Magic 2014 Technical Issues.

1251 posts / 0 new
Last post
Look the screen

Hey all,

This is for the steam version of the game.

My game has recently started crashing on startup with a fatal error message box that just says 'unkown error' and an ok button. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game but that didn't work and i've validated the cache but that didn't work either.

Anybody else had the same problem and fixed it?

-Kraik 

Sorry it took so long to get to you Kraik. I can't copy and paste on my phone.
Give this a shot and see if it helps.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Good Luck

Hey, thanks for the link.

I tried reinstalling/fixing bot hof the folders, however neither worked and i am still getting the same error message.

-Kraik 

STEAM

None of the codes unblock are working for me.

Says:
"Invalid code, please check content server is enabled. may have to restart the game." something like this.

Server content is checked.

Tried:
- Verifying content
- Unchecking server content and re-checking
- Trying multiple times
- Entering in all caps

When I go to the enter promo code screen the arrows disapear so I can't get to a PAX Aus screen etc.

heelp  

Are the extra cards showing up as locked in the decks? If they are, go into one of the decks, scroll across to the promo cards and look at them, then go back to the extras menu and see if the arrows to allow you to input the codes are there. Let us know if that works for you.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Not sure where to put this, so I decided on "Technical issues" as it pertains to the flow of the game.

Why is there no "priority" for this game?  After the stack finishes resolving the ACTIVE PLAYER should get to do something before the non active player.  Instead, it's "whoever hits the button fastest"

For instance:

Game console = Xbox 360

I cast a Grazing Gladeheart and no one responds.  After it hits the field BEFORE i can play a land my opponent kills it with a Doom Blade.

Now in the world of "paper magic" the active player has to pass priority BEFORE this type of thing can happen.  With MTGO (as with previous versions as well I do believe) it was all about "who hits the button faster".  This has cost me a couple of games online and gets pretty frustrating to lose to.
Not sure where to put this, so I decided on "Technical issues" as it pertains to the flow of the game.

Why is there no "priority" for this game?  After the stack finishes resolving the ACTIVE PLAYER should get to do something before the non active player.  Instead, it's "whoever hits the button fastest"

For instance:

Game console = Xbox 360

I cast a Grazing Gladeheart and no one responds.  After it hits the field BEFORE i can play a land my opponent kills it with a Doom Blade.

Now in the world of "paper magic" the active player has to pass priority BEFORE this type of thing can happen.  With MTGO (as with previous versions as well I do believe) it was all about "who hits the button faster".  This has cost me a couple of games online and gets pretty frustrating to lose to.

This is a "dumbed down" version of magic. It is meant for entry level players, and a gateway-game to the real moneymaker which is MTGO or paper magic. They have therefore chosen not to pass priority.

On a related note: playing Grazing Gladeheart just slows down your deck - toss that card out as fast as you can, and make your deck do what it does best.

For instance:

Game console = Xbox 360

This is a "dumbed down" version of magic. It is meant for entry level players, and a gateway-game to the real moneymaker which is MTGO or paper magic. They have therefore chosen not to pass priority.

On a related note: playing Grazing Gladeheart just slows down your deck - toss that card out as fast as you can, and make your deck do what it does best.

It seems that if you are trying to "teach" the game of magic that one would show the rules in correct fashion.  I guess that would be more of an "intermediate" or 'advanced" level learning, but from my experience once a bad habbit is taught it is hard to correct.

The only reason the Gladeheart is in there (2 of) is against aggro since I see A LOT of people running zombies, Avacyn's Glory, Mind Maze (aggro version) and for 2 headed giant

It was also just an example.  If i casted a Dimir Guildmage and wanted to draw a card immediately (or have my opponent discard one of the remaining 2 in hand) I couldn't activate it if he "hit the button first".

I see many a beginning player try to cast "in response to your creature hitting the battlefield" event though it doesn't have a triggered ability.  After I let them know of this and if there's a descrepancy we have call a judge to explain things to the person which in turn embarasses them.  All of that could be avoided if players were taught the priority lesson to begin with.
Anyone else not able to even launch the game after the update on android???? Mine goes to a black screen and then crashes
Anyone else not able to even launch the game after the update on android???? Mine goes to a black screen and then crashes

It's the same for me. I can't play anymore!

PS3 (USA) - I have been able to play (was playing earlier this evening), but now it went back to the "Ignite Your Spark" lock-up. No changes have been made to my network. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Edit: OK then, deleted and reinstalled, working fine again...(for now)
On my iPad 2 with DotP 2014, I find that every few days it is forgetting the preferences I set. This occurs even during a game! I have to go back and re-set everything from defaults: sound preferences, hold priority, zoom card, combat animations..
After update on samsung tab 2 android I'm not able to play the game anymore. Black screen then closed. It looks like im not the only one. Somebody have any ideas how to fix this?
On my iPad 2 with DotP 2014, I find that every few days it is forgetting the preferences I set. This occurs even during a game! I have to go back and re-set everything from defaults: sound preferences, hold priority, zoom card, combat animations..

I've seen the same thing with the Ipad 3...not that big of a deal...but I hate the combat animations...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

PS3 USA-Game keeps freezing at the ignite your spark screen (thats all it says and the rest of the screen is black). I found out on another site that shutting off the internet connection allows me to acess the game but that kinda defeats the point of why I bought it. And I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice, so I would like to know if anyone knows how to fix this problem.
PS3 USA-Game keeps freezing at the ignite your spark screen (thats all it says and the rest of the screen is black). I found out on another site that shutting off the internet connection allows me to acess the game but that kinda defeats the point of why I bought it. And I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice, so I would like to know if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

It's in the OP.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Android (Nexus 7) - Like others, I am having problems with the 1.1 update. I cannot download it, as it times out with a "package is invalid" error. Looking at the growing issue list of Android updates gone wrong (black screens, force quits, and data loss), I'm hoping that this means you have destroyed the checksum on purpose to buy some time for an "updated" update.

Also, 1.3gb for an update is a very bitter pill to swallow. Could we work on updates that are not full reinstallations of the game?
Android (Nexus 7) - Like others, I am having problems with the 1.1 update. I cannot download it, as it times out with a "package is invalid" error. Looking at the growing issue list of Android updates gone wrong (black screens, force quits, and data loss), I'm hoping that this means you have destroyed the checksum on purpose to buy some time for an "updated" update.

Also, 1.3gb for an update is a very bitter pill to swallow. Could we work on updates that are not full reinstallations of the game?

Considering you said WE, I think you should get right to work on that.  Tongue Out

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Android app doesn't start anymore after huge update.
How do I get support for my buyed app?
I found noting. I feel forced to make a bad rating because of this.

Another question: Is my game progress lost if I completley reinstall the game?
After not running into the dreaded "No games found" bug making one restart Magic to be able to play online again to begin with...I ran into it a couple days ago and it has happened to me twice since.  Once again this shows Stainless' lack of progression with the game year to year.  Way to fail Stainless...again.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

After not running into the dreaded "No games found" bug making one restart Magic to be able to play online again to begin with...I ran into it a couple days ago and it has happened to me twice since.  Once again this shows Stainless' lack of progression with the game year to year.  Way to fail Stainless...again.

Welcome to Magic 2014, Duels of the Planeswalkers. You can find the features you have requested in Magic Online. We suggest you try it out and see if you like it.
Good gaming.

Tongue Out

Show

Magic Online has a 3 figure price tag..... or you have to play pauper.

2 + 2 = fish

Magic Online has a 3 figure price tag..... or you have to play pauper.

Now it goes in the confirmed list that you do not understand jokes.

Show

Sometimes I don't get it.  Sometimes I do and act like I don't.

2 + 2 = fish

Smile

Show

New update of 619MB corrupted my Magic 2014 data on PS3.

I still don't understand the reason why you released this game full of bugs, learn how to do your job.
hello i turned on my ps3 today it had an update it said version 1.02  i downloaded it and but it said error installing and quit out i tried a second attempt but it did the same im in australia Foot in Mouth
Alright, the disgusting demigods of bugginess has hit me as well. For 2-3 days now, out of the blue, I've been hit with something that makes my game strangely and rhythmically choppy to the point of it being quite unplayable. I've always run the game in Windowed mode (Fullscreen doesn't help my problem anyways), and my FPS usually hover around 30-62 FPS depending on what I've got going on the side of the game. However, this problem, which source I have yet to identify, makes it so that I'll get hit by waves of rhythmical lagginess that makes my FPS dive by 20 points, then another 20, then shoot back up to 60, dive by 20, dive by 20, then shoot up again, over and over. I can barely click anything without the game first lagging, then activating the wrong link. If I find my way to the Deck Manager, I'll use the mouse to try to pan right through the cards in the deck, and suddenly the card list shoots off in the opposite direction. 

It's odd because I don't have a similar problem with any other game (and I have a semi-beastly rig, mind you). I also tried to see if this was something that could've hit all of my DotP games, but alas, it was not. I've tried deleting, reinstalling, reinstalling my GPU drivers, restarting, not running anything else at the same time.... all for naught! When I tried running the game in Fullscreen mode, the FPS bounced around between 111 and 450 FPS, which in theory is more than sufficient for an optimal game experience. Yet, I experience the same choppiness, which makes me think that something happened during a Steam update, which might not be the best of friends with my GPU (I have a GTX 670).

I do use mods in a separate installation to play and record videos of modded decks, but they haven't been a problem in the past, and the sequenzing of when I installed the most recent mod and when this thing happened doesn't add up. Furthermore, I've removed all mods and I still get the same issue on both installs.

Anyone else heard of this or who is able to think their way to a possible solution?
hello i turned on my ps3 today it had an update it said version 1.02  i downloaded it and but it said error installing and quit out i tried a second attempt but it did the same im in australia

Same problem here (Europe). Corrupted data. Reinstalled the whole game, still the same problem. Any help?
hello i turned on my ps3 today it had an update it said version 1.02  i downloaded it and but it said error installing and quit out i tried a second attempt but it did the same im in australia

Same problem here (Europe). Corrupted data. Reinstalled the whole game, still the same problem. Any help?

I have the same problem in my ps3 (middle east) and now I am redownloading the game 4 the second time.

For others , I am a shadow , for me , others are known kinds of varied metals . I read but I don't write. I listen but I don't  speak .  ​my ideals are sculpted on the solid rock , and my wisdom speaks out for me.

Data reset in safe mode successful. I'm in the game again. Smile
Data reset in safe mode successful. I'm in the game again.

what option did u chose in the sfe mode? 

For others , I am a shadow , for me , others are known kinds of varied metals . I read but I don't write. I listen but I don't  speak .  ​my ideals are sculpted on the solid rock , and my wisdom speaks out for me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWe2D5ahELY&feat...

forum.infamousthegame.com/t5/Technical-H...

Could you explain your complaint.
I am not going to link to just anything.

Show

Update 1.02 on PS3. An Error Occured During Install Operation. (8002AE22). I have downloaded this update four times now. Restore File System Didnt Help.  I am In Australia
Now I've lost a grand total of 35 points due to ...I don't even know what. It's only happened since update yesterday on Steam. This has now made rank totally worthless.
I don't know about 1 on 1 but this occurs in 2hg.

Lost 21 points due to partner and opponents quitting/leaving
Lost 14 points due to no partner leaving or opponent.

Also lost 5 points I should have gotten added to my points. So now players leaving has no penalty(as it always has) and I'm penalized for staying and winning? Should I now attempt to lose to raise my rank?

This should be looked into at least. Went from 139 to 160 rank without losing a match. As one of the few players who have risen without using the promo hack, should I let this stand?
Rocket, start your ps3 in safe mode and restore your file system. This has worked for others.
Good luck.

Show

Number 3!

Number 3!

I did that , it didn't work

I think I got my points back. Or some at least. I just hope it's fixed so it doesn't happen again. Thanks for it if it is fixed.

Unusual amount of promo hackers on this morning. Takes the fun out of it. I had one partner quit in disgust and swear never to play magic again.

Oh yeah on ps3 i magicly got a huge score on the sealed leaderboard,  i got flooded with peoples abusive messages about being a cheat and a hack I dont even know how to write code . I started asking why. I think hakers hack others into huge scores so they get the troubles for it (( now i cant even play the game.
Runnin on Android(HTC one)

Since the last update which was over a week ago, I havent been able to play at all(run app, gets to menu screen "searching for updates" and crashes). I did see a few posts suggesting a reinstall but since I didn't want to lose my progress or go around mucking with the save files, I mostly ignored it hoping for an update to fix this problem.

Today I went to the app store to see if there was any new news there but the first thing I saw was this huge sign saying "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Now, when I bought and downloaded the game It was compatible and It ran remarcably fine with minor glitches in the campagin profile pictures. Because of this incompatibility problem I can't do anything at all part from requesting a refund and/or playing pirate for the stupidest of reasons.

Does anybody know what is going on and when or why did they decide to do a bait n' switch?
Sign In to post comments