Magic 2014 Gameplay Bug Reports & List

1343 posts / 0 new
Last post
Playing sealed I had a feind hunter enchanted with angelic destiny on it making it a 5/7 and Chandra played turn to slag on it dealing 5 damage and destroying the enchantment when it is only supposed to destroy equipment attached to the creature!!  Anyone else with this issue??

Playing sealed I had a feind hunter enchanted with angelic destiny on it making it a 5/7 and Chandra played turn to slag on it dealing 5 damage and destroying the enchantment when it is only supposed to destroy equipment attached to the creature!!  Anyone else with this issue??

Please be more concise and detailed.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Obilian ring castable, and playable when there are no targets available for it to be played on. 
Someone tell me why I should be able to play that with 0 targets for it to be played on!?

Had it happen in a campain...very annoying! 

Sounds like a bug to me. Turn to Slag says nothing anywhere about destroying enchantments like Angelic Destiny . I'm assuming your creature died as a result? Is it possible perhaps that maybe there was a Fire Servant or something else on the board that caused it to deal 10 damage and just kill the creature outright, not actually touching the enchantment itself? Although, in that case, the enchantment would have wound up back in your hand.
If anyone can replicate that, it'd be great.

On a side note, it helps if you link to the cards, which is done using:

{c}Card Name{/c}only with [ ] instead of { }.
Obilian ring castable, and playable when there are no targets available for it to be played on. 
Someone tell me why I should be able to play that with 0 targets for it to be played on!?

Had it happen in a campain...very annoying! 

Oblivion Ring is just an enchantment, it doesn't need to actually have a target to be cast. It DOES have an enter the battlefield (EtB) effect that DOES require another valid target to use, but there is nothing preventing you from playing it without one. So it sounds correct to me, just gotta be more careful
Thanks for the Slag reference Kanger.
I was looking for a Slag card while unlocking in the new game and must have missed it.

The Fire Servant question remains but I feel that's what it was also.

Guest1059782980, do you think there was one on the battlefield?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

PS3:

If you select "Random Deck" in an online match and win, you will get the message "You have unlocked a card" but you will not unlock any cards.

I won five matches in a row under that circumstance and not a single card was unlocked.

Hopefully this year Wizards will care enough to patch their buggy piece of garbage (yeah right).

PS3:

If you select "Random Deck" in an online match and win, you will get the message "You have unlocked a card" but you will not unlock any cards.

I won five matches in a row under that circumstance and not a single card was unlocked.

Hopefully this year Wizards will care enough to patch their buggy piece of garbage (yeah right).

Have you tried opening the random deck in the deck editor 
I've seen the AI make two misplays on an iPad.

In the Sealed Campaign, Jace misplayed Switcheroo. I had three creatures out; he had two. Among them were ideal targets for the spell.. He played the card on two of my creatures. The spell resolved correctly; the board state did not change. Difficulty was set to Plainswalker.

In the regular campaign (not revenge), one of the Plainswalkers played a black creature with an unpleasant enter-the-battlefield affect for a targeted player (I think it was loss of life). He directed the affect toward himself. Difficulty was on the default (Mage). Sorry I did not get the details on this one. It was in the first hour or so of gameplay and I was too distracted to document the bug.
PS3:

Have you tried opening the random deck in the deck editor 

But there is no... hey!

Seriously. This is not a card interaction bug.

Show

Card interaction bug? No. Gameplay bug? I'd say so. It's bad coding....it tries to unlock cards for your chosen deck ("random deck") instead of the deck you actually play. (I assume this is the problem)

Sean's post doesn't say this thread is only for card interaction bugs.

Once again, winning games using a "Random" deck online does not unlock cards on PS3.  That is a bug and this is the "bug" thread, no?
Jeez, gimme a break.
I'm going to bed.

I started this thread from the beginning to document card interactions that were not working properly. Everything else would be considered technical.
Sean expanded the breadth, not I.

Show

i was doing the Moorland Zombies encouter.  Was using the arua deck (forget the name of it).  Anyway i used an indistructibility card on one of my cards.  Needless to say my creature still died.

EDIT: it was indistructibility card
what card did they use to kill it?
And did you mean Indestructibility? Because Invisibility is blue.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

I assume you mean Indestructibility ?

What happened to your creature ? Was its toughness reduced to 0 ? Or were you forced to sacrifice it ? A destroy effect should not work, but if toughness is reduced to 0 or you sacrifice it - it dies.

(damn me for playing on Steam, still no game so I don't know the Moorland encounter yet)
I assume you mean Indestructibility ?

What happened to your creature ? Was its toughness reduced to 0 ? Or were you forced to sacrifice it ? A destroy effect should not work, but if toughness is reduced to 0 or you sacrifice it - it dies.

(damn me for playing on Steam, still no game so I don't know the Moorland encounter yet)

yes sorry i had put the wrong card name.  i did mean indestructibilty.   I was just fighting the non stop zombies encounter.. Moorland Zombies.   all i know is my 3/4 card i had indestructibility on it died when the AI put 2 2/2 zombies to fight it.

i thought it still survives even if its life goes to 0?
An indestructible creature cannot be destroyed by combat damage, by spells that say "destroy creature" or direct damage.

If the indestructible creatures toughness is reduced to 0 (or less) by for example Mutilate, it dies as a statebased action because of having 0 toughness.

Other examples are Wither, an ability on creatures which makes combat damage to creatures turn into -1/-1 counters for each point of damage.

Or Infest, which is sort of the upgraded version of wither, where creatures again mark damage as -1/-1 and also give poison counters to players instead of regular damage.
An indestructible creature cannot be destroyed by combat damage, by spells that say "destroy creature" or direct damage.

So then my creature shouldnt have died from combat damage when it fought 2 2/2 zombies and my creature was a 3/4 with indestructible... right?
True - unless the 2 2/2 zombies had either Infect or Wither as an ability. If you are able to link the cards, it will make it easier to answer.
True - unless the 2 2/2 zombies had either Infect or Wither as an ability. If you are able to link the cards, it will make it easier to answer.

It was the Moorland Zombies encounter... the first one you play in the game campaign.  They have no special effects.  they are just reg zombies trying to make more zombies

Bronx, can you try to replicate the bug. What creature was the enchantment attached to?
I had Seasoned Marshal 2/2 with a Serra's Boon +1/+2 attached to it along with indestructibility.

AI block that 3/4 i had with a Walking Corpse 2/2 and a token zombie 2/2.

I'll try to see if i can repeat it at some point...
!! I got it....

When you cast Indestructibility, I bet you (by accident) hit the Serra's Boon instead. So your creature wasn't indestructable - the other enchant was.

[edit] It really helps when you know all the cards on the table
!! I got it....

When you cast Indestructibility, I bet you (by accident) hit the Serra's Boon instead. So your creature wasn't indestructable - the other enchant was.

[edit] It really helps when you know all the cards on the table

hmm maybe that was it but i just hit X when it targeted that card automatically so not sure why it would have target the enchanment and not my card.  Anyway tho maybe it did and i just didnt see it.

Oh well my misake i guess...

iPad: you can't scroll down to select the ability of evil twin.
Bronx, sounds like Muwanno got it.
Easy to enchant a different permanent if your not paying strict attention.
Done it myself.

Show

Torosedato, did you bring the twin in as a copy of a hexproof or indestructable creature maybe?

Show

This seems more like a card interaction bug, but perhaps this belongs in the technical thread, anyway on iPad, I played Lobotomy against Chandra who had 1 card in hand, which was Lava Axe. There was also another Axe in her graveyard. So I see her hand, and select the Axe. Then for some reason the selection is brought up again where the Axe is the only card, so I select it again. Then for a third time, the selection screen comes up with the Axe so I select it again. Then an overlay appears saying "There is nothing to choose." and I cannot close it, the card never resolves, and I had to restart the match.

I have no idea what happened. I haven't had a chance to use Lobotomy since. 
it sounds almost normal: you cast lobotomy, and select the card in her hand.

You then search graveyard, find 1, and select it. Search library, find 1 and select it. Lastly searching her hand, and here they may have botched it, as the card is in her hand but have been previously selected.

That is my guess.

We need to test this though:

Does it only happen when there is only 1 cards left in hand ?
Was it a "lonely" fluke that cannot be reproduced ?

Gawd! Steam version should release in a couple of hours. I'm gonna head home from work, and hope to be able to finally play.
Could someone test Lobotomy. I would but I am at work.

Show

Hmm, yeah perhaps you're right, I'll update the next time I get to use Lobotomy. I'm trying to fully unlock MotD right now, so hopefully I'll get it again soon (it being the card, not the bug, I'd be happy to never have that happen again).
Torosedato, did you bring the twin in as a copy of a hexproof or indestructable creature maybe?

No, I copied a creature with a long text, and I couldn't scroll down to select the ub ability to kill it.
So steam released the game a few hours ago but yet its no in my steam game libary when i search it via shop it says you allready own this game but the link to "play now" is broken for me. Anyone else having problems on the steam version?
I had that problem.  Exit steam completely then reopen it and it will work.  Unfortunately I have to work for the next 4 hours though so I can't play even though I just downloaded it.
Toro,
Sounds like you copied a creature that was not a legal target, ie, hexproof or shroud.

Show

For general info for people posting: we're alot of people who are dying to help with your questions. 

But you NEED to tell us the whole story. Else we'll just be guessing away and getting nowhere.

So: which relevant cards where in play, which deck did you play/play against. What did you expect to happen, and what happened. 
Toro's saying that he could not scroll the card text low enough to activate the ability, I believe. Like, he copied a creature with a lot of text, so the Twin ability would be added to the very bottom of the card text. In 2013, you could scroll all the way down to activate such abilities. Toro, are you able to scroll the text at all? Do you recall which creature you copied?
If there is not a legal target I'm guessing the ability cannot b

Show