Thorncaster Sliver
Unflinching Courage
Shared Animosity
Mirror Entity
Inferno
Faith's Fetters
Indestructibility

Well, that was fast. Thanks, evenfall!

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

You know we love you, right?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Got a second Browbeat!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Where are the codes for them?
Well, the promos for MMz will for sure help in the quest for making it a control deck...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Mind Maze offical winner of 2014. You can go home.

Only awesome cards (dat force of will/cryptic command/snapcaster) and what does firewave get ( a second browbeat). Also Sneak Attack predictet!

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

GoA!!!!
Ahab!!!!

Show

Snapcaster Mage..........
Also Mask of Dimir looks a lot better now.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Force of Will..........
LOL @ mindmaze
Where are my Dungrove Elder and Imperiosaur, HS?

Wow, thanks evenfall!  This certainly asnwers some questions!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Greater Auramancy O_O

Things just got a lot more interesting for most of the decks.

Poor Masks of the Dimir, though... at least it got another Evil Twin...
All decks look competitive now and far more interesting. All hail the promos!

It got 3 powerful bombs (4 if you count Hollowborn Barghest, but that thing is damn expensive). Spinal Embrace is expensive, but does everything the deck wants. Followed Footsteps and Painful Quandary are good utility spells. Reins of Power and Commandeer can lead to massive blowouts if you engineer the right situations for them. Honestly, it could be a lot worse for Dimir.

Demon of Deaths Gate.
Me likey.

Show

So considering this year - they don't want the Promo Unlocks leaked... the 10 codes will be slowly rolled out through events?

It got 3 powerful bombs (4 if you count Hollowborn Barghest, but that thing is damn expensive). Spinal Embrace is expensive, but does everything the deck wants. Followed Footsteps and Painful Quandary are good utility spells. Reins of Power and Commandeer can lead to massive blowouts if you engineer the right situations for them. Honestly, it could be a lot worse for Dimir.

True, and Ghastlord of Fugue is always a winner if you can get him to stick.  Since this year has less removal, he should perform a lot better this time around.

So considering this year - they don't want the Promo Unlocks leaked... the 10 codes will be slowly rolled out through events?

No one knows what they are going to do this year. Don't be surprised if evenfall pop-ups again in 5 minutes with the 10 codes.

Why do they keep putting cards in the wrong decks?  Why does Dracomancer get all the straight ramp that Chant wants?  Why is Crush of Wurms in Hunter's Strength where it will never, ever get played instead of Chant where it can feasibly be cast and would be an awesome card?

That was the idea last time.  It won't ever work out that way if the codes are checked on the player's end and not server-side when you enter them (they won't be checked server-side).
Good lord...**** just got real o_O
Awh man, what's up with all the crummy blue spells mind maze got?  Tongue Out.  We aren't going to print anymore powerful hard counter spells so we'll just put some of the best of them into DotP instead.
Both white decks got some pretty nice additions as well.

Gamertag: B0BBY B0ULDERS

Mind Maze, best deck in the game. < 3

Also yeah I agree, UB is a lottt better with these.
Mind Maze got some truly disgusting cards.  Force of Will?!  Snapcaster Mage?!  TEMPORAL MASTERY!!!!

Good thing Blue is my favorite color to play... ;)
Mind Maze got some truly disgusting cards.  Force of Will?!  Snapcaster Mage?!  TEMPORAL MASTERY!!!!

Good thing Blue is my favorite color to play... ;)

Don't forget another counterspell, Cryptic Command, and Mind Control as well.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Temporal Mastery doesn't look THAT good to me. You need to topdeck it with the regular draw to make it good. It's just one of these annoying cards to lose against, but probably too inconsistent to play.
No one knows what they are going to do this year. Don't be surprised if evenfall pop-ups again in 5 minutes with the 10 codes.

Yeah, now we just need that and the info on what decks are in the expansion. Perhaps I should go get my stopwatch. Wink

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Pulling off the combo with Snapcaster and Force of Will in your graveyard will be the sweetest thing.

Hold on, would that work?  I never remember how "alternate casting costs" are treated, I know that when I tried to Memory Plunder a Natural Order it didn't do anything...

Pulling off the combo with Snapcaster and Force of Will in your graveyard will be the sweetest thing.

Hold on, would that work?  I never remember how "alternate casting costs" are treated, I know that when I tried to Memory Plunder a Natural Order it didn't do anything...

It has to be a Green creature for Natural Order to work.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Wait, is the game already out for some system or where does this come from?
Firewave got Relentless Assault, which, sweet lovin's with Final Fortune.

What the hell is up with mindmaze? Why the hell does it need all that?

Temporal Mastery doesn't look THAT good to me. You need to topdeck it with the regular draw to make it good. It's just one of these annoying cards to lose against, but probably too inconsistent to play.

TM is actually pretty bad if you don't have ways to manipulate the top of your library, like Brainstorm, Ponder, Preordain or mr. OP himself, Jace, the Mind Sculptor.

Oh, duh.  I still think it was bugged though, because it didn't ask me to sacrifice a creature - shouldn't it have done that at least?

From Snapcaster rullings:

"You can’t pay other alternative costs of a card you’re casting from your graveyard using flashback. For example, if the instant or sorcery has an overload cost, you can’t pay that cost."

Least they put the infamous Whale in. That should make GoA never buy the game ever happy.

Oh, duh.  I still think it was bugged though, because it didn't ask me to sacrifice a creature - shouldn't it have done that at least?

I made the same mistake, lol.  I really can't remember if it made me sac a creature or not.  According to that card the summoning of the creature happens before the saccing, so no summoning no saccing (I think).

Edit: Or what fel said. ;P 

Least they put the infamous Whale in. That should make GoA never buy the game ever happy.

Not gonna lie, I'm running the Whale.  So flavorful!

The rich get richer..

The extra cards are definitely good for the decks, but the decks I was hoping would get the most (FW, MOD) didn't get nearly as much as the decks I hoped would get less (MMz).  It definitely seems like all decks improved, but the good decks pulled ahead even further.

Didn't I say something about not speculating until the game is played?  Whoops..