Lv.12 Sorcerer Elementalist (help wanted)

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Air Elementalist
Race: Dragonborn
Ending Stats:  11, 20, 14, 11, 9, 22

Theme: Unsellie Agent, Quaterstaff
Background: Brains, Bluff
Paragon Path: Lyrandar Wind-Rider

Trained Skills: Arcana, Bluff, History, Intemidate

Powers:

lv.1 Static Shock
lv.2 Spatial trip
lv.6 Raise Stone
lv.9 Ignition
lv.10 Narrow Escape

Feats:

lv.1 Supior Implement Training(qucikbeem staff)
lv.2 Draconic Spellcaster
lv.4 Staff Expertiese
lv.6 Dual Implement Spellcaster
lv.8 Unarmored Agility
lv.10 Mark of Storm
lv.11 Improved Defenses
lv.12 Arcane Admixture (Elemental Bolt)

Inventory:

Quickbeam Staff of Ruin +3
Unseelie Staff +3
Bracers of Perfect Shot(heroic)
Acrobat boots
Guantlets of Blood(heroic)
Eagle Eye Goggles (heroic)
Backlash Tattoo
Viper Belt
Amulet of Protection +3
Robes of Eyes Githweave

I will go into details to why i chose everything. Let me know if you see something that doesnt fit or could be better. This is a short campaign that is using the delve mechanics for items. +1lvl, same lvl, -1 lvl item, and then -1 item lvl worth of gold.

Air Elementalist to get Wind-Rider PP.
Dragonborn to allow for powerful surges and +1 attack and damage with Draconic Spellcaster
Stats should be east to understand 14 dex to allow for Dual Implement Spellcaster
Theme, I dont find many themes benifical to casters which is why i went with Unsellie to allow for me to get my +3 weapon which will give me +3 damage to all attacks.
Background: Only gain 2 HP with Auspious birth, went with Brains +2 bluff because I find i use Bluff the most.

Powers:
lv.1 Static Shock - Friendly Aoe which is amazing and can decimate minions very easily
lv.2 Spatial trip - Teleporting is always a good thing to get out of disasters way
lv.6 Raise Stone -  This campaign is against Giants, I plan on using this on myself to throw me in the sky which will allow for me to go unscathed most fights, with Spatial trip i can teleport down whenever i want.
lv.9 Ignition - Seems like the best Ranged AOE
lv.10 Narrow Escape  - Half damage and teleport, can help if im using raise stone and get knocked off to prevent falling damage.

Feats:

lv.1 Supior Implement Training(quickbeem staff) - +3 damage plus improved sliding
lv.2 Draconic Spellcaster - +1 attack and +1 damage to all my spells
lv.4 Staff Expertiese - +1 attack and being able to be in melee and attack
lv.6 Dual Implement Spellcaster - +3 damage
lv.8 Unarmored Agility - +2 AC is always good, willing to replace
lv.10 Mark of Storm - Needed for paragon path and a slide which gets more powerful with quickbeem staff
lv.11 Improved Defenses - +2 to all NADs
lv.12 Arcane Admixture (Elemental Bolt) - Allows for quickbeem staff to do +3 damage gives me thunder based on Elemental Bolt which can help if a creature only has lightning res.

Again let me know what advice you would give me. We are fighting Giants so im not sure if they have any res i should know about or any creatures they usually reside with. 
"Quickbeam." The word is "quickbeam." You've got it spelled 3 ways here and none of them are q-u-i-c-k-b-e-a-m.

I'd suggest a weapon of speed in there so you have some attempt at a nova.

The rest? Sure. Works as well as every other elementalist.
You should look into a lancing dagger rather than a quickbeam staff.  Your 2 main attacks are If you get into melee combat, that is what you have static charge for.

Static charge is unbelievable when you add in LWR.  It does not seem like a lot of damage or that is only for minions but it is far better than you think.  It does 1d8, +cha mod to an adjacent target.  Now with wind-rider it does 1d8+con, +cha+con to an adjacent target.  Since it is an arcane attack, it gets your striker feature to do 1d8+con+con+damage roll mods, +cha+con to an adjacent target.  If the targets are grouped up, it can be even better.

xed
  fg

x = you
e, d, f, g = monsters

Since e is adjacent to f, d, and g, you can bounce the extra damage from f/d/g to e.  So e would take 1d8+con+con+damage roll mods+(cha+con)*3.  Each other target would just be 1d8+con+con+damage roll mods.

And you could:
- Arcane Admixture(thunder) to Static Charge: Thunder and Lighting, and quickbeam staff/resonating dagger is worth it
- Resounding Thunder: Static Charge is now blast 4
- Primordial Adept: You can choose either close blast 3 cold spell or area burst 1 fire spell, at L10 you would get +2 cold/thunder or +2 fire/thunder damage based on what you chose earlier 

- Hit e with Elemental bolt and give him vulnerable 3 to your elemental attacks.
- Hit e/d/f/g with Static Charge, bouncing all extra damage to e.  It would be 4 instances of damage, each one getting +3 extra damage due to vulnerability
Staff of Ruin and Bracers of the Perfect Shot are both Item Bonuses for damage, and thus do not stack.

Also, look at Reserve Maneuver to swap the E11 from Wind Rider for Flame Spiral.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Under inventory Quickbeam is spelt right. Just was typing fast because i added those others in afterwards. 

I dont know what LWR is, im horrible with any acronyms in games. My GM usually doesnt have things bunched up which is why i focus more on stronger single target attacks. But when they do i knew having that ability would be kick ass. Mostly my GM has either a large amount of minions with a hard boss or a few bigger guys and a big boss on each encounter so i dont think having a killer AOE with help besides eleminating the minions. Using Escalation is probably better to use for the few bigger guys since the team will only let them last for a few turns and probably will do more damage than hoping they are grouped up.

Thanks, I was wondering why it wouldnt add on the damage on the character creater.
LWR = lyrendar wind-rider and I probably misspelled the first word.  It is the PP that goes with mark of storm.
Bracer of the Perfect Shot doesn't stack with staff of ruin because they are both an item bonus to damage. Use daggers instead. Then you can rock daggers and use a Weapon of Speed and Lightning Cuts. Accurate Dagger would replace the quickbeam. Unselie Agent is lame you want Prince of Hell for more accuracy. And get the level 6 utility power Sudden Scales in there.
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
Why not trade the LWR for MC Bard and Voice of Thunder?
Because the damage from LWR affects anything that does lightning or thunder damage, regardless of whether the damage is static or from a damage roll.

If magic missile did lightning damage, LWR would add +con damage to it for instance. 
Because the damage from LWR affects any attack power that does lightning or thunder damage, regardless of whether the damage is static or from a damage roll.

If magic missile did lightning damage, LWR would add +con damage to it for instance. 

fyp

Because the damage from LWR affects anything that does lightning or thunder damage, regardless of whether the damage is static or from a damage roll. If magic missile did lightning damage, LWR would add +con damage to it for instance. 

True, but the VOT reshapes your Elementalist into a close burst 3 (Resounding Thunder) party friendly "Ghetto Blaster" at each of your turns' beginning (free action) as long as you manage to hit an enemy, if I recall right. And a +2 bonus to damage rolls of thunder powers looks like a nice consolation prize.
Air Elementalist
Race: Dragonborn
Ending Stats:  11, 20, 14, 11, 9, 22

Theme: Unsellie Agent, Quaterstaff
Background: Brains, Bluff
Paragon Path: Lyrandar Wind-Rider

Trained Skills: Arcana, Bluff, History, Intemidate

Powers:

lv.1 Static Shock
lv.2 Spatial trip
lv.6 Raise Stone
lv.9 Ignition
lv.10 Narrow Escape

Feats:

lv.1 Supior Implement Training(qucikbeem staff)
lv.2 Draconic Spellcaster
lv.4 Staff Expertiese
lv.6 Dual Implement Spellcaster
lv.8 Unarmored Agility
lv.10 Mark of Storm
lv.11 Improved Defenses
lv.12 Arcane Admixture (Elemental Bolt)

Inventory:

Quickbeam Staff of Ruin +3
Unseelie Staff +3
Bracers of Perfect Shot(heroic)
Acrobat boots
Guantlets of Blood(heroic)
Eagle Eye Goggles (heroic)
Backlash Tattoo
Viper Belt
Amulet of Protection +3
Robes of Eyes Githweave

I will go into details to why i chose everything. Let me know if you see something that doesnt fit or could be better. This is a short campaign that is using the delve mechanics for items. +1lvl, same lvl, -1 lvl item, and then -1 item lvl worth of gold.

Air Elementalist to get Wind-Rider PP.
Dragonborn to allow for powerful surges and +1 attack and damage with Draconic Spellcaster
Stats should be east to understand 14 dex to allow for Dual Implement Spellcaster
Theme, I dont find many themes benifical to casters which is why i went with Unsellie to allow for me to get my +3 weapon which will give me +3 damage to all attacks.
Background: Only gain 2 HP with Auspious birth, went with Brains +2 bluff because I find i use Bluff the most.

Powers:
lv.1 Static Shock - Friendly Aoe which is amazing and can decimate minions very easily
lv.2 Spatial trip - Teleporting is always a good thing to get out of disasters way
lv.6 Raise Stone -  This campaign is against Giants, I plan on using this on myself to throw me in the sky which will allow for me to go unscathed most fights, with Spatial trip i can teleport down whenever i want.
lv.9 Ignition - Seems like the best Ranged AOE
lv.10 Narrow Escape  - Half damage and teleport, can help if im using raise stone and get knocked off to prevent falling damage.

Feats:

lv.1 Supior Implement Training(quickbeem staff) - +3 damage plus improved sliding
lv.2 Draconic Spellcaster - +1 attack and +1 damage to all my spells
lv.4 Staff Expertiese - +1 attack and being able to be in melee and attack
lv.6 Dual Implement Spellcaster - +3 damage
lv.8 Unarmored Agility - +2 AC is always good, willing to replace
lv.10 Mark of Storm - Needed for paragon path and a slide which gets more powerful with quickbeem staff
lv.11 Improved Defenses - +2 to all NADs
lv.12 Arcane Admixture (Elemental Bolt) - Allows for quickbeem staff to do +3 damage gives me thunder based on Elemental Bolt which can help if a creature only has lightning res.

Again let me know what advice you would give me. We are fighting Giants so im not sure if they have any res i should know about or any creatures they usually reside with. 

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already (I don't think so?), but you're trying to stack two expertise feats.  Draconic Spellcaster doesn't have the word "expertise" in the name, but it's a feat that gives a typed "feat" bonus to attack rolls (and also damage rolls in this case) and thus falls under that category rather neatly.

The takeaway here is that feat bonuses to the same thing from two different sources do not stack - you get the bonus from either Draconic Spellcaster or Staff Expertise (or something else if you decide to switch to daggers), but not both.
Wow didnt realize that. I suppose it gives the +1 damage still but ya it doesnt stack so having dragonborn is probably pointless for this character. Thank you.