Finally Playtested it!

Party was one Cleric of the Lifegiver (me) and one Paladin Cavalier, both level 6.

DM sent us to the Isle of Dread (at least I think it's called like this). We had to go to some pirate cove, and free some prisoners.

All-in-all, I liked it. I think the adventure was for lower-level parties, but we were only 2, so it worked out. At the end of the day, we had expended all our spells and Hit Dice, so it felt like we earned our loot (a sword +1 and a ring of water-walking).

The Paladin loved Deadly Strike, and he had a nerdgasm when he hit the final boss with some kind of SMite that made him do +3d10 damage.  He also had some ability to protect me, so enemies were attacking me with disadvantage, which was sweet.

I liked that I had some kind of minor spell to heal with a swift action, and a big heal that took 1 action.

I had a cantrip that made me spam 2d8 radiant damge (on a failed save), so I didn't really use my mace a lot.

Something that looked a bit weird, I was able to pick two locks... It felt a bit off, but it seems I could just try it, and it wasn't too difficult, so I went with it.

Character creation was kind of quick, until I had to prepare my spells. I had to read them all, and since they're sorted in alphabetical order I had to go back and forth on the pdf to do this. I would have preferred if they were grouped by class and then by level.

With ADnD 2e being my favourite iteration of DnD, I'm quite happy with this game. 

My RPG Campaigns

I joke that D&D Next is what happens when, A Christmas Carol-like, 3rd & 4th edition's ghosts travel back in time to an evening near the end of AD&D 2E's life, and say "this is what is coming" and so AD&D 2E heads off in a different direction. So, it's like alt-reality AD&D 3rd, maybe?Cam Banks

Something that looked a bit weird, I was able to pick two locks... It felt a bit off, but it seems I could just try it, and it wasn't too difficult, so I went with it.

Just for future reference, picking locks requires you to use a set of thief's tools, and you can't use thief's tools unless you're proficient with them (it works like weapon proficiency). So unless you took one of the feats that gives you proficiency with thief's tools, you actually shouldn't have been able to pick those locks.
Ok, that makes more sense... Guess we did it wrong then

My RPG Campaigns

I joke that D&D Next is what happens when, A Christmas Carol-like, 3rd & 4th edition's ghosts travel back in time to an evening near the end of AD&D 2E's life, and say "this is what is coming" and so AD&D 2E heads off in a different direction. So, it's like alt-reality AD&D 3rd, maybe?Cam Banks