Magic 2014 Technical Issues.

1251 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ps3 seems playable offline only...not just signed out but actually disable ur internet....hopefully when they fix the online issue they will let us know......until then I guess we just open the decks with comp......at leazt the ai is stupid so it should be easy

Many (most) people have been playing online with no issue.

Also, I'm not saying this game doesn't have some bug, but try this: Google "[any game] PS3 freezing".

Literally every game that comes out has people blaming their system freezing on the game.  Fact is, systems freeze and it is very rarely a purely software issue that can be easily fixed.  (The same is true of 360, Google "[game] 360 freezing").

I concur drone. I think this boils down to a dns issue as all platforms have some people with problems and some with none.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I am sure people are playing online however I am not so there is obviously something wrong since I am not the only one whos screen freezed up and had to restart ps3.......I am just saying if ur having problems shut the internet off and u should at lezst be able to start the game
Me and a couple of friends can't find the game on Playstation Network, and the link found on the DotP 2014 page, that should direct me to the game in Sony's marketplace gives me a 'can't find page' message. We are in Europe, Netherlands, but as far as I know it should be avalible by now? Can't find anything about issues on the net, so I'm very curious, whats the delay or If I'm just looking the wrong way.

Thanks, 
Me and a couple of friends can't find the game on Playstation Network, and the link found on the DotP 2014 page, that should direct me to the game in Sony's marketplace gives me a 'can't find page' message. We are in Europe, Netherlands, but as far as I know it should be avalible by now? Can't find anything about issues on the net, so I'm very curious, whats the delay or If I'm just looking the wrong way.

Thanks, 

People in EU cant play it yet. (PS3)

Thanks, 

People in EU cant play it yet.

That sums up the problem real great, thanks a lot.

Thanks, 

It should be available very soon for EU PSN users. Sorry for the delay!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Steam

Oh! Oh! Problem with the game. Card pictures are not being shown.

The more strange is cards removed from the game have card pictures visible.
Ps3 seems playable offline only...not just signed out but actually disable ur internet....hopefully when they fix the online issue they will let us know......until then I guess we just open the decks with comp......at leazt the ai is stupid so it should be easy

Many (most) people have been playing online with no issue.

Also, I'm not saying this game doesn't have some bug, but try this: Google "[any game] PS3 freezing".

Literally every game that comes out has people blaming their system freezing on the game.  Fact is, systems freeze and it is very rarely a purely software issue that can be easily fixed.  (The same is true of 360, Google "[game] 360 freezing").

It may be true that many games have issues with freezing but usually not in so precise a spot with so precise a circumstance(internet on).
Wuster what do you mean by DNS problem? I used to get error 80710102 all the time which is DNS. I switched my DNS over to the open DNS project and the problem has mostly gone away. Not sure who my ISP is though, I use my apt complex's free internet.

PS3 users can you post your network settings?

ISP
Wired or wifi
Auto or static IP address
DNS
ISP unknown/public
WiFi
Auto
208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
PS3 users - I'm sorry you're still experiencing problems playing. If you're experiencing problems crashing at the Ignite Your Spark screen, I suggest reading through the thread for possible tips (some have had success after disconnecting). I'll update you guys when I get news on the situation.

In the meantime, a huge thanks goes out to everyone that's provided us with details on their system specs! Keep them coming.

Sean Gibbons

Some isp run blocklist of dns addresses that have had bad or questionable users in the past. When things get cleaned up some isp's forget to unblock.
I had issues years ago getting on Demonoid when we changed isp.
Demonoid still had the address on their blocklist even though it then belonged to a different company.
Google dns and netflix and see what kind of issues it can cause

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

One more thing for PS3 users. Have you attempted to delete the game from your system and re-install it? If so - success? 

Sean Gibbons

One more thing for PS3 users. Have you attempted to delete the game from your system and re-install it? If so - success? 

Would this require me to re download the files?
on pc when i try to join a multiplayer game it crashes after a few seconds of loading giving this error log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54160389/Duels%20of%20the%20Planeswalkers-v34-20130626-231908-8844-1608.dmp
XBOX 360 Edition....No Sound.
Everything else works fine, any other issues with this? I checked the settings and everything seems cool.
Thanks!
Some isp run blocklist of dns addresses that have had bad or questionable users in the past. When things get cleaned up some isp's forget to unblock. I had issues years ago getting on Demonoid when we changed isp. Demonoid still had the address on their blocklist even though it then belonged to a different company. Google dns and netflix and see what kind of issues it can cause

If I tried using the DNS provided by my ISP would this make a difference?  Is it worth a shot?
Same Freeze Problem after patch on "Ignite your spark" screen showing.

PS3 System On both my older 160gb and my new slim 500gb.  

Launching the game while "Signed Out" of PSN - Fails

Launching the game while Unplugged/Disconnected from Internet Both Hardlined or WiFi - Failed

Launching the game with Network Connections Turned Off in System Settings - Works          
On Steam, no card pictures are being rendered during the game.
More people with the same problem here:

steamcommunity.com/app/213850/discussion...

I've got one of the graphics cards mentioned there. Updating drivers didn't help.
Always Rasta. Ir should set auto but if you're like me I dmz a static ip inmy router, so I manually enter when I set the ps3 connection up.
Check the dns's asigned to your pc and make sure ps2 is the same

Show

Sorry. Ps3.... Pho km

Show

Would this require me to re download the files?

Yes it would. I understand if you don't want to go through that. I'm just checking to see if anybody experiencing the crash has done it, and if so, was there any change?

Sean Gibbons

No, it doesn't work. I've deleted it and re-downloaded it multiple times on different user accounts and even gone into Safe Mode and rebuilt my library, nothing.

The only thing I haven't tried is to delete my save data but obviously I can't do that.

XBOX 360...NO SOUND...
I deleated the game and reinstalled it and still no sound. As far as I know everything is up to date on my system (pretty sure xbox does this automaticly).  This is the first game this has happened with. When I navigate the XBOX menus and other screens I get sound as well. Just not Magic 2014.
I checked Magic 2012 and 2013 and they still both have sound.
Thanks.

No, it doesn't work. I've deleted it and re-downloaded it multiple times on different user accounts and even gone into Safe Mode and rebuilt my library, nothing.

The only thing I haven't tried is to delete my save data but obviously I can't do that.

Thank you, april6e.

Sean Gibbons

I'm having the same problem as True Believer 2.

the Card pictures arn't being shown for me on the PC version  

Just notice that the image comes back when a card is exiled :/ weird

also I tryed reinstalling, and my graphics driver is updated and still no luck.

Fix the GUI for PS3 can barely read Player HP & Power/Toughness on Cards (Unzoomed), Library Counter, Cards in Hand Counter etc.  I am playing on a 60" HD and looks worse than 2013 DoTP.
I have had issues with the sound getting stuck in a 2-3 second loop. It occured on my Windows 7 PC and Nexus 7 Android Tablet (Trial version from Play Store).

I also had issues with the combat graphics on the Android version just being a short diagonal line on the card and not pointing at the target. 
Ok, I registered here just to confirm the problem with steam.
I get the same problem some PS3 players are getting. I crash as soon as the promo code page pops up.
This is quite aggravating ... I can disconnect my internet cable to bypass this but that can't be a permanent solution. Beside I am using two computers. One here at my home and one at my girlfirends place and so without the connection there is no way of having my save uploaded in the cloud ... which sucks ...
I would be really happy if there would be a solution for this fast ...
Since I am pretty sure it isn't a problem on my side .... All other online games are working perfectly.
Until than I guess I will have to keep this game on hold on my gaming list ...

-Genshman
Toshiba Thrive crashes when picking any mode except for the option screen. This game runs fine on my phone but I want to play this on my tablet. My thrive is up to date running jelly bean.
On Steam, when I try playing 2HG with a friend (regular decks) vs AI, the person that's *not* hosting doesn't see the second AI player nor anythign they do. The second AI's display name is the same as the first, and their battlefield never displays any cards.

Kind of makes it impossible to play 2HG.

EDIT: Both of us restartting the game made it work. Don't know what was wrong.
PS3 user with a 500GB slim PS3. Same issue with freezing at "Ignite Your Spark" though I temporarily remedied this without reinstalling by rebooting the PS3 and disabling the Internet connection, now playing the tutorial. Will we need to redownload and reinstall when there is a fix?
My mistake I mean my Thrive is running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.04 on my Tablet.
Fix the GUI for PS3 can barely read Player HP & Power/Toughness on Cards (Unzoomed), Library Counter, Cards in Hand Counter etc.  I am playing on a 60" HD and looks worse than 2013 DoTP.

THIS THIS THIS

THIS THIS THIS

Haven't played a 4ffa yet.

Wonder what that will look like.
Harder to play drunk on the weekend I bet.

Show

Hey guys.. Plaing on a PC here useing the Steam Client.  And for soem reason, the in-game menues are constantly scrolling down as if i have someone standing on the down-arrow of my keyboard.  No ammount of button pressing or such seems to help.  Pressing 'up' only seems to stop it from scrolling for 1 second, then it goes back to scrolling down again.

I 'do' have a steering wheel plugged into a USB port.. but its sitting still and not being touched.  And as a test, i went and hit every key, and pushed every button on it... and it had no effect in stopping this constant scroll crap =T  

Anyone else having this happen to them?  Kinda hard to play the game when i cant even navigate the menues =T

*Edit*
Apparently it was my steering wheel (well, rather the peddles on it) 

We need a way to CHOSE what we want our input to be.  Currently the game simply AUTO adjusts itseld based on where it received the last input from.  Meaning even if you havea  gamepad on the desk plugged in and not used. the instant thunder shakes the house hard eough to rattle the stick on the gamepad, MAGIC 2014 will 'default' all future input as being given by the gamepad untill another input is given from another source. 

This is NOT a good game design.

Give us an option in the game menu to CHOSE 1 input device.  Keyboard/mouse , Gamepad, Other

Let us tell IT what to use, dont let the game itself decide to just randomly switch over and over again.
I bought this for my Android Samsung Galaxy 3 phone and it is almost unplayable. Below are the errors that I am running into: 

• After winning or losing any of the tutorial enounters it stops loading player icons. Instead  I receive a white box.

• When attempting to play the Campaign, I am presented with "Tap on a plane name to select a chapter" there is a white box. Clicking the box goes to a black screen that crashes to m phone desktop after ~1min.

•  After playing on Custom Game (Tested with 2HG) when selecting "Replay" the game cards text does not show. Just black bars for name cost, text, p/t.

• Went into the store and purchased an unlock key for the Masks of Dimir set. After restarting the game it no longer shows me owning the deck. When clicking the key it displays the Google PlayMessage "You already own this item". (Not able to play the deck I payed for)

• When my phone shuts the display off, after turning on the display back on the game crashes.

I know there are issues with the PS3 but I have not yet seen the Android issue even acknowledged. To my knowledge this is the first launch on Android and to have a $10 app feel like a beta test is not cool. I understand that an instant fix is nto plausable but please let us know you see and are working on the issue. I will wait for a response from Wizard on the Android issues. 
On steam I'm playing the campaign but it keeps putting me back to Zendikar after I complete a challenge in Shandalar. Same is happening on Alara too now except to Shandalar, so it seems for some reason completing challenges after zendikar and clicking to continue makes me go back one plane.
It's just putting me at Shandalar anyway now, which make me believe it has something to do with the planeswalker battles since I started skipping them because there's only Chandra and Garruk left. 

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

Okay im on XBOX kind of a game breakin bug but the "target creature" in some cards is only applying to opponents ...such as Path to Exile when I target my own creature...it wont let me target anything except my opponents creatures......plus my friend was playing jace in sealed...all phantasam's have "if this card is targeted by spell or ability sacrifice it" well my friend saw two bugs both in favor of jace ...so anyway jace had a phantasam dragon and jace pulled clone which is a target creature ability? and for some reason got to clone a phantasam AND when my friend tried to use giant growth to kill the phantasam dragon by targeting it with a spell..it wouldnt even let him target it and as you know BOTH path to exile and giant growth clearly state "target creature" not "target opponents creature" yet one restricts targeting the opponent while the other restricts targeting your own cards.
Sign In to post comments