Magic 2014 Gameplay Bug Reports & List

1344 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thanks anyway.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Oppponent casts claustrophobia on my Admonition Angel. I play a land and exile the clausrophobia. Admonition Angel didn't untap until 2 of my untap steps later.

Edit: fixed ambiguity in post
You can only exile in your own turn, and after the untap step. The angel wouldn't untap immediately and wouldn't during your opponents untap step, so I assume you mean it untapped on your following turn, which is exactly when it should untap.

No bug.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
2 of my untap steps, sorry for the ambiguity.
Then are you sure the opponent didnt hit it with a frost breath at some point? Seems to be the only way to me, since that is a long time for it to remain tapped.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
It was hit with a frost breath along with ajani's chosen. When the Ajani's chosen untapped, the Angel didn't even though the claustrophobia was gone.
Probably the same issue that cropped up with Sleep and Hands of Binding.
Hakeem is able to beat me almost 50% of the time. Confirmed bug. 

Think we're gonna need more data.  Hakeem has never beaten me, seems to be working normally.
tapped stacking seems to happen because they are tracking it with counters and putting a coutner on and taking off for each card;  they could probably fix it by checking to see if a coutner is already on there, since they don't have anything other than claustrophobia htat makes that dif anyway

2 + 2 = fish

tapped stacking seems to happen because they are tracking it with counters and putting a coutner on and taking off for each card;  they could probably fix it by checking to see if a coutner is already on there, since they don't have anything other than claustrophobia htat makes that dif anyway

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I am playing Planeswalkers on an iPad mini. When I encounter the Quicksilver Sea plane, I cannot continue. When I must choose a card to put on the top of my library, it does not allow me to actually do it. I try dragging the card and it keeps just returning to my hand. I am stuck and have to forfit the game. Any advice?
Post two now lists fixed card bugs.

Show

I am playing Planeswalkers on an iPad mini. When I encounter the Quicksilver Sea plane, I cannot continue. When I must choose a card to put on the top of my library, it does not allow me to actually do it. I try dragging the card and it keeps just returning to my hand. I am stuck and have to forfit the game. Any advice?

That is from Planechase, a mode in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013. This is the bug report thread for Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers. The thread you want is here. Keep in mind though that that thread is no longer being archived and will the game is no longer being updated.

As for advice, I have no idea, but you may find something useful in the thread I linked for you.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

New bug after update: I play on Steam so this may be for it alone.

In a match, my partner left and so did my 2 opponents in 2HG. I lucked out and won but lost 7 ranking points. I don't want them back or anything, just to make someone aware of it.

For some odd reason, when this happened before the update, I would gain 14 hp, regardless of my rank.

If my partner stays, but opponent's leave, I get 6 points.

Edit: Just won a game where nobody quit. Lost 7 more points plus the 1 I would have gotten for 8 total, also lost 9 ranks. What is this? Did I tick someone off?
devil, I think you should remove the fixed bugs from the "confirmed bugs" section. Just a heads up.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Thanks fel. Meant to do that last night but got sidetracked.

Show

ok, just lost 8 rank points for another win. Partner and opponents left match before end. Can someone please look into this?

On the flip, I"ve just given up on moving up in ranks and will now have more fun.

ok, just lost 8 rank points for another win. Partner and opponents left match before end. Can someone please look into this?

On the flip, I"ve just given up on moving up in ranks and will now have more fun.

I think this thread is intended more for game bugs regarding card interactions, but to address your post:

The ranking and points system vary from system to system, and no one understands any of them.

Also, from posts in the back, the game is decided the moment one person quits, so if your partner quit out, then your opponents quit, you lost the game.

Hope that helps.
Potential bug:

My opponent attacks with multiple 4/4 sliver tokens and a Bonescythe Sliver enchanted with Pariah.  First strike damage is dealt and the Bonescythe Sliver dies due to damage redirection.  However, I take no damage with the second damage strike from the remaining tokens.
They no longer have double strike.
Potential bug:

My opponent attacks with multiple 4/4 sliver tokens and a Bonescythe Sliver enchanted with Pariah.  First strike damage is dealt and the Bonescythe Sliver dies due to damage redirection.  However, I take no damage with the second damage strike from the remaining tokens.

If a creature deals first strike combat damage, it doesn't deal normal combat damage unless it has double strike.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

They no longer have double strike.

So they have to retain double strike in order for them to deal combat damage twice?

I thought all first strike damage would be dealt first as part of the double strike and even though double strike was removed  they would deal combat damage again.
So they have to retain double strike in order for them to deal combat damage twice?

Yes.
Thank you.

But... they're still there...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

At 87 pages I am certain these bugs have been noted, however they are still an issue in my Xbox live version of the game.

I have had issues with two similar cards today, the first is Twin cast. while playing against  another mono blue deck in ranked 1v1 I cast the spell during my second main phase to copy a counterspell which was cast by my opponent to counter a phantom warrior. I targeted the counterspell but once slected the card image flickered repeatedly between the twincast and counterspell, but the spell resolved and my phantom warrior made the battlefield, or so I thought. I ended my main phase end phase passed then a resyncing message and my phantom warrior was gone. 

The second was with reverberate, while playing ranked 1v1 versus the mono black deck I cast reverberate in response to a consuming vapors, which I targeted the spell resolved and selections were made by both myself and my opponent creatures were sacrificed and life was gained. my opponent ended his turn and we then got a resyncing message my life total dropped and his creature was back on the battlefield before my turn actually started.  plus no rebound effect from the spell though I could be wrong in my interpretation of the effect since I didn't actually cast the spell.

Some people work and cannot edit on the phone. You know? I just got home after 13 hours.
I'll take care of it. Wink

Show

Some people work and cannot edit on the phone. You know? I just got home after 13 hours.
I'll take care of it.

Sorry, devil. The way you said that I thought you had already edited.

I'll take care of it.

Sorry, devil. The way you said that I thought you had already edited.

Not a thing man. We're cool and all.   Smile

What's not cool is 99% of OUR confirmed bugs are still there.

Show

At 87 pages I am certain these bugs have been noted, however they are still an issue in my Xbox live version of the game.

I have had issues with two similar cards today, the first is Twin cast. while playing against  another mono blue deck in ranked 1v1 I cast the spell during my second main phase to copy a counterspell which was cast by my opponent to counter a phantom warrior. I targeted the counterspell but once slected the card image flickered repeatedly between the twincast and counterspell, but the spell resolved and my phantom warrior made the battlefield, or so I thought. I ended my main phase end phase passed then a resyncing message and my phantom warrior was gone. 

The second was with reverberate, while playing ranked 1v1 versus the mono black deck I cast reverberate in response to a consuming vapors, which I targeted the spell resolved and selections were made by both myself and my opponent creatures were sacrificed and life was gained. my opponent ended his turn and we then got a resyncing message my life total dropped and his creature was back on the battlefield before my turn actually started.  plus no rebound effect from the spell though I could be wrong in my interpretation of the effect since I didn't actually cast the spell.

It seems like it's a bug (or more like a technical issue) exclusive to xbox.
Idk what happened. 4 wins in a row . 0 points added or lost. I can't speak for the others, but I feel they're in same boat as my rank hasn't moved either. Again, I'm on Steam

I wouldn't cry one bit if they got rid of this flawed system anyways. Just remove the leaderboards. Last year's was so screwed up nobody could even tell another how it worked. It would get rid of a lot of the hackers as rank is the only reason I can fathom them hacking at all.

Getting rid of leaderboards might be the one thing that turns this game into simply a fun game for the players.
Getting rid of leaderboards might be the one thing that turns this game into simply a fun game for the players.

That or, umm, ignoring the ranks in the first place...
My achievements keep resetting in the iPad version every couple of days.
I am not sure if it is a bug or something wrong in my settings. Does it happen to anybody else also?

BTW is there an explanation of the options/settings somewhere?
I cannot understand what "Metrics Opt Out" and "Server Driven Content" do.
My achievements keep resetting in the iPad version every couple of days.
I am not sure if it is a bug or something wrong in my settings. Does it happen to anybody else also?

BTW is there an explanation of the options/settings somewhere?
I cannot understand what "Metrics Opt Out" and "Server Driven Content" do.

I dont actually get resets...but, I do get pop ups saying that something I did a long time ago is now complete (again).
Also - my avatar and such gets randomly changed from time to time. 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Achievment resetting is a technical issue.
Let's please try to keep this thread dedicated to bugged card interactions.
Thanks.

Show

Situation, playing sealed game, againsted Blue/Red deck. I only have a ground based blocker and my opponent play phantasmal dragon. I have a Giant Growth in my hand. I think, hey I can kill that by targetting it for the bump. Alas, I cannot target the dragon.

Is that a bug?

Situation, playing sealed game, againsted Blue/Red deck. I only have a ground based blocker and my opponent play phantasmal dragon. I have a Giant Growth in my hand. I think, hey I can kill that by targetting it for the bump. Alas, I cannot target the dragon.

Is that a bug?

Check your settings - you might have "simplified targeting" on - which means you can't target your OP with things like GG

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Neoninja again!

Show

Neoninja again!

It's what I do...work is kind of boring today...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Thanks for your help. I'm observing a big concrete pour today, so I'm getting more sit in my truck time than usual....and you're still faster than me. Lol

Show

Sign In to post comments