Crits and Weapon Mastery

So with a crit now, you roll an extra die. How do you think that interacts with the Weapon Mastery feat? If you have Deadly Strike x3 and Weapon Mastery, when you crit would you roll 5 dice and drop the lowest?

Or do you think you would roll 4 dice, drop the lowest, and then roll one more for the crit?
I'd say you'll roll 5[W] + modifier and drop the lowest [W].

That was my feeling too.
Weapon mastery lets you roll an extra die and drop the lowest. 
"When Friday comes, we'll all call rats fish." D&D Outsider

I agree.

I'm sure the super technical and rules-laden proper procedure is "roll 4 dice, drop the lowest, and then roll one more for the crit," but that's too much lawyering for me.

I vote simple.

Danny

I agree.

I'm sure the super technical and rules-laden proper procedure is "roll 4 dice, drop the lowest, and then roll one more for the crit," but that's too much lawyering for me.

I vote simple.

+1 for simplicity.  If you need to roll more than once for damage (outside of "reroll X"), I get frustrated at the time you take.
Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.
Sign In to post comments