Natural Bond + Beastmaster Ruling.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
So a Ranger 5 / Beastmaster 1 with Natural Bond...

Animal Companion would be as a 9th lvl Druid?!  

Ranger lvls: 2
Natural Bond: 3
Beastmaster lvl: 1
Beastmaster bonus: 3 (can exceed character lvl) 

Is this correct or would my Animal Companion level not be allowed to be higher then my character lvl? 
With beastmaster it is counted as 3 levels higher so yes it could very well be. Ranger is half like you said so natural bond would bring it up from 2 (rounding your 5 levels down) to a 5th level druids animal companion. Beastmaster add +3 aswell if I recall. So you have the "worg" if I recall correctly in your previous posts to be equivilent to an 8th level druids companion, not including any negatives the worg or anyother creature would impose (such as how a croc is -4 druid levels on the table)
What about the last line in this description?

dndtools.eu/feats/complete-adventurer--5...
Apply it before Natural Bond.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Can you clarify please?
Ranger 5/Beastmaster 1 has the animal companion of a 6th level Druid, to which you then add the effect of Natural Bond.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Yes appliued after beastmaster it works since beastmaster raises your total hd for the primary companion. So when applied post that level it can work, I think that's what draco is saying anyway
ok one more question.

Would a Ranger 5, Beastmaster 1 get two companions or just one? Right now I am thinking he would just get the one and thats the one I would apply Natural Bond too, however if I do get a 2nd one when taking BM things get a little more confusing.

You guys have been a great help so far, thank you very much.
Beastmaster will stack with ranger for your first animal companion.  Beastmaster later grants further animal companions, based solely off your Beastmaster level, which Natural Bond will also increase your effective Druid level, in each instance (by my reading)

VB