Two Creatures Grabbing One Another?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone,

So I'm preparing for an upcoming game and I was looking to create an interesting one on one encounter for one of my players (a fight brawler). One of the enemies I was considering utilizes grabs in its basic attack. Now the fighter brawler also uses a lot of grabs for his attacks. So I was wondering, what happens if a grabbed creature attempts to grab the creature grabbing it? Does it break the original grab? Is the creature just unable to grab? Or do the two creatures just end up grabbing one another?
Nothing says grabbed creatures can't grab other creatures so they can.  You wind up with two grabbed creatures.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
So I was wondering, what happens if a grabbed creature attempts to grab the creature grabbing it?

They're both grabbed, and mutually hold each other in position.  It effectivly means that the two entities can't maneuver during the grab, nor use the "move a grabbed target" action. 

and they could both use other abilities that require the target to be grabbed, like the daily power on Gorilla Gloves, various Swallow attacks, etc, because you aren't prevented from doing so while you are grabbed.
Also, they might make a really cute couple and just want to have a Kodak moment.  Just give them some space.  :D
It's a common house rule that two creatures grabbing each other must kiss.
its posts like these last 2 that make me really wish these forums had a thumbs up button, so you will have to just accept this  

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard