Magic 2014 Gameplay Bug Reports & List

1344 posts / 0 new
Last post

This post will be for active, reported bugs, the second post will be for confirmed bugs.

Be as detailed as possible as in what platform you're on, what deck you are playing against, etc...

Let's hope this thread doesn't get too big.

Reported bugs with duplication will be considered Confirmed and moved to post #2.

Have fun storming the castle!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported:

Show
Body Double's replacement effect is not resolving before Living Death removes creatures from the graveyard leaving no legal bodies to copy.

Graveborn Muse killed whilst its upkeep trigger is on the stack causes the player to not draw cards, nor lose life. X can still be determined for the trigger (number of zombies still on the battlefield, opponent had about 4 or 5 other zombies on the battlefield), so the player should still lose life and draw cards.

.Nomad Mythmaker can use it's ability in 1v1 with Grand Abolisher in play.

Cast Frost Breath targeting two creatures. In response, make one of the targets illegal by giving it Hexproof, Shroud, or Protection from Blue.

When Frost Breath resolves, the illegal target will not become tapped. This is correct.

During its next untap step, it will still untap as normal. This is not correct.

Kor Spiritdancer was out with Guardian's Magemark attached in first few rounds. Partner tried repeatedly to attach an Armored Ascension but was denied.

Master Thief's controller remains in control of Artifact after MT has died.

Redirect working on some platforms (steam) and not others.

Engulfing Slagwurm is not giving it's controller life when it blocks.

.Dinrova Horror is not recognizing proper owner.

Mirror Entity did not grant double strike that should have been acquired by being a Sliver.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Confirmed Bugs and Interactions:

Show
1. Cannot use may/must ability of Fiend Hunter.
2. Reverberate, Redirect and Twincast are not allowing all users to pick targets for the copy.
3. Ovinize is not stripping abilities properly and kills Headless One.
3. Thalia, Guardian of Thraben causing players to pay to play land.
4. Turn to Frog's ability stripping is not working.
5. Hallow Damage is not being prevented.
6. Flameblast Dragon, may/must ability is not working.
7. Admonition Angel not being able to target copies of itself.
8. Jace's Mindseeker is not causing the card on top of the library to be dicarded.
9. Diluvian Primordial is supposed to exile spells it casts upon resolution, which it does, unless that spell causes a permanent to be put in the graveyard or (possibly) the exile zone. If so, the spell goes into the graveyard and the target is exiled instead.
10. Last Gasp is triggering Vigor's ability when another card is targeted.

11. Sleep and Hands of Binding cast in the same phase is causing creatures to not untap for 2 turns

12.Upon using Consuming Vapors to have Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sacrificed you must pay one land to rebound.

13. Charmbreaker Devils is returning random cards that are not instants or sorceries.

14. Mikaeus, the Lunarch was countered by Thoughtbind despite the casting cost being cmc 5.

15. Wellwisher is not causing the player to gain life if it has been placed in the graveyard before the ability triggers.

16. X costing spells over 4 cmc are being countered by Thoughtbind.

17. Stolen Goods works against the AI but does not always allow the exiled card to played in multiplayer.

18. Mark of the Vampire is not assigning life gain before the player takes damage.

19. Evangelize can be timed out, meaning you don't make a choice and the game won't force one on you.

20. Reverberating Relentless Assault only gives you one extra combat step.

21. Endless Ranks of the Dead is recognizing zombies in the exile zone.

22. Threads of Disloyalty takes possession of Scute Mob. Scute Mob triggers from original owners mana count.

23. Tooth and Nail (entwined) does not allow you to pick only one creature.

24. Sneak Attack is not requiring all creatures to be sacrificed if multiple creatures are summoned.

25. Commandeer when played on cards such asHunt the Weak and Fiery Justice required new owner to chose targets before ownership switched,

therefor legal targets are not recognized as such and player is forced to choose original castors legal targets.

26. Duplicant is not recognizing that the ability of Heedless One is active in all zones and is sending it to the graveyard regardless of the amount of elves on the battlfield.

27. Only Oona's Prowlers owner can activate it's ability

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bugs from 2013 that have been fixed:

Show
1. Draining Whelk working as intended.
2. Nomad Mythmaker does not allow attachment to opponent anymore.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I've stickied this thread and deleted all other posts since the game hasn't released yet. Please reserve all conversation in this thread for reporting problems you've experienced. Make sure you list as many details as possible when reporting a potential issue, and please begin each post with the platform you're playing on

Big thanks to thedevilwuster for creating this thread and volunteering to help with its upkeep!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

I'm playing on iOS ipad mini when I attempt to open the last booster pack in sealed hit just shows some sparky looking things the number of card in my pool increases, then it gives me another booster and it's stuck in this loop until I force quit the app.

I'm playing on iOS ipad mini when I attempt to open the last booster pack in sealed hit just shows some sparky looking things the number of card in my pool increases, then it gives me another booster and it's stuck in this loop until I force quit the app.

This would be considered a technical issue and not a bug.

Show

where do I those? As I've tried ten times now and still cannot get the last pack of cards without it creating that loop. 
where do I those? As I've tried ten times now and still cannot get the last pack of cards without it creating that loop. 

Sorry. Someone will have to create a technical issues thread.

Done.
Post it here:  community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Show

Thank you
This is on Ps3. Sorry for multiple posts but I just figured out this is probably the correct thread.

Installed the 605mb patch and on the loading screen, specifically Ignite your spark, it hardlocks. Deleted the install, reinstalled and went offline, game worked fine. Went back online, reinstalled the patch and game freezes again in the exact same spot.
Can you change the thread title to "gameplay bugs"? I have a feeling you're going to see a lot of tech issues in here.....
Can you change the thread title to "gameplay bugs"? I have a feeling you're going to see a lot of tech issues in here.....

Speaking of which, we may need another "Is it supposed to work like this" thread.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Not necessarily a "bug", but the number showing Life Total, Cards in Hand, and Cards in Graveyard are far, far too small and I sincerely hope Wizards_Sean can get someone to give a crap and patch in an option to increase the font size!

I have had 2 minor gameplay rule issues.

1: is terramorphic expanse is not a may ability, so I should not be able to choose not to get a land if there is one in the deck(misclicks can and have happened with it).

2: lifelink appears to be a stacked ability, I got attacked by 4 creatures worth 9 damage while at 7 life, I blocked a 2 power creature with a 3 power lifelink. The lifelink should have kept me alive with 3 life, instead I die to exact damage. Thanks for the return to gamescreen option tho, let me make sure I had not missed anything.

2: lifelink appears to be a stacked ability, I got attacked by 4 creatures worth 9 damage while at 7 life, I blocked a 2 power creature with a 3 power lifelink. The lifelink should have kept me alive with 3 life, instead I die to exact damage. Thanks for the return to gamescreen option tho, let me make sure I had not missed anything.

Did your opponent's creatures have First Strike or Double Strike? They would have dealt (letal) damage on the first combat damage step, before your creature could get you back your life.
Playing sealed game against jace deck.

dragon illusion in play on his side.  Tried to use equpment to target his dragon (and destroy it).  Was told I can't target opponent's creatures.  not sure if this is a game bug or rule issue.

Thanks! 

dragon illusion in play on his side.  Tried to use equpment to target his dragon (and destroy it).  Was told I can't target opponent's creatures.  not sure if this is a game bug or rule issue.

Thanks! 

You can't Equip your opponent's creatures.

Thanks! 

You can only use the Equip ability on your own creatures, as the reminder text should tell you: Leonin Scimitar
ty kindly for rule clarification. 

I have had 2 minor gameplay rule issues.

1: is terramorphic expanse is not a may ability, so I should not be able to choose not to get a land if there is one in the deck(misclicks can and have happened with it).

1. This is allowed, you can fail to find anything that is in a hidden zone. Even though the ability is not a may ability your opponent could not prove you had no land left so Wizards has this rule.

2. Lifelink worked on the previous version so I would like to think they got it right this time. Can you recall what creatures were in play and any other effects?

Did your opponent's creatures have First Strike or Double Strike? They would have dealt (letal) damage on the first combat damage step, before your creature could get you back your life.

opp was chandra's deck, there was a 4/2 pheonix, 2 2/1 bushwackers(blocked 1), and a 1/1 token. the pheonix lived so no damage there and no burn spells in the grave or were cast in the last second.
Was Sulfuric Vortex in play?  There are 2 in Chandra's deck.
Was Sulfuric Vortex in play?  There are 2 in Chandra's deck.

no vortex, no cleaver spell, only creature combat, I had a bala scorpion with mark of the vampire on it.

opp was chandra's deck, there was a 4/2 pheonix, 2 2/1 bushwackers(blocked 1), and a 1/1 token. the pheonix lived so no damage there and no burn spells in the grave or were cast in the last second.

No idea then

EDIT:  Bushwackers? and what was the token?

This is on Ps3. Sorry for multiple posts but I just figured out this is probably the correct thread.

Installed the 605mb patch and on the loading screen, specifically Ignite your spark, it hardlocks. Deleted the install, reinstalled and went offline, game worked fine. Went back online, reinstalled the patch and game freezes again in the exact same spot.

I'm having this exact same problem. Can anyone tell me what's up?

No idea then

EDIT:  Bushwackers? and what was the token?

yeah sorry bushwackers were shortcutters and the token was a 1/1 elemental. Like I said this is only a minor problem, just somthing that came up and if it happens to be an issue, it should be an easy fix. and just in case yes my guy could block shortcutters came in earlier in the game
Thanks for helping out with thread guys and gals.
I was up till 2am just making sure I had the game and update downloaded (great connection) so I could mess with it when I get off work and saw 15 posts already this morning...wtf?

Anyway, remember to try and duplicate the cicumstance the best you can (decks being played, creatures, enchantments, artifacts on board).
Don't forget to post the platform you're on.
Thanks.

Show

How come you can play the game already?

thanks! 

thanks! 

Look for 10 Seconds at the 2 first pages and threads and an answer you might find.

Edit: Is the bad netcode (where you have to restart the game if it fails to connect) still in?

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

thanks! 

Look for 10 Seconds at the 2 first pages and threads and an answer you might find.

Edit: Is the bad netcode (where you have to restart the game if it fails to connect) still in?

Can't tell if it is available or not from page 1 or 2. Maybe you could tell me? People just post that the have trouble with the game which i thought were supposed to be released at earliest wednesday. Thanks again. 
[spoonfeed]Please refrain from off topic posts.
[/spoonfeed]

Show

I didn't have this at all...
Android Version (playing on Gnex):

Tapping the personas during a game to switch the camera view only works sporadically. Sometimes the camera options come up right away, sometimes they won't at all. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to when it decides to work.  
@lycan,
Can you try to reproduce the situation?

Show

@lycan, Can you try to reproduce the situation?

This was on ps3, sealed deck, single player against chandra. I had 1 bala scorpion with mark of the vampire attached making it 3/5. Chandra had 2X goblin shortcutters(effects not relevent in this setup), 1X Magma Phoenix, and 1X elemental token all attacking. Chandra also had a maurading maulhorn with sumoning sickness. I blocked 1 shortcutter with my scorpion letting the rest thru. The Pheonix survived so that effect was not an issue. I went back to look at the board after the game ,my scorpion took 2 damage, her blocked shortcutter was in the grave, and there were no burn spells or effects activated. My life total was 7, my life was at 0 when game was over.
I'll try testing Mark when I get home.
Sounds like lifelink might not be working right.

Show

I'll try testing Mark when I get home. Sounds like lifelink might not be working right.

I'm pretty sure this problem existed in 2013 as well... lifelink life gain would not kick in until after combat damage.
For some reason i just had my HUD disappear completely (health bar, cards in hand/deck/grave, picture). Then when i casted Aether Figment and it brought up the "Do i want to kick it or not to make it a 3/3" there was no box to choose from so the whole game ended up being stuck.  had to restart duel....
This was a really really weird glitch. I was playing 2HG with one of my friends , i left then he reinvited me. When i joined i couldent see what deck my friend was playing for about a minute then i could. Then the game starts and it was really odd. It was the board for 4 person FFA and i couldent see my lands or what cards my friend had. whenever he drew a card it looked like it was in my hand. Then i just froze up and had to quit duel. 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg)

The last two issues really fall under technical issues.
If anyone has problems that are similer with Aether Figment, please report it.

Show

The last two issues really fall under technical issues.
If anyone has problems that are similer with Aether Figment, please report it.

Sounds like another technical glitch, not a problem with the card itself. Similar to how at times, last year, you'd try and grab X cards from your deck, but your deck wouldn't show up, and you'd be stuck sitting around until the timer ran down and chose for you.

EDIT:

As a side note, you may want to put the bug lists in spoilers, just to avoid a gigantic first post as more are reported. 
I'll try testing Mark when I get home. Sounds like lifelink might not be working right.

I'm pretty sure this problem existed in 2013 as well... lifelink life gain would not kick in until after combat damage.

No, it did not exist on most platforms.  I can't speak for iPad, but lifelink worked correctly on other platforms.  Perhaps you mistook Sunhome Enforcer's ability for just being synonymous with lifelink?
Sign In to post comments