Any ideas story-wise and background-wise for a Thri Kreen warrior prince?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flavor/fluff-wise the Thri Kreen are one of those races that I really couldn't wait to make a build for. Wound up making a Thri Kreen Two Blade (dual bastard swords atm) Ranger.

The only real substantial thing I came up with is that I'm imagining him as a some sort of warrior prince of the Thri Kreen.

I'm having a difficult time expanding on that. If anyone could help get the creative juices flowing I'd highly appreciate it. All ideas are welcome!

Also just throwing it out there but this is what my guy looks like/is the picture I'm using for my Thri Kreen Warrior Prince.

IMAGE(http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/019/e/5/Mantis_Warrior_Big_by_NuMioH.jpg)

There are a lot of things that I'm trying to piece together. Why is this warrior prince out adventuring? Was he wronged in some way? Possibly outcast from his people/kingdom for some reason? Was he betrayed? What are his motivations?

Basic things like that. I feel like once I get started on a general idea for what this dude's story is I can get everything else to flow naturally.
This may be helpful. It has all things kreen.
danaki.net/downloads/PDF/Darksun%20-%20T...
This thread is a duplicate, and needs deleted.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
This thread is a duplicate, and needs deleted.

Is it really...? Did someone make an identical thread?

EDIT:

I should probably thank sockmonkey though. The link you provided helped me tremendously in understanding the Kreen as a race and coming up with a backstory on my own.
It's a duplicate in the sense that it covers the same subject.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
It's a duplicate in the sense that it covers the same subject.

A duplicate would be if I made a second thread asking where to start for a backstory.

In any sense it wouldn't be called a duplicate because it's not a replica or asking the same question at all, it's merely discussing the same character.

But of course now we're arguing semantics for the sake of it in a thread I fully intended to let die so this confusion wouldn't happen.