Is there going to be room for PvP in DDN?

I have this theory that games that have too much complexity in character development lead to the players loving their characters, and so its tough to run a game where characters can die. If a char does die there is a lot of emotional feedback and the player gets PO'ed and leaves or tries to wreck the game with a new spoiler character.

DDN seems to be going the route of complex characters. So will there be room for character death via PvP or PvE? Or will the game focus soley on character development and make character death a player choice? 
Elves, Gates, Book-binding and Doom On the Rocks: Breaking rules and lichen maps Is character development killing exploration in our games?
I'm sure it'll be in at least as much as in past editions, though I wouldn't be surprised to see specific PvP rules in a module at some point.
I think PvP rules would go against what D&D is all about; which is a group of individuals playing together, as a team (the adventuring party).

I have no interest in having the designers waste time on such a module. There are on-line games to serve that niche. 
I'm sure it'll be in at least as much as in past editions, though I wouldn't be surprised to see specific PvP rules in a module at some point.

I don't see why you'd need any "modules" beyond just the PHB & DMG.

Why would there be any change in how AC, Saves, Damage, Inititive, etc work if it's Player vrs Player instead of PvNPC, PvMonster, or PvEnviroment?

I don't see why you'd need any "modules" beyond just the PHB & DMG.

Why would there be any change in how AC, Saves, Damage, Inititive, etc work if it's Player vrs Player instead of PvNPC, PvMonster, or PvEnviroment?

Typically because PCs do enough damage where putting them against each other would generally give the match to whoever won intiative.
In both 3.5 and 4e, PCs are more offensively-bent than most monsters are, which tends to make combats between groups of creatures built using PC rules more swift 'n' deadly. (This is also what causes the phenomenon in 3.5 of most creatures built using a bunch of PC levels ending up as fairly glass-cannony, unless they're specifically built to be tough.) In 3.5, this is the result of differences in how PC and monster abilities tend to be designed; in 4e, the math is simply different. (Although it pulls closer together for MM3 and beyond.) PvP functions in both of those games, but generally regular combat feels like it has better flow. (This is especially true of 1v1 PvP scenarios, where action economy issues are most flagrant.)

While the game doesn't need PvP rules, if it's not designed with care to make PvP fun, a module that expands PvP combat a little to make it more interesting (and not just a single contested Dex check) might be useful. (Although probably not something I personally would ever bother with.)
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
Is there going to be room for PvP in DDN? 

Oh, I hope not.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Have a look at " Conflict PvP : Pathfinder Edition " . . .

( I'm guessing it would also work with D & D 3 E. )

A rule book set up for DM / GM to run a PvP game.

I have not played it or read the rules, just found it on-line while looking for other role-playing books.

Looks like it could be fun for a change of pace.

Could help some table top war games bridge the gap to role-playing games.

If anyone has tried it out let me know how it was . . .

Thanks.