Everything I need ever.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK, Level 18, A Cleric. I have my feats. I have my magic items, I got my spells and my skill points and everything. Now I have something like 12,000 GP Left and its time to buy some last gear. I was at 23,000 and then I bought a sailship and two balistas for no reason what so ever but since its an open world evil game well...never know when I am going to use them.

I also picked up a shadow Mastiff and 5 Climb Dogs

Here is a list of everything I bought with my money. I didn't do the math the GM just decided to let me have whatever mundane gear I wanted after those last purchase for like 3,000 GP without worrying about it. I want to have everything I can think of so that if something happens somewhere you can bet there is a "high" chance I will be prepared for it.

Never know when a diety will try to kill you and the only way to kill him is with a lense, some sealing wax, a hammer, a bell and 50 ft of rope!!!!!

So basically I list my mundane gear and if you guys can think of something to buy to add to my list. Please let me know. I just wanna make sure I got everything a level 18 character could ever need.

1 - 10 ft. pole
1- 50 Ft. Rope
1- Bell
1- Winter Blanket
1- Backpack
1- Inkpen
1- Ink vial
20 - Candles
1- Chain 20 ft.
1- Oil
1- waterskin
1- Tent
10- Hooded Lanturn
1 - Clerics Vestments
1- Nobles Outfit
10 - Food rations
1- Fishhook
1- Fishing net
1- grapplehook
5- Clay Jug
9- Torches
1- Iron Pot
20- Paper
1- Hour Glass
1- Wagon
1- 50 ft "silk" rope
2- Light Horses
1- Cold Weather Outfit
1 Soap
1- Sledge
3- 30 LBS Barrels
1 - Fling and steel
7 - Tankard clay mugs
1 - Clay Pitcher
3 - Sewing needles
3- Shovels
100 - Aboleth Mucus Vials
1- Bolt Cutters
1 - 50 Ft Barbed Wire
1- Candle Mold
16 - Ear Plugs
10 - Flotation devices
1- retractable grappling hook
1- Hacksaw
1- Ice Axe
1- Insect Netting
2- Keg Cask
1- Small Magnet
1- Butterfly Net
1- Periscope
1- Music Box
5- Pulley
7- Snorkles
7- Snow Shoes
7- Skies and poles
10- Sparklers
1- Sparker
2- Tarps
1- Tent Pavillion
7 Snow Goggles
1- 50 Ft Twine
1 LBS of Everything from Page 31 Arms and Equiptment Guide
1- Fez
7 Fur Cloaks
7 Cloth Cloaks
10 -Fine Belts
1- Portable Ram
5- Mannacles
1- Lens
5 - Chalk
1- Hammer
1- Amazing Lock
1- Miners Pick
1- Pition
1- Sealing Wax
1- Signal Whistle
2- Parchments
1- Magnafying Glass
1- Mirror
1- Whetstone
1- Merchants Scale
31 - Empty Sacks
50 Ft of Hempen Rope
4- Bulls Eye Lanturn

Also a Sail Ship but I think I mentioned that. Also has two balistas because I think they might be better then light Catapult. I have named it the Crimson Drake.

I do not know why I want all this but if it does not fit in my handy haversack then it goes in my cart and my wagon. If it wont fit there. It goes on the ship.

So what I am I missing that has a possibility of me or my "team mates" might possibly need in the future?
If you want to own all of those things, that's fine, but most will probably never be used.  You say you have your magic items already, so I assume you spent the lion's share of your starting money on them or else you'd have more left.  What you should do is talk with your DM.
Well yes, If all you ever do is follow the story of whatever DM you have and do combat lol.

I think if I go out of my way I can use up at least 70% of what is there.

Use ink, inkpen and paper to write messages for something.
Use barrels, sacks and whatnot to store stuff.

Chalk to mark places if we ever go in a cave.

Mirror to look around corners of places

Snow stuff is Just in case we get stuck on cold mountain somewhere lol. Blanket for winer/fall night times.

sealing wax is useful sometimes.

Just wanna make sure I have everything that could solve any story related problems ever lol.
Just wanna make sure I have everything that could solve any story related problems ever lol.

Oh, well in that case all you need is
Show
a Wizard
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

how about hundreds of pit bull type dogs that are trained to kill. you could set them loose and own the planet.
I use www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p... whenever I'm looking for some weird, creative shenanigans. Some is magical, almost all is cheap, and everything is....unorthodox.
All you need is the Packrat feat (Dragon 354, p.56). You get 10gp/level gear which you do not need to define beforehand.

The downside is, you need to take the Wedded to History feat first, with the Wanderer background, and be an "Elder" character, that is, having somehow made it way past your normal life expectancy or brought forward from a distant past (such as having spent the past millenium petrified).

My Eberron Characters. Commissions by various artists on Deviant Art.

Do you have masterwork professional kits like carpentry kit, healers kit, Alchemy lab and etc? How about scroll cases with non-magical scrolls of spells the wizards know?

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

Do you have masterwork professional kits like carpentry kit, healers kit, Alchemy lab and etc? How about scroll cases with non-magical scrolls of spells the wizards know?

The last one of these is just one kind of spellbook.

A few years ago we had a debate on the forums whether it was better to use a western style spellbook or eastern style ofuda or scrollcases, I lost interest after the first six pages.

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

Pitons.
Universal Solvent and Sovereign Glue.
Marbles.
Flour.
Manacles.

Even though they're magical, so might not fit your list:
- Eversmoking bottle
- Survival Pouch
- Vestment of Many Things
- Everful Mug
- Decanter of Endless Water.

I always carry around an assortment of random useful stuff. I once saved us by pulling an iron door out of my vest. Each of the above items has saved our lives at least once.

5e should strongly stay away from "I don't like it, so you can't have it either."

I once asked the question (in D&D 3.5) "Does a Druid4/Wizard3/ArcaneHierophant1 have Wildshape?". Jesse Decker and Andy Collins: Yes and the text is clear and can't be interpreted differently. Rich Redman and Ed Stark: No and the text is clear and can't be interpreted differently. Skip Williams: Lol, it's worded ambiguously and entirely not how I intended it. (Cust. Serv. Reference# 050815-000323)