CHECK OUT MY FREE 4E FANZINE!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Some of you might have known that I have been working on this for over a year, but it is finally done, check it out!

It is free, but PLEASE forward this to your game groups, forum friend lists, and anyone else that you think might be interested.

frothsof4e.blogspot.com/2013/06/download...

Ripping off early D&D art to promote your 4e houserules and evangelize them is very lame, you realize that, right?

DDNFan wrote:

Ripping off early D&D art to promote your 4e houserules and evangelize them is very lame, you realize that, right?

If you joined the forums or created an alternate account just to bash someone else for helping the D&D community while offering no constructive suggestions of your own, well then that is what seems lame to me. 

Bill Newsome

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

"In a hole in the ground there lived....my clan of halfling thieves!"

DDNFan wrote:

Actually, Meester TROLL, when I drew the drawings Froth asked for, I just went with what supplies I had in front of me ( a few pencils, black pilot pens, black sharpies, and sketch paper) and used my own imagination to visually manifest his prompts.

And what's wrong with something cool generated to be distributed for free within the community - it's not exactly the first time it has been done.  Third Party / Homebrew material abounds, and always has.  We're MAKING something here.  The only thing you are making is negativity.  If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all.

Very Sincerely

Morpho Pracktix 

I am on GTO / RPGTable Online as "MorphoPracktix" IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/26.jpg)

I like that creepy old art style, I grew up playing it with those books and they stimulated my imagination. I just find it obnoxious when they're used to promote 4th edition, a game that went out of its way in theme, feel, and mechanics (as well as art style) to be completely different. They rejected the old school flavor, and no matter how hard you try to use old school art to give legitimacy to 4th edition, it will not work.

My suggestion is spend your time elsewhere, it will be more productive and reach a wider audience. 4e is dead guys, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're wasting your time.

Ask yourselves if the copyrights hadn't expired on this, if the owner (Gygax) would have been happy with you using it to promote an unrelated product which was completely at odds with his own vision. I think you already know the answer to that. The answer is No.

Sign In to post comments