Taking over Hommlet

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys, I'm playing an evil 3.5 campaign set in the Temple of Elemental Evil, we're level 8 and we're making a play for the town of Hommlet this week. My group specializes in enchantment and necromancy, our goal is to take out their leaders and if possible convert (or burn down) their churches, and replace them with our presence (or, rather, replace them with someone under our thumb so that we may still adventure.) Any thoughts on making this dream a reality? We have a cleric, sorcerer (ench), wizard (necr), assassin, and fighter.
Make sure your DM is in on the plan. Otherwise, the DM will probably stop you cold.

If I have to ask the GM for it, then I don't want it.

Make sure your DM is in on the plan. Otherwise, the DM will probably stop you cold.

I would question the assumptions of any DM that runs an evil campaign and doesn't expect the PCs to conquer a town.

I would question the assumptions of any DM that runs an evil campaign and doesn't expect the PCs to conquer a town.

I missed that it was an evil campaign. Still, just expecting them to do it doesn't mean the DM is bought in. The DM's idea of the challenges involved might not work out to what's fun for the group.

If I have to ask the GM for it, then I don't want it.

He definitely knows. we've taken a frontier town already, and we've been planning this attack in detail for about 3 Weeks now. should go off relatively successfully, I was just seeing if you guys saw any details I hasn't thought of yet.
Hey guys, I'm playing an evil 3.5 campaign set in the Temple of Elemental Evil, we're level 8 and we're making a play for the town of Hommlet this week. My group specializes in enchantment and necromancy, our goal is to take out their leaders and if possible convert (or burn down) their churches, and replace them with our presence (or, rather, replace them with someone under our thumb so that we may still adventure.) Any thoughts on making this dream a reality? We have a cleric, sorcerer (ench), wizard (necr), assassin, and fighter.

Take out Rufus and Burne so you can rule the city from the tower.
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
Sign In to post comments