Dungeon Build Requests

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi

I really enjoy designing dungeons, so I thought I'd start this up. If you're stuck for a map, or someone's ill and you need a filler dungeon, or if you just can't be bothered designing it yourself, just post your request here and I'll draw it up for you. If it's a big request and I can't get it done in time, I'll post you a small filler dungeon to do in the meantime, probably introducing the main dungeon or telling the players how/why they're there.

Stuff I'll need to know:

Level: What level are your players? I don't want to build an aboleth dungeon for a third-level party
Theme: What sort of monsters do you want in your dungeon? If you're running a campaign to destroy the evil necromancer, I need to know that so I don't build a dungeon full of animals.
Boss: Do you have a specific boss fight you want at the end? If so, post me his stats and XP and I'll work him into the dungeon. If you don't have a profile, I'll make one for you if you tell me what you want.
XP: Do you want this dungeon to send your players up a level? Two? Half a level? Tell me how much XP you want.
Timeframe: When do you need this done by? 
Other: Anything else you think I'll find useful. For example: "Fred doesn't have many minions, so he fills his base with traps", or "Geoff likes sending hordes of minions to swarm enemies rather than a few strong warriors", or "Bob has a pet X that he keeps near him and likes to set on adventurers"
This is a neat idea.  I've just gotten the idea recently for a simple first level adventure involving a child that falls (or is taken) down an old abandoned well.  The PCs will (hopefully) go down to rescue and find a small series of caves attached to the dry well.  

After dealing with a few natural/pseudo-natural hazards like molds/slimes/fungi/carrion crawlers they find the victim captured by an ogre or perhaps a worg who is just about to devour its prey...

The exact amount of xp isn't important, but I'd like to see your take on it. 
This is a neat idea.  I've just gotten the idea recently for a simple first level adventure involving a child that falls (or is taken) down an old abandoned well.  The PCs will (hopefully) go down to rescue and find a small series of caves attached to the dry well.  

After dealing with a few natural/pseudo-natural hazards like molds/slimes/fungi/carrion crawlers they find the victim captured by an ogre or perhaps a worg who is just about to devour its prey...

The exact amount of xp isn't important, but I'd like to see your take on it. 

Unfortunately, the map is too big for the site, so here it is

Also, you said a level one dungeon and then proceeded to list some definitely not level 1 monsters, so I went with level one and changed it to goblins (except the Well Thing). The idea is that the goblins discovered the Well Thing and now venerate it as a god. 

So, here's the stats for it:

Walls: Natural stone (see DM's Guide)
DCs (Easy/Med/Hard): Ability 10/15/20, Skill 15/20/25
Assumed Party Size: 5 

Room 1: Sneaky Skirmishers
Pits: 10 feet deep (1d10 fall damage) 
Monsters: 2x Goblin Warrior, 1x Goblin Sharpshooter on ledge
Tactics: The warriors make full use of the pits, moving around them and throwing javelins, always keeping the pits between them and the PC melee warriors. They target PCs with ranged attacks as priorities.   

Room 2: Storage
Chest: Contains 1x level 2 magic item and 50gp

Room 3: Hero Sandwich
Monsters: 1x Goblin Sharpshooter and 1x Goblin Hexer on ledge
               1x Goblin Skullcleaver and 1x Goblin Warrior in room
               1x Goblin Skullcleaver entering from behind after one round
                    Tactics: The Sharpshooter targets the main melee warrior. The Hexer hits the main ranged attacker with a Blinding Hex and the main melee warrior with a Stinging Hex. He'll also put a Vexing Cloud right in the middle of the room. The Skullcleavers will charge to engage the closest enemy, while the warrior will stand back and hurl javelins. They will shift at every opportunity to allow the Hexer to use Incite Bravery as much as possible.     

Room 4: The Well Thing
Features: The pool is dark and murky. At its southernmost point, just on shore, lies the abducted child. A goblin is bent over it, busily searching it for
anything worth looting.
Monsters:  1x Goblin Skullcleaver and 1x Well Thing. The Well Thing emerges from its pool at the start of the combat, and only it can act in the surprise round.

Well Thing
Level 4 Solo Brute, XP 350 
Large aberrant beast (aquatic)

Initiative +1; Senses Perception +8, Blindsight 4

AC 20; Fort 22, Ref 13, Will 15
HP 250, Bloodied 125; Regeneration 5

Speed 4 (clumsy), swim 10

Tentacle (Standard; At-Will) Melee Basic +10 vs AC
        Reach 2, 1d8+6 damage

Bite (Standard; At-Will) Melee Basic +10 vs AC 
        2d6+6 damage and the target takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends)

Fury (Standard; At-Will Only While Bloodied)

The Well Thing makes two Tentacle attacks and one Bite attack  

Adventure Summary: Each player has gained 300 XP over the course of this adventure. They have also gained the goodwill of the townsfolk. They have looted a +2 magic item and 50gp, plus whatever they took from the goblins.
Oh.  I only meant for the big bad at the end to be above level one.  Thanks!

I will try and give this a run in the near future! 
Oh.  I only meant for the big bad at the end to be above level one.  Thanks!

I will try and give this a run in the near future! 

You're welcome. I hope you and your players enjoy it.
Sign In to post comments