where can i get the 4e pdf

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
So my DM doesn't like using the site to create character sheets. He says we can use anything from 4e as long as we can provide documentation or proof thats in a 4e manual or compendium but he doesn't have all the 4e books or PDFs.It's a hassel to have him come to my house so i can show him online(his intenet is down at the moment) so os there somewhere i can get the download the PDFs free or cheap somehere
In short, no.  WotC does not sell or distribute their 4e books in pdf format.  You can, however, get the magazines in pdf format if you have an account.
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.
There is some 4E PDFs on sales at dndclassics.com

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Whoops.  Apparently I missed the memo.  When did 4e pdf sales become a thing?
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.
WoTC started to sell PDFs earlier in the year. It was first announced at the 2012 Gen Con Keynote Address (30:09)

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

WoTC started to sell PDFs earlier in the year. It was first announced at the 2012 Gen Con Keynote Address (30:09)

To date, the list of 4E releases as PDF is very small, maybe ten books, none of them books of player options (Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, maybe). Most of the available 4E books are either fluff or adventures.

So my DM doesn't like using the site to create character sheets. He says we can use anything from 4e as long as we can provide documentation or proof thats in a 4e manual or compendium but he doesn't have all the 4e books or PDFs.It's a hassel to have him come to my house so i can show him online(his intenet is down at the moment) so os there somewhere i can get the download the PDFs free or cheap somehere

Character sheets (hardcopy or PDF) created by the online character generator can often serve as such documentation. That's one of it's main advantages.

Is there a reason your DM doesn't want you to use the online character generator?

not that he's told me but he's forcing us to play half dagons in this campaign so i'm not sure if that might be it(it kinda sucks because it gimps any class thats not str based and just to spite him i made an archer ranger) he hasn't given a real reason why he doesn't want us too
You could always just Print-to-PDF if you use a PDF printer driver. I personally use Bullzip PDF Printer - print out my character sheet and email it to the GM. Done and done.
not that he's told me but he's forcing us to play half dagons in this campaign so i'm not sure if that might be it(it kinda sucks because it gimps any class thats not str based and just to spite him i made an archer ranger) he hasn't given a real reason why he doesn't want us too

As far as I know there are no 1/2 dragons in 4E so the online builder would not have the stats for the homebrew race your DM created and therfore be useless to you.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Even if the DM doesn't like using the site to create character sheets, that shouldn't prevent you from using it to make your own. Failing that, copy any relevant entries from the compendium into a text file and print that out - since they all have a source reference, it should suffice even without the books themselves present.

The bolded sentence does not make any sense.

It is absolutley impossible to create custom elements the online character builder. If you can take it in the builder, its been published officially. In addition, if you undertake shenanigans that would put your character outised the norm, the character builder will clearly label your character as "houseruled."

Make your character in the builder. It will be official.