Magic 2014 Gameplay Bug Reports & List

1343 posts / 0 new
Last post

Wasn't it already confirmed like a few weeks after the game launched?

It's true of any combination of different 'slow tap' cards; not just Sleep and Hands of Binding specifically.

Didn't have it in either. Moved from reported to confirmed.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Well, the Sneak Attack promo card in the dracomancer is really bugged,

First put down a creature with it, and devoured it,

The next turn I used in to the Amplify 3 dragon, he got a Mark "Sacrifice it at next end step",

But it never got sacrificed. It was there the whole fight.

Thanks. Added to Reported.

Can someone duplicate and confirm that Sneak Attack does not make you sacrifice Kilnmouth Dragon?

I don't have that card yet but plan on running it.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

To be more specific, it was against an other dracomancer, in custom 1v1.

I had a Dragon +3/+3 enhancement on the battlefield, and other creature I think the 2/2 devour 1 dragon with 1 devoured(the other creature summoned with sneak attack) counter.

And I revealed 1 card for the amplify so it was 11/11 and hit in. At end of combat the sneak attack had an animation, but didn't do nothing.

Charmbreaker Devils is broken. The text says that at your upkeep, an instant or sorcery card, chosen randomly, is returned to your hand. Instead, you draw a card from the library.

If nothing else is happening during your upkeep, then as soon as Charmbreaker Devils' ability resolves the game will proceed directly to your Draw Step, where you draw a card from your library.

Tip on getting the 10th promo to work on steam:

I ended up going to "http://media.wizards.com/gamedata/d14/server/Content/Promos/1/PCWAD/0.SHA" as suggested by Sean. Then I actually copy-pasted the 0.SHA file into the correct place as described in his sticky regarding problems unlocking on Steam.

Played Charmbreaker Devils which is a 5colorless/1red mana for a 4/4 devil with "At the beginning of your upkeep, return an INSTANT or SORCERY card at random from your graveyard to your hand." "whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Charmbreaker Devils gets 4/ 0 until end of turn."

so I played the card, Upkeep came along... and I dont get back a Sorcery or Instant, I get back a Land... Terramorphic Expanse to be specific. I should have gotten my Searing Spear, Char, or Compulsive Research back, but instead I got a Land card. so... bug? *edit* just got a creature back with it too.

PC version on Steam with Expansion.

Like i posted earlier, Charmbreaker Devils cause you to draw a card during you're upkeep. When i had it in play, i'd draw 2 cards, one during my upkeep, one during my draw phase. So yes, it's bugged.

This is in response to the problem with Triumph of Cruelty reported in a now locked thread. It "does" do the ability even if you haven't a creature on the field, but it doesn't cause a discard unless you DO have the strongest/equal to strongest creature on the field. So it's a bug, but not an abusable one unless one deludes oneself into believing it's causing discards.

It's not a bug it works that way. It triggers your every upkeep, but only does the discard if you actually have a creature with the biggest power. You will see the sparkly ring every turn

I have removed content from this thread because trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: http://www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_company_about_codeofconduct

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Comment button below the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty. 

To quote the thread in question:

To reiterate and clarify:

Triumph of Cruelty doesn't have an intervening If clause. The "If" condition is part of the effect, not part of the trigger condition. It is not supposed to be checked at all until the ability resolves.

Triumph of Cruelty is supposed to trigger at the beginning of each of your upkeeps, regardless of what creatures you do or don't control. This is the correct behavior.

You are supposed to have to choose a target for the ability, regardless of what creatures you do or don't control. This is the correct behavior.

There is only a problem with the card if the opponent actually discards while you don't control the strongest creature.

As for why they chose to make the "If" condition part of the effect instead of part of the trigger condition, that's a question for the Design & Development Theory forum.

Ragnar, you cannot be serious deleting my posts trying to keep this thing on topic.

Fine. You moderate it from now on as I will now no longer do so.

Thanks for you wise decision

Show

Reposted to the proper thread:

Playing on steam platform.

While casting stolen goods earlier today, managed to pull an enemy's reiver demon (!!!)

While it was in the exile pile, it was highlighted as a proper target and when I zoomed in on it, the card was castable.

Unfortunately, activating the card ability did nothing. I must have spent a good 3 minutes doing nothing but trying to activate the ability. Every single time, I activated it, the card zoomed out, nothing happened. It was remarkably frustrating.

Having previously used stolen goods to cast another deck's creature cards, I was very saddened. I believe this is a technical issue. Stolen goods appears to be very buggy atm. Being unable to cast this card from exile probably cost us the game.

Just used it in another game, the gather specimens instant did not work either, when attempting to cast it from exile via stolen goods.

I think on steam Diabolic Servitude is bugged. When it came into play I had only a Bloodgift Demon in my gy but the card was forcing me to select a permanent in play rather than bringing up my gy. After that the timer ran out it did reanimate the demon but I had no control over it and I'm not sure if it would have just selected a creature at random if I had more than 1 creature.

Steam Name: Yertle{U}The{B}Turtle

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YertleTheMFnTurtle

New Forum: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Finest hour is bugged.

The exalted creatures summoned after finest hour won't able to trigger exalted effects on the 1st attack phase unless one of them is the attacking one.

This is because when Finest Hour trigger it's exalted effect on 1st combat phase, it also trigger its 2nd ability as well, so that attacking creature deal damage and go to 2nd combat phase immediately.

2nd combat phase works fine triggering all the exalted effects. 

Haven't tried with multiple copies yet.

Using Ghastlord of Fugue and when it deals combat damage it automatically skips my second main phase after choosing a card to exile.

Vortex_Magus wrote:

Reported

Hunkfish wrote:

Reported

Orthor wrote:

Reported

WarShrike666 wrote:

Added to Confirmed.

thedevilwuster wrote:
Ragnar, you cannot be serious deleting my posts trying to keep this thing on topic.

Fine. You moderate it from now on as I will now no longer do so.

Thanks for you wise decision

For the good of the community I think it's important to keep and maintain this list so I've had a change of mind. But, the next time I have a post removed because I was "trolling or baiting" trying to moderate a thread I've put a lot of hours into... I'm outta here. Someone will have to take up the slack.

Show

Finest hour works fine, but the exalted effect is delayed from the ones given by creatures. the way it works is, you declare your attacker, the creature exalted's trigger, then Finest Hour untaps your attacker and grants an additionnal attack after the first, THEN Finest Hour's exalted effect triggers. then, on the second attack, since there is no untap/bonus attack effect, Finest Hour's exalted effect triggers at the same time as the creatures' effects.

I was able to replicate the Ghastlord of Fugue situation with the help of Infamous and everything worked as it should.

I'm confused whether this was some sort of one time bug, although it happened twice in the same game on consecutive turns.  The first time it happened I thought I may have quickly pressed triangle twice by mistake to induce the end step so I was very careful and deliberate on the next turn when pressing triangle to confirm the revealed exiled card yet the game automatically skipped my second main phase, which is why I posted it as a bug but now I have contravening evidence.

Since there is only one copy of Ghastlord and Dimir isn't the most popular deck I don't think this will happen with such regularity to be confirmed as bug, especially if it doesn't have a 100% bug hit rate.  It's up to you though Devil whether you wish it to remain on the reported list on the off chance it might happen again but these are my findings.

Thanks for the update guys. I'll update the op when I'm off mobile.

Show

This may only apply when playing against the AI; haven't tested it in multiplayer yet.

When my opponent plays Sylvan Messenger, I get to see all four revealed cards. When I play Sylvan Messenger, the creature cards go straight to my hand, but I never get to see the revealed non-creature cards.

Stolen Goods is broken.

Cast it and hit an opponents Ghastlord of the Fugue.

I had to scroll down to get to the cast text, and each time it would click, but not get played.

I think its only broke on cards with so much text that you have to scroll?

I have it recorded with me screaming / crying.

I've seen it not work with Jitte as well.

Steam Name: Yertle{U}The{B}Turtle

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YertleTheMFnTurtle

New Forum: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

phonecats wrote:

Stolen Goods is broken.

Cast it and hit an opponents Ghastlord of the Fugue.

I had to scroll down to get to the cast text, and each time it would click, but not get played.

I think its only broke on cards with so much text that you have to scroll?

I have it recorded with me screaming / crying.

YertleTheTurtle wrote:

I've seen it not work with Jitte as well.

Did anyone bother to check the reported and confirmed lists in the first posts?

No? 

Please do that before posting duplicates.

Thank you.

Show

I noticed that since the patch with the flashback challenge, clicking the added abilities on verbose cards in the graveyard (and presumably exile) browsers can cause the ability to fail because the game thinks you want to actually scan the graveyard. The solution is to click the button on the right hand side of the card, as this doesn't overlap with the browser button hidden under the card.

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.

I noticed that before the patch, but it's more of a technical issue.

Yes but it was really just a response to the previous posts.

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.

From the Steam forums:

Player casts Mikaeus, the Lunarch with = (CMC=5), AI counters it with Thoughtbind.

I'll add that when I get off work.

Show

There are conflicting reports about whether or not multiple copies of Finest Hour are creating multiple additional combat phases in the Hall of Champions thread.

(Level 2 Judge confirming that multiple additional combat phases is the correct behavior)

I just posted this in the HoC Thread but I'll throw it here again for bugs notice sake. Proof of three attack phases (Steam Version). Link!

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Charmbreaker Devils working as intended for me on Xbox. Finest Hour working as intended as well (one copy), haven't had the opportunity to have two on the field at once.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

On the confirmed bug's list, numbers 3 and 7 (thalia and admonition angel) were fixed during a patch, or at least they were listed as having been fixed in the patch notes.

2 + 2 = fish

djAMPnz wrote:

Charmbreaker Devils working as intended for me on Xbox. Finest Hour working as intended as well (one copy), haven't had the opportunity to have two on the field at once.

Hate to ask but can you confirm that? We've had two people so far stating that it culled something other than an instant or sorcery.

mjack33 wrote:

On the confirmed bug's list, numbers 3 and 7 (thalia and admonition angel) were fixed during a patch, or at least they were listed as having been fixed in the patch notes.

The patch did not cover all platform bugs so they are still in the list.

Show

So....in Steam - can anyone confirm that the bug that allowed you to see other peoples deck choice is fixed?

Since the update, I have not been able to see anyone else's selection...but, it's a small sample...but, from my limited experience, it does appear to be fixed.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Here's two things I've noticed on Steam:

Wellwisher doesn't seem to gain you any life if it's put into the graveyard before its ability activates, even if there are still elves on the battlefield

If you have Future Sight and go to cast a card from the top of your library like Searing Spear, for example, you can see the card AFTER that, even if you change your mind and decide not to cast it

Argumentable wrote:

Here's two things I've noticed on Steam:

Wellwisher doesn't seem to gain you any life if it's put into the graveyard before its ability activates, even if there are still elves on the battlefield

If you have Future Sight and go to cast a card from the top of your library like Searing Spear, for example, you can see the card AFTER that, even if you change your mind and decide not to cast it

That is proper for Future Sight as the card that is not Searing Spear was the top card and therefor then revealed after you pulled the Spear off.

On Wellwisher, I'm sure it has something to do with it leaving a zone but I'll have to wait for one of our rules gurus to chime it.

Hate living up to the first quote in my sig.

Show