purchased the game. I have finished all the campaigns, and have unlocked all 30 cards of most decks. I would like to use the last ten cards that are locked.

2) How do I go about getting the DP Expansion. I've gone to the web sight like it states in the game. I've clicked on some links the direct me to the expansion or so I think. But they just take to the FAQ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darrell

Enter the codes in the Promotional Codes space in the menu.

Codes are here.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/mtg-duels-planeswalkers/threads/3923841

Show

ivory9ate wrote:

Still no go for multiplayer after the latest update on iOS7, still just getting that long pause on the blue screen and then dumped out to the menu.  

Ditto.  

I am playing the game on an ipad air, updated to the latest version. It is crashing consistently whenever I enter Ravnica in the single player campaign. I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, because I am afraid I would have to unlock all my cards again. 

I initially had the game installed on my old ipad 3. After I bought the ipad air, I didn't restore it from the ipad 3 backup. I installed Magic 2014 with the same Itunes account and same gamecenter account as my ipad 3. I managed to restore purchases (the expansion campaign), but all my old card unlocks were gone. Is that normal?  

Yes, card unlocks are on a per-app basis. Installing the app on a different device, even on the same GC account, won't transfer unlocks.

After I updated my windows from 8.0 to 8.1, the game started to stop to say that the memory was too low. It does not crash, because I can resume the game. I was sure to update all my drivers.

I don't know if this error is being expirienced by other users, but I din't have this error before.

For what it's worth, I opened up a support ticket with Amazon explaining my problems and also directing them here to this thread. The rep told me that he'd direct my email to their technical team and ask them to speak to the developers. Perhaps users who are having trouble from the other markets could do the same?

I'm not trying to be spiteful or a jerk... I just really want this game to work. I've tried literally everything on my end to get it to work like it did prior to their updates, and due to Wizard's and Stainless' lack of communication I've lost faith that they'll address their responsibilities without some extra prodding.

This is my first post on my newly created account because of this amazing issue.  Has anyone had any luck getting this to work?  If so could you post step by step what was done to get past these issues?  Like alot of people my friends and I tried the 2013 version because of free to play and decided to support the 2014 version and we are just looking for an answer other than some xbox users cannot play multiplayer.   Is there any progress on this?  Can we just expect to stop using this? I understand i am new to the forums but this is unusual for a company with such a large name to leave a segment of there fanbase out in the cold.  At this point i want to know if i can just delete it as if it was a completed single player game and ignore future releases from the company.

Hello this is Jkmuch reporting from Xbox Live, it seems to be very serious technical issues with Magic 2014  --- The PlanesWalker arcade game for Xbox 360.

I'm addressing the issue where players cannot play online with friends, and are asking the xbox company for refunds constantly. I hope that you plan on fixing this problem ASAP, therefore our players

can enjoy wha they purchased.

From, The Xbox Live Community.

iPad Issues

1. I have an iPad 3, iOS 7.0.3 and Magic 2014, and 2013 both works fine.

2. I upgraded to iPad Air, iOS 7.0.3, restored from back up and Magic 2014 crashes upon clicking a campaign, and 2013 crashes after selecting a deck.

Hoping for a fix. Thanks!

Memory Lapse is incorrectly translated to spanish (yes..antoher bad translated card....geez)  Instead of "Putting on TOP of library" it reads "Put it at  BOTTOM of it", WT...?, no need to say the deceive and annoyance about it .  Plataform 360, but I'm pretty sure is on any port.

Sign In to post comments