Magic 2014 Gameplay Bug Reports & List

1344 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aegis Angel doesn't place counters on anything. If there was a counter on Hypnotic Specter, it came from some other source.
Puzzel, he must be refering to the symbol added for indestrucible as a counter.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Okay here goes I play on the Xbox.  I am expiernced player... on xbox and at a table... So I have 6 seaaled  decks I can play with deck 1,2,3,&5   4&6 will not let me play against a friend of my it keeps reverting to another deck I have tried hosting and being hosted and it screws up both ways. the deck is ranked awesom at 84% and the other is  strong with 50%completion,, both have more than 40 cards as well. somebody have an idea?

Okay here goes I play on the Xbox.  I am expiernced player... on xbox and at a table... So I have 6 seaaled  decks I can play with deck 1,2,3,&5   4&6 will not let me play against a friend of my it keeps reverting to another deck I have tried hosting and being hosted and it screws up both ways. the deck is ranked awesom at 84% and the other is  strong with 50%completion,, both have more than 40 cards as well. somebody have an idea?

I'm not sure if this will help, but someone came up with a prospective solution for people who are unable to use certain sealed slots and posted it in the technical issues thread (where this issue probably should have been posted). I don't know if it will pertain to your situation, but it is probably worth a shot. Instead of reiterate the entire thing I will just quote it here for you. Let us know if it helps.

!!!UPDATE: PROSPECTIVE SOLUTION FOUND!!!

For ease of access, I'll be referring to the two decks I used by their names. The deck which I had the issue with is labeled "ControlBuff". The alternate deck is titled "Grave Mistake".

I initially encountered this bug with my ControlBuff deck, while dueling the planeswalker to unlock my second booster pack. After trying all of the fixes suggested (rebooting my iPad, killing the app from the appswitcher menu e.t.c.) I gave up and decided to replay a planeswalker using my Grave Mistake deck. I had already completed the sealed capmaign using my Grave Mistake deck previously, and I randomly selected the opponent who unlocked the second booster for my Grave Mistake deck. It was fun, because the deck is built to be fun. After winning, I got the "You've unlocked a new booster pack!" screen.  This should not have happened, since I had already unlocked all of the boosters for my Grave Mistake deck. Confused, I followed the on screen prompt to enter my deck manager. Once there, I hit the image of the booster pack to unwrap the cards. The cards were revealed, and I proceeded to the deck manager screen. Once there, I was even more confused. I was not in the Grave Mistake deck as I had expected, but I was in the ControlBuff deck instead. I readjusted my deck as I would have liked, then I selected to continue with the sealed campaign. It took me to the screen to continue the campaign for my ControlBuff sealed campaign. I played another match, then exited out to the sealed campaign select screen. I tried going into different decks, editing them, playing with them. There were no more glitches, and the ControlBuff deck which had been inaccesible was now working perfectly.

I'm uncertain if it has to be the same booster winning planeswalker you must replay in another sealed slot, but I would venture a guess that if you exit out of the glitched slot, then go and defeat another planeswalker in another slot that you've already won the booster from, it should repair your glitched slot. Please try this, and let me know if this works for you as well.

tl;dr:

1. Exit out of the glitched sealed slot. 

2. Select a different sealed slot, where you've managed to defeat at least one opponent who gave you a booster pack.

3. Defeat that opponent once more, and your troubles should be solved.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Just to reconfirm the confirmed.

I attempted to Turn to Frog a White Knight enchanted with Spirit Mantle directly after attackers were declared.  The White Knight become a 2/2 as it should but the abilities were not lost because it still had protection from creatures and protection from black and it cost me the game as I was forced into using an Unsummon.

I attempted to Turn to Frog a White Knight enchanted with Spirit Mantle directly after attackers were declared.  The White Knight become a 2/2 as it should but the abilities were not lost because it still had protection from creatures and protection from black and it cost me the game as I was forced into using an Unsummon.

Then I would suggest you don't do that anymore.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Then I would suggest you don't do that anymore.

Noted, although I would like to be able to play spells in the way they were intended so let's hope a patch is coming.

It's like Pizza Hut last night.  I place my order online and they phone me back saying they have ran out of Pan base.  WTF!  Sometimes they really do my crust in.
Hopefully these bugs will be fixed. In the meantime I suggest everyone read what has been confirmed and be cautious using the card, knowing what will happen in certain circumstances, or just not use them at all until they are fixed.

Show

Not sure if this is really a bug but:
In sealed I enchanted a creature of my opponent with Pacifism, then he used Switcheroo to give me the pacified creature. Then I played War Priest of Thune to destroy the Pacifism, but simplified targetting kicked in and prevented me from doing so. Of course turning off simplified targetting can help, but I'm pretty sure you can Doom Blade a mind controlled creature of you, so there seems to be a bit of inconsistency.
Not sure if this is really a bug but:
In sealed I enchanted a creature of my opponent with Pacifism, then he used Switcheroo to give me the pacified creature. Then I played War Priest of Thune to destroy the Pacifism, but simplified targetting kicked in and prevented me from doing so. Of course turning off simplified targetting can help, but I'm pretty sure you can Doom Blade a mind controlled creature of you, so there seems to be a bit of inconsistency.

You still control the Pacifism, so simplified targeting is just doing its normal thing by not allowing you to target your own permanents with removal.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Playing on ipad, sealed dedeck-  opponent cast fiend hunter targeting my wall of fog. Fiend hunter attacks next turn and I cast turn to frog on fiend hunter and block and kill fiend hunter.  My exiled wall of fog stays exiled. since fiend hunters ability to return card to play field goes off when removed from play the turn to frog should no lounger be effecting it - I believe.   
Playing on ipad, sealed dedeck-  opponent cast fiend hunter targeting my wall of fog. Fiend hunter attacks next turn and I cast turn to frog on fiend hunter and block and kill fiend hunter.  My exiled wall of fog stays exiled. since fiend hunters ability to return card to play field goes off when removed from play the turn to frog should no lounger be effecting it - I believe.

The Fiend Hunter was a frog with no abilities when it died. It didn't have the ability which returns your exiled creature to your control. When it got to the graveyard it would become a Fiend Hunter again, but by then it would be too late, your creature would remain exiled... forever.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

The activation of terramophic expanse in the dragon deck did not work for me for 2 games in a row! check the link... www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgmzfzLAVtA

Also, ever since magic 2012, there has been a major problem with getting random people into a hosted game. Specifcally the 4th slot in two headed giant. For example, people have no problem finding the 3rd slot, but then after that, (almost 90% of the time) nobody will join the 4th slot. The way around it is that you have to kick the 3rd slot. Then almost immediately someone else joins, then you gotta invite the guy you just booted to the 4th slot in order to get a game goin...Please fix this!!!
The activation of terramophic expanse in the dragon deck did not work for me for 2 games in a row! check the link... www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgmzfzLAVtA

Also, ever since magic 2012, there has been a major problem with getting random people into a hosted game. Specifcally the 4th slot in two headed giant. For example, people have no problem finding the 3rd slot, but then after that, (almost 90% of the time) nobody will join the 4th slot. The way around it is that you have to kick the 3rd slot. Then almost immediately someone else joins, then you gotta invite the guy you just booted to the 4th slot in order to get a game goin...Please fix this!!!

You are highlighting the card to play but not the ability. Notice when you brought the card up and there was two little yellow arrows on the right of the card?

Show

No i was clearly highlighting "activate ability". I even go up and down towards the end of the video to display that i am on the ability.... It simply just did not work. I should have recorded pressing X though. 
No i was clearly highlighting "activate ability". I even go up and down towards the end of the video to display that i am on the ability.... It simply just did not work. I should have recorded pressing X though. 

This is then a technical issue and not a bugged card interaction.
Please post there.

Show

I'm curious with the redirect issue if it is a problem caused by simplified targetting. Either the original caster or the copy/redirection caster...

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.
I'm curious with the redirect issue if it is a problem caused by simplified targetting. Either the original caster or the copy/redirection caster...

Great brainstorm!!!
I bet that's why some people are reporting it as working.
I will put my Twincast back in and try it.

Show

Is there a bug that randomly stops a player from swinging in 2HG? 

This happened to me 2 games in a row. I was playing ETD both times, the creatures were both dragons though both different, and neither attack with all nor manual swinging worked.

There were no enchantments preventing me from swinging though my partner was using GOL, and it was only my attacks that were busted~~It almost cost us both games, but my partner was able to win the second and the game was kind enough to let me end the 1st with a soul's fire.

Would appreciate knowing if anybody else has ran into this.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Is there a bug that randomly stops a player from swinging in 2HG? 

This happened to me 2 games in a row. I was playing ETD both times, the creatures were both dragons though both different, and neither attack with all nor manual swinging worked.

There were no enchantments preventing me from swinging though my partner was using GOL, and it was only my attacks that were busted~~It almost cost us both games, but my partner was able to win the second and the game was kind enough to let me end the 1st with a soul's fire.

Would appreciate knowing if anybody else has ran into this.

Kar, this really belongs in the Is it supposed to work like this thread.
You need to provide more detail as to the state of the battlefield.

Show

Well if you want to argue where the post belongs then it is actually in an entirely new thread titled "Why the hell isn't it allowing me to swing?"

I know damn well it is a bug, I checked every card in all 4 graves and on the board in both games and nothing had the ability to stop me. My question is aimed at finding out just what the bug is, and I wrote all I recall of the board state.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Well if you want to argue where the post belongs then it is actually in an entirely new thread titled "Why the hell isn't it allowing me to swing?"

I know damn well it is a bug, I checked every card in all 4 graves and on the board in both games and nothing had the ability to stop me. My question is aimed at finding out just what the bug is, and I wrote all I recall of the board state.

Chill bro.
It would, actually, be considered a technical issue and this is the first report as such.

Show

Sounds like a desync issue. I've had it a few times.
Sounds like a desync issue. I've had it a few times.

I was thinking that as well.

"Lif is too short."

Great brainstorm!!!

I can confirm Reverberate still doesn't work and it has nothing to do with simplified targeting. I was playing FW against the CotMD (AI) and I tried to Reverberate my own Flames of the Firebrand. When I went to select the targets (I wanted all three to go to my opponent's face) I ran into trouble. The first target I could select my opponent fine, the second target, however, I could only choose myself. Then it didn't even give me a choice for the third target. It did 2 damage to my opponent and 2 to me (I had Fire Servant on the battlefield) and the other 2 damage just disappeared. Promptly took it back out of my deck after that.

"Lif is too short."

Cry

Show

Great brainstorm!!!

I can confirm Reverberate still doesn't work and it has nothing to do with simplified targeting. I was playing FW against the CotMD (AI) and I tried to Reverberate my own Flames of the Firebrand. When I went to select the targets (I wanted all three to go to my opponent's face) I ran into trouble. The first target I could select my opponent fine, the second target, however, I could only choose myself. Then it didn't even give me a choice for the third target. It did 2 damage to my opponent and 2 to me (I had Fire Servant on the battlefield) and the other 2 damage just disappeared. Promptly took it back out of my deck after that.

A "NON-firm" from me - opponent had 2 gravecrawlers and geralfs messenger on the board. I had a Grim Lavamancer and nothing else. I'm @ 4-6 life or so, opponent is @ 3 life. I have Reverberate as only card in hand. I'm on my final fortune turn (my only shot at surviving), and draw a Flames of the Firebrand. For random useless overkill, I play Flames and target opponents face 3 times. That means, that I only picked ONE target. I then cast Reverberate (for testing, not for overkilling uselessly), target the Flames on the stack and upon resolving, I get a copy and a prompt to choose a target. I choose his Zombie, and the spell correctly deals all 3 damage to that 1 creature.

I imagine, that when people try this, and copy the spell, they expect to be able to select 3 new targets. YOU CANNOT. You can CHANGE any target the spell has, you cannot change the number of targets it had. You can change all, some or none of the targets.

I bet this is what confuses people. Especially if they choose the same target twice for 2 damage total to that target, and 1 damage to another target. Then you have 2 targets you MAY change, and these are 2 and 1 damage respectively.

I'm not saying the spell is bug-free - I'm just saying that when testing this, you need to be VERY thourough in regards to what you're trying to do.

Rulings below.

Show
8/15/2010 Reverberate can target (and copy) any instant or sorcery spell, not just one with targets. It doesn't matter who controls it. 8/15/2010 When Reverberate resolves, it creates a copy of a spell. You control the copy. That copy is created on the stack, so it's not "cast." Abilities that trigger when a player casts a spell won't trigger. The copy will then resolve like a normal spell, after players get a chance to cast spells and activate abilities. 8/15/2010 The copy will have the same targets as the spell it's copying unless you choose new ones. You may change any number of the targets, including all of them or none of them. If, for one of the targets, you can't choose a new legal target, then it remains unchanged (even if the current target is illegal). 8/15/2010 If the spell Reverberate copies is modal (that is, it says "Choose one --" or the like), the copy will have the same mode. You can't choose a different one. 8/15/2010 If the spell Reverberate copies has an X whose value was determined as it was cast (like Earthquake does), the copy has the same value of X. 8/15/2010 You can't choose to pay any additional costs for the copy. However, effects based on any additional costs that were paid for the original spell are copied as though those same costs were paid for the copy too. For example, if a player sacrifices a 3/3 creature to cast Fling, and you copy it with Reverberate, the copy of Fling will also deal 3 damage to its target. 8/15/2010 If the copy says that it affects "you," it affects the controller of the copy, not the controller of the original spell. Similarly, if the copy says that it affects an "opponent," it affects an opponent of the copy's controller, not an opponent of the original spell's controller.
I have tried it with sign in blood, counterspell, doom blade, searing spear, browbeat and path to exile. Every time there has been a problem but different ones at time. From freezing to not allowing to change targets to thegame having to sync to continue.
Hmm, this gives me an idea: has anyone tried just pressing (Y) (or whatever button is 'finish' on your platform) to finish choices so that they remain the same?

Ruling:
8/15/2010 The copy will have the same targets as the spell it's copying unless you choose new ones. You may change any number of the targets, including all of them or none of them. If, for one of the targets, you can't choose a new legal target, then it remains unchanged (even if the current target is illegal).

I'm thinking that that would be the case, you could choose a new target(s) but if you just continue then the target(s) should reamain the same. I can test after my son has finished watching cartoons, but if someone tests in the mean time, let us know what you find.

"Lif is too short."

A "NON-firm" from me - opponent had 2 gravecrawlers and geralfs messenger on the board. I had a Grim Lavamancer and nothing else. I'm @ 4-6 life or so, opponent is @ 3 life. I have Reverberate as only card in hand. I'm on my final fortune turn (my only shot at surviving), and draw a Flames of the Firebrand. For random useless overkill, I play Flames and target opponents face 3 times. That means, that I only picked ONE target. I then cast Reverberate (for testing, not for overkilling uselessly), target the Flames on the stack and upon resolving, I get a copy and a prompt to choose a target. I choose his Zombie, and the spell correctly deals all 3 damage to that 1 creature.

I imagine, that when people try this, and copy the spell, they expect to be able to select 3 new targets. YOU CANNOT. You can CHANGE any target the spell has, you cannot change the number of targets it had. You can change all, some or none of the targets.

I bet this is what confuses people. Especially if they choose the same target twice for 2 damage total to that target, and 1 damage to another target. Then you have 2 targets you MAY change, and these are 2 and 1 damage respectively.

I'm not saying the spell is bug-free - I'm just saying that when testing this, you need to be VERY thourough in regards to what you're trying to do.

Rulings below.

Show
8/15/2010 Reverberate can target (and copy) any instant or sorcery spell, not just one with targets. It doesn't matter who controls it. 8/15/2010 When Reverberate resolves, it creates a copy of a spell. You control the copy. That copy is created on the stack, so it's not "cast." Abilities that trigger when a player casts a spell won't trigger. The copy will then resolve like a normal spell, after players get a chance to cast spells and activate abilities. 8/15/2010 The copy will have the same targets as the spell it's copying unless you choose new ones. You may change any number of the targets, including all of them or none of them. If, for one of the targets, you can't choose a new legal target, then it remains unchanged (even if the current target is illegal). 8/15/2010 If the spell Reverberate copies is modal (that is, it says "Choose one --" or the like), the copy will have the same mode. You can't choose a different one. 8/15/2010 If the spell Reverberate copies has an X whose value was determined as it was cast (like Earthquake does), the copy has the same value of X. 8/15/2010 You can't choose to pay any additional costs for the copy. However, effects based on any additional costs that were paid for the original spell are copied as though those same costs were paid for the copy too. For example, if a player sacrifices a 3/3 creature to cast Fling, and you copy it with Reverberate, the copy of Fling will also deal 3 damage to its target. 8/15/2010 If the copy says that it affects "you," it affects the controller of the copy, not the controller of the original spell. Similarly, if the copy says that it affects an "opponent," it affects an opponent of the copy's controller, not an opponent of the original spell's controller.

You are right mate.
Thing with duels and Flames of the Firebrand is the card asks you to choose 3 targets as a way of dividing the damage where it should ask for number of targets first and then for amount of damage to each chosen target (which would be the case in real mtg). With Reverberate it would be much easier as one would clearly see the number of targets chosen by the spell's caster so there would be no confusion how many targets could copy have. Mad

So I tested Reverberate again, this time I Reverberated a Disintegrate that was cast at my opponent's face and found that if I just press (Y) to finish, it sends the Reverberated Disintegrate at my opponent's face as well. I haven't had the opportunity to test it with an opponent's targeted spell yet.

"Lif is too short."

So I tested Reverberate again, this time I Reverberated a Disintegrate that was cast at my opponent's face and found that if I just press (Y) to finish, it sends the Reverberated Disintegrate at my opponent's face as well. I haven't had the opportunity to test it with an opponent's targeted spell yet.

So that works as intended. If anyone wants to do some testing I'm up for it GMT, evening mostly. Mad
Twincast worked just right with my partner a minute ago.
Hmmmmm

But on Cultivate.

Show

Someone has been replaced by AI.Right when he was making choices!The choice is never made.Can't continue to play.Just happened to me.
I don't know if this have been reported before,but please,we need a fix for this. 
Someone has been replaced by AI.Right when he was making choices!The choice is never made.Can't continue to play.Just happened to me.
I don't know if this have been reported before,but please,we need a fix for this. 

Technical issue. Not a card interaction bug.

Show

Hmm thread tittle doesn't mention card interaction but it's ok.I'll go to the other thread to post it.
Hmm thread tittle doesn't mention card interaction but it's ok.I'll go to the other thread to post it.

Thank you.

Show

Slag, which only deals 5 damage, killed Runescarred Demon with no other deamage on it.
Slag, which only deals 5 damage, killed Runescarred Demon with no other deamage on it.

Was there a Fire Servant in play ?
That would be my guess.

Read cards carefully people.
Don't just assume it's another critter.

Show

Sign In to post comments