Magic 2014 Gameplay Bug Reports & List

1344 posts / 0 new
Last post

The Thoughtbind bug that allows it to counter X spells (like Banefire) for CMC greater than 4 is also true for Spellstutter Sprite - a sprite countered my Volcanic Geyser with X=5 when there were exactly 2 fairies on the battlefield (including the Sprite doing the countering).  

Playing Fire Wave against Lords of Darkness, I was surprised to find that Furnace of Rath did not double the damage dealt to my opponent by Lord of the Pit's triggered ability.

Daybreak Coronet has a strange interaction with Retether. If it's the first Aura card Retether detects in your graveyard, and there are no enchanted creatures you control on the board, it will regard it as having no valid targets (which it doesn't) even if there are other Aura cards in your graveyard, and you will lose the opportunity to use it.

Let's say you have a Daybreak Coronet and Armored Ascension in your graveyard. You should be able to use Retether to put both those Auras onto one of your un-enchanted creatures, however, if Daybreak Coronet is the first card Retether detects, you won't be able to cast it on that creature because you need to put Armored Ascension on it first. There does not appear to be a way to set the order in which you can assign Aura cards with Retether, so the Daybreak Coronet is wasted.

01/02/2007 All the Auras return to the battlefield simultaneously. Whether an Aura can be attached to a creature is checked before any of them are returned and doesn't take into account any simultaneously returning Auras. For example, if Tattoo Ward (which gives enchanted creature protection from enchantments) and Holy Strength are in your graveyard and there's only one creature on the battlefield, both Auras are returned to the battlefield attached to that creature, then Holy Strength is put into your graveyard the next time state-based actions are checked.

From the gatherer page for retether.

The bug would be if you could actually retether that daybreak coronet onto an unenchanted creature with another enchantment in your graveyard.

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.

Psychic possession in 2HG prevented my partner from drawing cards, but did not allow them to draw a card when the enchanted opponent did. It shouldn't have kept them from drawing at all. Xbox 360 Version.

dbri wrote:

Daybreak Coronet has a strange interaction with Retether. If it's the first Aura card Retether detects in your graveyard, and there are no enchanted creatures you control on the board, it will regard it as having no valid targets (which it doesn't) even if there are other Aura cards in your graveyard, and you will lose the opportunity to use it.

Let's say you have a Daybreak Coronet and Armored Ascension in your graveyard. You should be able to use Retether to put both those Auras onto one of your un-enchanted creatures, however, if Daybreak Coronet is the first card Retether detects, you won't be able to cast it on that creature because you need to put Armored Ascension on it first. There does not appear to be a way to set the order in which you can assign Aura cards with Retether, so the Daybreak Coronet is wasted.

There has to be a creature with an aura already attached to it on the battlefield as Daybreak Coronet is entering the battlefield. Retether brings all of the enchantments back at the same time, so something has to already be enchanted to work.

BoWLKuTT wrote:

Psychic possession in 2HG prevented my partner from drawing cards, but did not allow them to draw a card when the enchanted opponent did. It shouldn't have kept them from drawing at all. Xbox 360 Version.

Not a bug.

805.8. If an effect gives a player an extra turn or adds a phase or step to that player's turn, that player's team takes the extra turn, phase, or step. If an effect causes a player to skip a step, phase, or turn, that player's team does so. If a single effect causes more than one player on the same team to add or skip the same step, phase, or turn, that team adds or skips only that step, phase, or turn. If an effect causes a player to control another player, the controller of that effect controls the affected player's team.

504. Draw Step

504.1. First, the active player draws a card. This turn-based action doesn't use the stack.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

Martyr's Bond in play. I have a Hidden Spider which has converted from an enchantment to a creature. When Giant Spider dies, the opponent (who controls no enchantments) does not appear to have to sacrifice a creature. Martyr's Bond says "Whenever Martyr's Bond or another nonland permanent you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a permanent that shares a card type with it."

It has been brought to my attention in the Card Interactions thread that since Hidden Spider's card type is creature and not enchantment when it dies, Martyr's Bond should be forcing the opponent to sack a creature, not an enchantment. I see Martyr's Bond sparkle as if it is triggered, but no opposing creature actually dies. So I am reporting this as a bug.

casting Earthbrawn and then retracting it makes it so you cant play it ( or any other Earthbrawn )again that or use the reinforce ability on it. until the next phase of the game.

the main issue is tryign to cast this right before the combat damage is dealt. becuase if you retract it you cant use it again until after combat damage goes through (in which case the creature you wanted to buff is most likely dead).

SwiftKitten wrote:

casting Earthbrawn and then retracting it makes it so you cant play it ( or any other Earthbrawn )again that or use the reinforce ability on it. until the next phase of the game.

the main issue is tryign to cast this right before the combat damage is dealt. becuase if you retract it you cant use it again until after combat damage goes through (in which case the creature you wanted to buff is most likely dead).

Check and see if you have hold priority on?

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

I was playing Magic 2014 on Android, and I cast Browbeat against Garruk, and the game made *me* choose whether I drew 3 cards or not. So for 2R I got to draw 3 cards. I thought that was hilarious.

Has this been reported here?
For the record I had not purchased the full game yet. (in case it makes a difference)

All players get the chance to deny the target player to draw cards, even the target player (you in most cases)

^ wasn't thinking of that... I stand corrected.

Heya, here to report an AI bug with the card Pariah. When I enchant a really big or important creature of my opponent's with Pariah, she gets confused and usually ends up doing nothing. Destroying the creature (by attacking me, or other means) would mean a temporary setback, but not destroying the creature means never being able to win. The AI doesn't seem to realize this, so we get into a stalemate which I always win.

For example, let's say the opponent has 30 creatures in play, while I have none. One of those 30 creatures is a 10/10, the other 29 are 1/1s. I play Pariah on the 10/10 creature. The AI refuses to destroy his 10/10, so he never attacks me.

I read an article by the person who designed the AI; apparently it looks at a decision tree and figures out which route would result in the most favorable outcome. The article also said that the AI could look several turns ahead, but not too many. Destroying the creature would mean a negative influence to the outcome for a turn or two, but the AI should be able see that afterwards, if nothing changes, it will win.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to edit the game's coding to make the AI behave differently?

Does this also happen on planeswalker difficulty? Lower difficulties tend to make dumb plays or don't make plays at all

Yeah, my difficulty is set to planeswalker. Have never tried the other ones.

Bug I'm experiencing:
All cards with summoning sickness unable to block. This is *regardless* (yes, completely) of opponent card abilities EVERY card played, no matter the circumstances, is treated as unable to block while in summoning sickness. Any fix?

myfnyvlntne wrote:

Bug I'm experiencing:
All cards with summoning sickness unable to block. This is *regardless* (yes, completely) of opponent card abilities EVERY card played, no matter the circumstances, is treated as unable to block while in summoning sickness. Any fix?

I know a lot of players tend to disregard card abilities that would counter a given card's blocking abilities. This is ABSOLUTELY NOT the case here. A summoned card that should, by all rights, be able to block a given card is *IGNORED* during the block phase. This happens with *every single card* in summoning sickness. Help!

What cards were on the battlefield, what cards had you played, what cards were you attempting to block?

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

Playing on PC, Steam version.

Umezawa's Jitte Doesn't proc on first strike damage.  Only noticed this playing Campeign vs Moorland zombies but haven't played any other games to confirm that it only happens against this deck.  Trying to unlock the Samuri R/W deck.

Edit: Was still in the same game, moved the Jitte to another creature that didn't have first strike and it still didn't proc.

Edit Update 2014-02-15: Looks like it's if there's any other equipment attached to the creature.

SomeIdiot wrote:

Umezawa's Jitte Doesn't proc on first strike damage.  Only noticed this playing Campeign vs Moorland zombies but haven't played any other games to confirm that it only happens against this deck.  Trying to unlock the Samuri R/W deck.

Edit: Was still in the same game, moved the Jitte to another creature that didn't have first strike and it still didn't proc.

Have not experienced any problems with the jitte. What are you expecting to happen, what happened, and most importantly, how were attackers/blockers declared, and were any 'tricks' played during combat (such as removing the blocker from combat causing the attacker to deal no damage if it didn't have trample)?

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

LadenSwallow wrote:

SomeIdiot wrote:

Have not experienced any problems with the jitte. What are you expecting to happen, what happened, and most importantly, how were attackers/blockers declared, and were any 'tricks' played during combat (such as removing the blocker from combat causing the attacker to deal no damage if it didn't have trample)?

I would expect that when the first strike damage resolves that 2 counters would be placed on the Jitte.  This is not happening. No combat tricks like removing the blocker from combat using the Jitte, it didn't have any counters on it and I din't have any removal in hand.  I had it attached to Devoted Retainer with a No-Dachi and was blocked by a zombie (Don't recall the exact zombie blocking it).  I've had it happen a few more times and it appears that if there's another equipment attached to the creature it doesn't put the 2 counters on the Jitte.  I'll see if I can duplicate again and get screen shots properly.

Edit:  I have screen shots but am having difficulty getting them on the forum. ;'-(

SomeIdiot wrote:

LadenSwallow wrote:

SomeIdiot wrote:

I would expect that when the first strike damage resolves that 2 counters would be placed on the Jitte.  This is not happening. No combat tricks like removing the blocker from combat using the Jitte, it didn't have any counters on it and I din't have any removal in hand.  I had it attached to Devoted Retainer with a No-Dachi and was blocked by a zombie (Don't recall the exact zombie blocking it).  I've had it happen a few more times and it appears that if there's another equipment attached to the creature it doesn't put the 2 counters on the Jitte.  I'll see if I can duplicate again and get screen shots properly.

Edit:  I have screen shots but am having difficulty getting them on the forum. ;'-(

Use a website such as tinypic or google for free image hosting. Choose the picture to upload, then it will give you a web link to that picture. Cut and paste that link into a forum post. Rinse and repeat for all pictures.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

Hello, I am playing Magic 2014 on my Ipad mini. When i play challenges i am at the challenge of "near death" when i am supposed to block and use Basandra, battle seraph i am supposed to be able to activate her ability to give her +1/+0 to give her more damage and give me back a certain amount of health to have 1 life left(she has lifelink) why can i not activate her abilities? i believe this is a bug

SirPolko wrote:

Hello, I am playing Magic 2014 on my Ipad mini. When i play challenges i am at the challenge of "near death" when i am supposed to block and use Basandra, battle seraph i am supposed to be able to activate her ability to give her +1/+0 to give her more damage and give me back a certain amount of health to have 1 life left(she has lifelink) why can i not activate her abilities? i believe this is a bug

There is probably a 'scroll bar' to the left of the rules text, that when scrolled down will allow you to activate the +1/+0 ability.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

There is a problem with the triggerd discard effects in unfinished business I am pretty sure its distress or the ghastlord of fugue. Also there is a problem with the trigger of bringing body double back from the grave yard where it does not give you the opportunity to have it enter the battlefield as a copy of a creature it just immediately goes back to the graveyard.  Id really like feedback on this.

SammyWatkins wrote:

There is a problem with the triggerd discard effects in unfinished business I am pretty sure its distress or the ghastlord of fugue. Also there is a problem with the trigger of bringing body double back from the grave yard where it does not give you the opportunity to have it enter the battlefield as a copy of a creature it just immediately goes back to the graveyard.  Id really like feedback on this.

Are you clicking 'confirm' or 'finish'? Clicking finish is the equivalent of 'failing to find' in paper magic the gathering. If you have something selected, then finish turns into confirm. This applies to both problems you are experiencing.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

Errr... I just gave you feedback, did you read what I wrote?

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

SammyWatkins wrote:
Also there is a problem with the trigger of bringing body double back from the grave yard where it does not give you the opportunity to have it enter the battlefield as a copy of a creature it just immediately goes back to the graveyard.

Are you certain there's a creature in a graveyard for the Body Double to copy? Because, usually, the only situation in which you wouldn't be given the chance to choose a target is when there are no targets.

SomeIdiot wrote:

LadenSwallow wrote:

SomeIdiot wrote:

When you're unlocking against Moorland Zombies, please make a note of the text on Unbreathing Horde - it prevents all damage to it, and then removes a counter. If you try to damage that with Jitte, then no damage is dealth (prevented) and thus no counters placed on Jitte. I'm making an assumption here, but it does explain it perfectly.

Android version. A weird thing happened to me in sealed campaign. Ajani cast a board clearing spell wiping out a ton of our creatures, but immediately after the effect, one of my Deadly Recluse randomly reappeared on the battlefield.

Has anything like this been mentioned yet?

fiend hunter having exiled your deadly recluse, now removed from the battlefield, triggering the return to battlefield ability.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

LadenSwallow wrote:

fiend hunter having exiled your deadly recluse, now removed from the battlefield, triggering the return to battlefield ability.

that was probably what happened

I just ran across an incredibly odd bug - I was playing Lords of Darkness vs. Chant of the Mul Daya.  I had a Lord of the Void on the field; Chant had 8 cards left in their deck, no board, but 50+ life.  I attacked with the Lord of the Void, and it only showed me the top 4 cards on the library, not the top 7.  I attacked again on the subsequent turn and it showed me the top 2 cards, not all 4 remaining cards (on Chant's turn, they played Green Sun's Zenith, found zero creatures, and it shuffled back into the library - so there were 4 cards left instead of 3).  

Lord of the Void has always worked normally every other time I've used it.  The only thing I can think of is maybe when it hit Green Sun's Zenith in the library it was somehow shuffled back in and it stopped exiling cards after that.

What setting do you have for 'browse entire library'? I guess if you don't have it set to browse the entire library, then it won't 'browse' the entire subset of the library in cases such as this.

Did you check the exiled pile to see what was actually exiled?

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:

It's not set to browse the entire library - it's on whatever the default setting is.  It only exiled the cards it showed me - 4 cards instead of 7 the first time, 2 cards instead of 4 the second time (I checked the exiled cards because I was so surprised this happened).  This is the only game I've ever played where Lord of the Void exiled fewer than 7 cards.

Yeah the AI cheating is a bug in my eyes.

Why do they have the perfect hand no matter what?

The difficulty doesn't change a thing either.

The older Plainswalker games never presented these problems.

Why not make their cards just as random as mine???

I ALWAYS get flooded with mana, or get none at all....literally every match.

We all paid money for this game and the AI F**** us everytime, it is VERY frustrating.

Wa!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Hi i play magic on my I-pad mini resina.

I have a problem whit the objctives of the game... 

During the game you unlock the objctives (visible on the status of the player), when I close and restart the game unlocked objctives always come back to 2. Even though I have unlocked more than 12. Can you help me?