DoTP 2014 Sealed Tourny-PS3

518 posts / 0 new
Last post
PS3 Sealed Tournament for Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014

I am putting down what I guess you call the guidelines for the Tournament(what we have been discussing thus far).  If we need to change anything, let me know.  Since the majority of us have played together previously, there really shouldn't be any trust issues to worry about.  Anyway, here we are:

1) Deck size is minimum of 40(no choice in the matter,lol).  If you wish to go higher, that is your choice.

2) Sideboarding is allowed if you wish to do so(why wouldn't you?).  Just communicate ith one another so you can get back into game with each other.

3) We will be using all 9 boosters for this as well.  Mighat as well have every card we can!!

4) You do not need to post your card pool.  If you want to post your 9 rares, feel free, but I also don't think we need to do that.  This is for fun with no prizes, trust should be non issue here.

5) We will be playing round robin style(at least I think that is what it is called).  This way we all play one another and don't get knocked out due to mana screw(which happens!).   We will playing 3 games against everyone, with 1 point for each win for a max of 3 points per set.

5a)In the event of a draw game, each player will get half a point. 

6)Disconnect issues... Replay the game seems to be standard here.  Communnication is key.  If a clear cut winner could be determined during a disconnect, and the 2 players can agree, you can do it that way as well. Otherwise, just replay the game.

7)You may play ahead if you guys wish, just make sure to show which round you are playing so I do everything properly.

8)Player with the most points wins.  If more than one person has same amount of points, we will do finals for top players to determine final winner.   

9)Most important:  HAVE FUN!!!

here is the link to the challonge:
challonge.com/dotp2014sealedtournyps3
Forum Name                                   PSN ID

eaglenitewillow                                  EagleNiteWillow1 
DroneOn                                           zerodrone
thedevilwuster                                   thedevilwuster 
Lilen                                                  Lilen
Soratami                                            ilikethispart
mrc1986                                           mrc_1986
InFaMoUsGeMiNi                               InFaMoUs_GeMiNi
Dragon_Puncher                               Buen
pterosaur                                          pterosaur
Higure                                              TheNephilim 
aaronjoncheney                                 ACAardvark
sixty4half                                          
sixty4half
fma                                                   fma_011
N00BGamerisN00b                             N00BGamerisN00b
thelivingcrysus                                  crysus89
ChameleonMS                                   ChameleonMS
LOGANPL                                          LOGAN_PL 

ROUND 4:

TheNephilim vs ChameleonMS
mrc_1986 vs crysus89
ilikethispart vs Lilen
thedevilwuster vs LOGAN_PL

off this week: pterosaur 
--------------------------------------
Round 5:

Buen vs mrc_1986
crysus89 vs pterosaur
fma_011 vs TheNephilim       

off this week: ME!!             

PlayedRemainingMatch W-L-TGame/Set WinsTotal Points in Games
fma_0116106 - 0 - 01616
N00BGamerisN00b6106 - 0 - 01515
ACAardvark794 - 3 - 01313
Lilen5114 - 1 - 01212
sixty4half794 - 3 - 01212
ChameleonMS6104 - 2 - 01212
ilikethispart5114 - 1 - 01111
TheNephilim4124 - 0 - 01111
thedevilwuster6103 - 3 - 01111
Buen4123 - 1 - 099
pterosaur5113 - 2 - 099
EagleNiteWillow15113 - 2 - 088
mrc_19864122 - 2 - 088
LOGAN_PL4122 - 2 - 088
crysus894122 - 2 - 077
zerodrone160 - 15 - 1
InFaMoUs_GeMiNi160 - 15 - 1
I'm in as usual, i'm gonna use only 1 slot the other one is reserved for the expansion :P

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Sure.
I think I would like to try this.
Never played Sealed.

Put me in.

Not wanting to speak for anyone but I think sixty4half is going to want in on this, he's just not on much now.

I'll have to check my friends list eagle and make sure your still on. I did some culling a couple of months ago.
I only play DOTP on my devil account and if we haven't played in 3 or 4 months you might be off to make room for more.
Must be a limit somewhere. Just found out the other day that you are limited to 50 on the block list.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I think that people should use their phones and upload a video to YouTube that shows that they're using a fresh slot.  I'm pretty sure everyone who has a console and posts on here has a phone that can do that, considering the phone I had 9 years ago had that capability...

Must be a limit somewhere. Just found out the other day that you are limited to 50 on the block list.

You can only have 100 friends on PSN.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Video to youtube is easy. I'm cool with that.
Trust is better as everyone is going to have a fresh slot considering we're going to get the ball rolling at game beginning.
Not a lot of time to cheat out a deck.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Yeah I'm not saying it should be a requirement but I think people should if they can.  It just takes a second, really.  *shrug*
Not a big deal at all.
We'll all need a little time after the game hits in order to open everything up via campaign.
Get what you are after, save your first slot and the tournament is a go.

Show

I am the minority that doesn't actually have a cell phone...lol.  Don't know of any other way i could do it.

Edit: my wife has i touch, so guess i could do it that way if she shows me how.  i am so stupid when it comes to those things... 
eagle, what's your gamertag again.
You're off my friends list and I can't remember exactly.

Show

EagleNiteWillow1
Funny you're off and fel is still on.
Haven't played him in months....   Tongue Out

Show

EagleNiteWillow1

Ahhh, it changed

Show

Haven't played him in months....  

We haven't played because my PS3 is broken. You still have me there because I'm awesome Cool

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

no, still same as it was.  It may have even been me who deleted you by mistake. 

We haven't played because my PS3 is broken. You still have me there because I'm awesome

Show

We haven't played because my PS3 is broken. You still have me there because I'm awesome

Are you going to worship me like you did with Hakeem for like, 2 days?

You're not just trolling are you?

You really want to buy a used PS3 and get into this.
With no backward compatibility on the PS4, it's good to have one around, you know.

Show

You're not just trolling are you?

You really want to buy a used PS3 and get into this.
With no backward compatibility on the PS4, it's good to have one around, you know.

Although the PS4 will get backward compatibility at some point, will get a new PS3 anyways. Unfortunately, only in August. So, I'll only join you guys for the expansion tournament. In the meantime, I'm thinking about getting the game on Steam.

But we shouldn't derail Eagle's thread anymore. If you want to continue this conversation, our off-topic tavern is the best place

that doesnt bother meCool

Thats why i reserved the first 3 spots. 
Count me in   PS3  username:   Lilen  /  aka:  Richard_Garfield     lol  2 PS3's
   ben playing since DOTP  2009  so you might recognize the name. 
Whatever happend to the guy who claimed that "Richard_Garfield" on PSN was literally Richard Garfield and he had "sources" to prove it?  Haha.
Whatever happend to the guy who claimed that "Richard_Garfield" on PSN was literally Richard Garfield and he had "sources" to prove it?  Haha.

I thought the exact same thing.

Lol  that wasnt me   Was a homage name.   no claim to fame
I'm up for it of course.

I had to quit the last tourney I held as I got my save corrupted halfway through it, and I'm definitely feeling like finally participating in some more.
u can include me
I'm up for it of course.

I had to quit the last tourney I held as I got my save corrupted halfway through it, and I'm definitely feeling like finally participating in some more.

Considering I lurked on the forum for a year learning how to play the game before joining to join your tournament.....

You should participate.  Tongue Out

Show

I'm interested!
I'm game. Psn: "Buen"

Is this tourny with sideboard? Kinda means a lot when your sideboard is over a 100 cards.
I think thats a good question dragon because someone could say "i'm sideboarding' and come back with a totally different deck from a different set of boosters.

but, at the same time it was really cool to be able to make some changes after seeing other dudes gameplan.
I was thinking of getting the game on steam this time instead, but what the heck. Sign me up. Maybe I'll get it on both this time.
Been playing DotP since 2012 on PS3 and never signed up for a tournament on this forum but what the heck, you can count me in, sounds good fun! Smile (I'll wait with publishing my PSN ID over here for now until the tourney kicks off, if anyone wants to play you can PM me however)
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I think thats a good question dragon because someone could say "i'm sideboarding' and come back with a totally different deck from a different set of boosters.

but, at the same time it was really cool to be able to make some changes after seeing other dudes gameplan.

I'm definately "pro sideboard" myself, just makes the whole thing more fun imo (and means having a good and diverse pool, is almost as important as having a good deck). But yeah it does kinda open up people's ability to cheat, because checking 126 cards is a lot harder than checking 40 cards.
As for sideboard, lets see what everyone thinks before we say yes or no.  It does open up to cheating like you guys are saying.  Plus, does anyone have a preference for deck size?  It only has to have 40 if i remember correctly.

By saying this, I am not imposing a limit, just want to see what everyone thinks.  

Please make sure if your PSN ID is different, let me know.  I will use one of the reserved spots for names.   
As for sideboard, lets see what everyone thinks before we say yes or no.  It does open up to cheating like you guys are saying.  Plus, does anyone have a preference for deck size?  It only has to have 40 if i remember correctly.

By saying this, I am not imposing a limit, just want to see what everyone thinks.  

Please make sure if your PSN ID is different, let me know.  I will use one of the reserved spots for names.   

Playing more than 40 cards in sealed is a lot like playing more than 60 cards in regular magic. You are allowed to do it, but it's rarely a good idea. So I'm always gonna be running 40 cards. 
Hi Willow.  I know I haven't been on these threads in a while, but I'm definately interested in doing sealed with y'all.  I have a history of being reliable, and as I'm sure you remember, I've hosted a few tourneys as well.  Looking forward to throwing down, and having a good time! thanks..

I also have a new ps3 acct and my name is ACAardvark 
I am down for this. 

Here's the deal.  I'm going to be on vacation starting on the 28th until the 27th of July.  My kids have my old PS3 so I'll just have to schedule my games with my opponents while I'm out there.  As long as we have several days between rounds my schedule will be flexible enough to fit in a couple of rounds here and there. 

My .02 on the youtube video thing.  First off, we're starting off on a bad foot if we're going to require a brand new sealed slot be used for each of these tournaments.  What are we going to do after the second tournament?  Require people buy new slots?  I know it's cheap, and I won't mind doing that but I'm not sure that I would be comfortable asking people to spend money in September just so they can be part of the community tournament of that day.  Obviously everyone this tournament is going to be using a new slot so it really shouldn't even be an issue this go around.

BTW - Are we doing this true sealed in that we just open up our first 6 packs or are we allowing the completion of the campaign before hand to have access to 9 packs?  I'm not sure how you could police this so I say just to keep people from being or feeling cheated you just give everyone a day or two after release to complete the sealed campaign so that everyone is on the same level.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Sign In to post comments