XP calculation

Im making an auto-fill excel spreadsheet for D&D next, but Im having one hang up. I can not figure out the equasion for the XP table. Anyone know this?

PP 
A spreadsheet for what? Monsters?
A spreadsheet for what? Monsters?

No, Im making an excel spreadsheet for players. Including what level you are, and it auto populates the "XP for next level" section. I just cant figure out the XP equasion for D&DN.

I did work as an Excel expert for a while, so it'll hopefully be very fleshed out.

PP 
I have tried to derive a formula from that table, but it seems completely arbitrary. The gap between some levels is much bigger or smaller than others, as a linear or quadratic function it makes no sense.
I think your going to have to store the xp chart into an array. I don't think there is a formula.

Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of Random Stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke

Back to Product and General D&D Discussions -- because the mobile site is bad. (Fixed!)

I think you're both right. I do think its arbitrary....It was just the way the numbers "looked" I thought there would be a table. Oh well, no biggie. Array time. Thanks for the look-see.

PP 
Were you ever successful at creating your spreadsheet?  Would you be willing to share?
Sign In to post comments