Is the new Multiclass Option still missing from the builder?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I can't find it or figure out if it's there (which means it's probably not.)

Does anyone know if the new multiclassing options from Dragon 421 have been added into the builder (it seems it's supposed to work much different from the feat selection.)

It'd be nice if you guys would update the builder more often than every 6 months, since I'm paying $10/month for, and more, since for some insane reason you guys are billing me through Luxembourg which puts a lovely international processing fee on my subscription.
Those rules are from the Unearted Arcana articles serie, which is not implented in the tools.

D394 Unearthed Arcacna: This is an “Unearthed Arcana” article, which means that it is an unofficial variant for the Dungeons & Dragons game. You won’t find these options in the D&D Character Builder, the D&D Compendium, or any printed rulebooks. If you’d like to use these awakened psion rules for your character, be sure to discuss it in advance with your DM and get his or her OK.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Seem like alot of bull to put something in the magazine and not implement in the dnd building or is that "D&D Home Campaign" option put in just for S***s n' giggles?
No, it's for including ALL of the non-UA material in the entire game.  UA material has never been entered, for a variety of reasons, but most often, as in this case, because it takes the game and breaks it into tiny pieces over its knee.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
It's sad it was not included but if UA material has, and never will be included, I guess I can't be too upset. Though I can be dissapointed.

Fortunetly you can accomplish the otpional milticlass rules pretty easilly with the online builder anyway.

1) build your character to your proper level using your "primary" class. In my case I made a level 15 rouge.

2) Go back into the powers selection tab and "unselect" the levels in which you want a different class. In my case I unselected level 2 and 3.

3) Hit the House Rules button at the top (orange house) and do a search (by filtered levels and class) of the clas syou want to milti into. In my case Level 2 (min and max), Fighter - select power and repeat for level 3 fighter power.

The only part you'll have to manually adjust on your character sheet are the HPs differences for the selected levels. In my cast a fighter receives 1 more HP over a rouge, so for two levels I added 2 HPS to my sheet and adjusted the HP surge value up 1 point.

a little messy but it works.
It holds up fine for the AEDU classes, but breaks down severely for anything non-standard unfortunately.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
It holds up fine for the AEDU classes, but breaks down severely for anything non-standard unfortunately.

Ahh okay, good to know.
For the non-standard classes, you just add the extra powers you want as house ruled powers.  The trick is to keep track of the class features and extra uses of your single class encounter power that you don't get.