Magic 2014 Technical Issues.

1251 posts / 0 new
Last post

Please post general issues of the game not working correctly. Not bugged card interactions please. I am not reporting every individual issue as WOTC and Stainless monitor this thread.

Reported technical issues:

Many iPad users are having numerous issues.

Some XBox players are no longer able to play online multiplayer.

Technical issue fixes
(or, for the anal retentive... Workarounds)

Show
Android Crash: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

PS3 Unable to use while online: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
                                                       community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Steam: Card art: Updating video card drivers is helping some. community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
              Resolution resetting: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...
              Online game modes causing "connection failed": community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
             More help with Steam crashes: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

IPad crash: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

For Tablet Users Select/Confirm: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

XBox: For people whos Sealed deck won't save: Problem being that after purchasing a 3rd slot in sealed it wont let me select it on multiplayer, it will always revert back the last deck I used either 1 or 2.

Simply edit and save the deck that's giving you the problem, when you enter multiplayer this deck will now hold selection when the game begins. Hope this helps for now.

Technical aspects of the game the the community would like to see addressed/changed.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

IOS - iPad mini when I try to open the ninth booster pack it does the opening animation and shows some swirling sparks. Then, when I that continue the number of cards in my pool increases and another pack appears and the same thing happens on infinite loop. I tried force quitting the app a bunch off times but every time I go back to the deck manager it takes me through the same process. I tried playing A couple of matches then trying again nothing works. 
IOS on my ipad 4 the game wont even get past the loading screen. The loading ring starts to spin completes about
3/4s of a turn and it crashes. 
I have seen that it only works right with ios6.

Confirm?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I'm running 6.1.3 and still can't get the game to work right.
Ah crap.

Show

hopefully the connection issues/glitching and non-punished ragequitting will not be present in 2014.. its more of a wishful thinking lol
Installed the 605mb patch and on the loading screen, specifically Ignite your spark, it hardlocks. Deleted the install, reinstalled and went offline, game worked fine. Went back online, reinstalled the patch and game freezes again in the exact same spot. This is on ps3. I now am going to delete the game for the 2nd time and reinstall it.
Android 4.0.3 running on a Medion Lifetab 9514

Crashed twice within the first 10 mins
Sounding cutting out
Double tap to zoom, but the close button disappears, so I can't zoom back out
Freezes, or long periods with seemingly nothing happening

Playing on iPad iOS 6.1.3

Bug #1

When zooming in on a card there is an 'x' in the top corner that you would press to make the card unzoom. This doesn't actually work and I find I have to either double tap again to unzoom or tap somewhere on the play screen another than the card Itself to get it to unzoom.

Also, not really a bug but has anyone else found the load times to be really, really long? restarting a challenge is painful at this point :p
My iPad 3 (up to date afaik) completely froze. Hope this won't happen regularly.

Installed the 605mb patch and on the loading screen, specifically Ignite your spark, it hardlocks. Deleted the install, reinstalled and went offline, game worked fine. Went back online, reinstalled the patch and game freezes again in the exact same spot. This is on ps3. I now am going to delete the game for the 2nd time and reinstall it.

I'm having the same problem. Can anyone say what's going on?
Android version. After I completed the first duel against Chandra (I skipped the tutorial), the game keep crashing when I try to enter Innistrad on the campaing mode.

My Android tablet is an Asus Transformer running Android 4.0.3
Also, not really a bug but has anyone else found the load times to be really, really long? restarting a challenge is painful at this point :p

Yeah, they are definitely longer than 2013.

Same thing here. PS3 version. After the patch, the entire PS3 freezes (By entire PS3, I mean I cannot even hold down the PS button to manually quit game/turn system off) right at the screen that says "Ignite your spark" each and every time. I've yet to get past that screen. Of my 70+ currently owned PS3 games, both digital and disc, none do this. I can only assume its an issue with the game software. Is there a fix or any suggestions for this?

Same problem on PS3 here. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with and without the patch, with and without the full game unlock, online and offline. Same screen, every time, my PS3 completely freezes.

This game is UNPLAYABLE. Worse, it makes my entire SYSTEM unusable. Can we get someone to, if not fix it, at least acknowledge that it's a problem and someone might be working on a solution?

MAJOR inconvenience. I won't be throwing my $10 away next year.
Playing on iPad iOS 6.1.3

Bug #1

When zooming in on a card there is an 'x' in the top corner that you would press to make the card unzoom. This doesn't actually work and I find I have to either double tap again to unzoom or tap somewhere on the play screen another than the card Itself to get it to unzoom.

Loading times have been a problem since the first game sadly

Same thing here. PS3 version. After the patch, the entire PS3 freezes (By entire PS3, I mean I cannot even hold down the PS button to manually quit game/turn system off) right at the screen that says "Ignite your spark" each and every time. I've yet to get past that screen. Of my 70+ currently owned PS3 games, both digital and disc, none do this. I can only assume its an issue with the game software. Is there a fix or any suggestions for this?

Thanks for your post! We're investigating this issue on the PS3. Can you provide a few more details that might help out? Things we're looking for (same goes for anyone else experiencing something like this on PS3):

•  Which console model you own.

• Your system version.

• Has the game been patched prior to the hang? (already answered, thanks you two)

• What country/region did you purchase from?

• Are you playing the Trial for the full version of the game?

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

A quick note - it's possible this is related to the PSN maintenance this morning. Still looking into it!

Sean Gibbons

A quick note - it's possible this is related to the PSN maintenance this morning. Still looking into it!

Just as another point of data, I'm on PS3 and have had zero trouble with the game so far.  I didn't play before getting the 1.01 patch, and am playing on a 120gb Slim that was purchased 3 years ago.

Can you please pass along my concern about the font size for life total and cards in hand/graveyard being wayyyyyyy too small?!
Wow. Two stickys.
I fee like Naven Johnson looking through the new phone book.

Show

Good point Sean.
I have noticed in the past that connection issues, whether it's you or the psn can cause a ps3 to copletely freeze, requiring an unplug and file restore.

Show

I own a Phat PS3 160 GB, purchased from US, using the full game, firmware version is 4.41.

I hope it's something easily repairable. I've been looking forward to this for a while!

Good point Sean. I have noticed in the past that connection issues, whether it's you or the psn can cause a ps3 to copletely freeze, requiring an unplug and file restore.

But if that were the case, why would it only happen on the one game? Also, I've even tried completely disconnecting my PS3 from the internet, which should negate that possibility and it didn't help.
Some more info that I hope may be of help....

It seems that disabling the internet connection in system settings is what allows for the game to load properly when offline, I signed out but still had my connection enabled and it still hard locked.

Trying to think of a work around, I asked one of my friends to invite me to a game, (I was in the XMB, had not started the game yet--accepted the invite which auto starts the game) this bypassed the typical loading screen and went to 'joining', at which point I joined his lobby and am now online and playing.

To answer your questions Sean:

•  Which console model you own.   PS3 SLIM                        

• What country/region did you purchase from? US

• Are you playing the Trial for the full version of the game? PURCHASED

This was occuring immediately after it went on sale in the store last night apx. 10 pm PST.

Thanks for your post! We're investigating this issue on the PS3. Can you provide a few more details that might help out? Things we're looking for (same goes for anyone else experiencing something like this on PS3):

•  Which console model you own.

• Your system version.

• Has the game been patched prior to the hang? (already answered, thanks you two)

• What country/region did you purchase from?

• Are you playing the Trial for the full version of the game?

Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

I own the PS3 fat model with a Glory 100GB HDD
My current system version is 4.41
Country/Region of PS3 and purchase is NA

I have purchased the full version, which was my first attempt. After the initial freeze, I deleted and reinstalled the trial version only, which failed again. My 3rd (and final) reinstall was again, trial version. This time, I did not patch it, and attempted both online and offline start-ups. All failures.

Hope this helps.

Paid for MTG DOTP 2014 on PS3

Spent 45 minutes downloading and installing MTG DOTP 2014 

Went to start the game, downloaded and installed 1.01 605 Mb patch for MTG DOTP 2014

Game Started getting excited... game freezes on ignite screen...game freezes my system on ignite screen

Try to start the game a half a dozen more  times game freezes my system a half a dozen more times

Throw my controller accross the room  

I Come here find out others are having the same issue make an account so I can post this

Getting angrier ... going to start posting on other sites

12 hours from now will try game ONE more time and it will freeze my system again will cancel payment and forget I ever knew game existed.
Buggy!!! Loaded on iPad and haven't been able to get it to run without crashing. Bummer!
Crashes after beating the first challenge on an Android Galaxy S III phone and won't continue after restarting. Tried it on a Motorola Xoom Android tablet and no crashes. Common bug in both is that the Innistrad plane has a black square over it. It's a visual bug that doesn't affect gameplay.
Also, when attacking, the text next to the two attack icons disappears. 
Android version. After I completed the first duel against Chandra (I skipped the tutorial), the game keep crashing when I try to enter Innistrad on the campaing mode.

My Android tablet is an Asus Transformer running Android 4.0.3

same exact issue on innistrad here. running acer iconia a500 running 4.0.3

PSN peeps! Really quick, can you check to see if you're still having problems crashing?

If so, and you didn't before, please give me the info requested in this thread (the post with the bulletpoints).

Sean Gibbons

Posted this in the bug section but told to post it here:

For some reason i had my HUD disappear completely while playing the first encounter in the campaign (health bar, cards in hand/deck/grave the icon picture). Then when i casted Aether Figment (i could still see my cards) and it should have brought up the "Do i want to kick it or not to make it a 3/3" there was no box to choose from so the whole game ended up being stuck.  had to restart duel....

Oh btw i didnt have any issues with the game freezing at the main menu and im on PS3 slim, different HDD than what came with the system. Current firmware out for PS3.
When Re-naming sealed decks with ipad you must use the split keyboard to get the name to take (To be able to see and push the confirm button). Not necessarily a bug to fix but it was annoying for me until was able to work around it.

No card glitches two far! Sealed 
NimNams 2014 DoTP Invitational Sealed Tournament Champion - Undefeated... 'merica. eyePad GC tag: increasing aperture (formerly: uglywagon)
I'm having the same technical issue as many others for the PS3, I have downloaded and installed the full game unlock, I try to play and my PS3 locks up at the Ignite your flame every time. I uninstalled only installed the demo still will not work properly, I disable my Internet and I can play but only then.
Sean if you're reading.
What is this Consumable Deck Key that's in the store and where are all  the unlock keys?

Lucy, you got some splaining to do.

Edit: I figured it out. Sorry.

Show

PSN peeps! Really quick, can you check to see if you're still having problems crashing?

If so, and you didn't before, please give me the info requested in this thread (the post with the bulletpoints).

PS3 Slim, US, up to date firmware

Locks up at ignite your flame. If I unplug cat5 it loads. After I'm at main menu I can replug cat5 and log into PSN. I patched game before it loaded the first time last night at around midnight. Haven't tried a reinstall.
Downloaded this on my Toshiba Thrive was so happy it finally came to android. Doesn't even work in any mode it just crashes after selecting a mode. Only thing that works is the option screen. Update the android app please!

Husband and I played all day with absolutely zero problems on a 120gb Slim purchased 3 years ago (this included a lot of playing online once the PSN was back up).

However, let me repeat again can you pretty please let someone know that the "Life Total" numbers are so small they're almost completely unreadable!

Probably won't be resolved I guess as it is only happening to certain people.
Not a problem loading the game before or after the update myself.
I have a 120 slim with a 500g hd and it's about 7 years old.

Show

unplayable crush every time, with/without internet, with/without patch
40g fat model ps3
version 4.41
Country/Region is Canada
yes i brought the whole game....
please fix this soon!
For what its worth, I have a PS3 Slim, 120GB (I think), bought in the US, playing in Latin America (don't know if its the same zone or not).

Downloaded, installed and played the demo just now with no problems. Did NOT update.
Sign In to post comments