Magic 2014 "Deadwalkers" Decklist and Strategies

1169 posts / 0 new
Last post
@Soaked_As
Death Cloud deals damage to EACH player. Therefore, he would only need to tap it for 8 as it would deal 5 damage to each opponent, winning him the game with 2 life remaining.
How does this look:

23 swamp

3 gravecrawler
1 quest for the gravelord
1 vampiric tutor
2 reanimate

3 black cat
2 walking corpse
3 doom blade
2 sign in blood

2 lord of the undead
2 geralf's messenger
death cloud

1 liliana's reaver
3 undead warchief
2 endless ranks of the dead
1 grave pact
2 tendrils of corruption
1 mutilate
1 consuming vapors

grave titan
1 mikaeus, the unhallowed 

Is that for 1v1? If so drop endless ranks of dead and quest for the gravelord for corrupts and at least 1 fleshbag. I would drop also drop 1 reanimte for the 2nd Fleshbag
1) 2 fleshbag absolutely (EDIT: when you play it t3 with a cat in the battlefield you don't really give much choice to your opponent).

2) At least 1 corrupt for finishing, healing and boss/undead killing.

3) I don't like the quest of the gravelord at all. You need to kill to activate it, and generally get an unsummon once done, lol (and in this time the crawlers you could have played t1 already did much dmg).

4) Since you will play mainly fast aggro, there is no need for endless, since it works mainly to exit a stall.

5) Personally I dont play titan, but the choice could be defended. Thus, at least 24 (even 25) lands are required to be able to play them when you got them.
First, I design my decks for all formats in the game.  Endless ranks of the dead gets out of control often enough for me that I do not want to drop it because it is worse in 1v1, because it does not suck in 1v1 against many of the decks.

Second, since I feel like this is going to be discussed anyway, I do not want to run fleshbag marauder in this.  This is a matter of personal preference, as I do not like cards that give my opponent a choice.  I run cards like consuming vapors and death cloud because they get a greater effect, but for me the fact that fleshbag gives them a choice and everyone and their mother is running the top 3........  I just don't like runnign choice cards like that when aggro is dominant.  It is a wonderful card and I probably shoulld be running it, but that is just going to be the one point where I completely differ from everyone else.

Making a deck to be "good in all formats" is like making a character that has average stats and skills all around in a game without focusing on anything.  It ends up being able to do everything, but only half way decently and usually ends up falling short.  Not that I am telling you what to do, but a deck is better off being focused on either a 1v1 format or a 3+ player format.

Another note about Fleshbag Marauder, it seems to me if you are going to run Grave Pact there's not a better card to run in your deck alongside it than fleshbag.  I'm not saying one isn't worth running without the other...but the fleshbag + pact combo is a game winning combo nearly every time.  There's really no reason not to run fleshbag here other than "no, i dont wanna".  Which is fine, but you are on here asking for advice afterall.  When you just ignore everything why bother asking in the first place?

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

How does this look:

23 swamp

3 gravecrawler
1 vampiric tutor
2 reanimate

3 black cat
2 walking corpse
3 doom blade
2 sign in blood

2 lord of the undead
2 geralf's messenger
death cloud

1 liliana's reaver
3 undead warchief
1 grave pact
2 tendrils of corruption
1 mutilate
1 consuming vapors

grave titan

cept for the titans and the lack of flashbags is almost what i run so i suppose it looks good to me :P

imo fleshbags are hard to not include as it is a supergood card that works pretty well in the graveyard too... also if you go with them probably it is worth to include the butcherer ghouls for undying rather than corpses.

btw with all the removar DW have quest for the gravelord is very good in 1vs1 too as, when it hit the ground, forces the opponent to play around it or he risk to pop up when he doesnt expect (eg counter of 2 opponent have 2 or more creatures and attack, you doom blade 1, pop the grave lord and use it to block one of the attackers) it also works extremely well with grave pact, fleshbag, mutilate and it have sort of haste.

another card i like and is missing is baron, with all the zombies it is veeery good as it makes your creatures harder to deal with both to attack into and to block... personally i rank it higher than chiefs as it costs 1 less and both buff all your creatures the difference is 1 power vs death touch (i'm not suggesting to remove a chief, just saying that imo baron is better :P)
Honestly mjack, you could run my "in your ****ing face" build that I started out playing in 1v1 because it's strong across all formats.
This deck doesn't need much of anything to go anywhere.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

So I finally got Demon'd while playing Chant. So I dropped Vigor and Swung my Titan into it... and he blocked it (he's on 18 at this point). Then he comes in for 9 and I tangle him, only to finish with Vigor and my now 15/15 Titan.

Derp.
Fleshbag is awesome; one of the best cards in the deck.
Grave Pact out and no creatures. Play Fleshdude, sac him and you take out two of their creatures.
You should never be in that position but it comes in handy in a pinch.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

There's nothing wrong with sacrificing a Black Cat; in fact, it's a very strong play against a lot of decks. You also have recursion with Lords and Reanimate.

You trying to say an Edict is weak because it doesn't target, but that's actually their primary strength because they get around hexproof/shroud/indestructibilty/regenerate.

If you don't want to run it because you don't want to run it, that's fine. But it's still a great card.
How does this look:

23 swamp

3 gravecrawler
1 vampiric tutor
2 reanimate

3 black cat
2 walking corpse
3 doom blade
2 sign in blood

2 lord of the undead
2 geralf's messenger
death cloud

1 liliana's reaver
3 undead warchief
1 grave pact
2 tendrils of corruption
1 mutilate
1 consuming vapors

grave titan

cept for the titans and the lack of flashbags is almost what i run so i suppose it looks good to me :P

imo fleshbags are hard to not include as it is a supergood card that works pretty well in the graveyard too... also if you go with them probably it is worth to include the butcherer ghouls for undying rather than corpses.

btw with all the removar DW have quest for the gravelord is very good in 1vs1 too as, when it hit the ground, forces the opponent to play around it or he risk to pop up when he doesnt expect (eg counter of 2 opponent have 2 or more creatures and attack, you doom blade 1, pop the grave lord and use it to block one of the attackers) it also works extremely well with grave pact, fleshbag, mutilate and it have sort of haste.

another card i like and is missing is baron, with all the zombies it is veeery good as it makes your creatures harder to deal with both to attack into and to block... personally i rank it higher than chiefs as it costs 1 less and both buff all your creatures the difference is 1 power vs death touch (i'm not suggesting to remove a chief, just saying that imo baron is better :P)

It seems I missed putting in that one card, but I have death baron in my build.

So, I like running cards because they are good by themselves.  For me, fleshbag marauder is not good by himself.  You need a gravecrawler or grave pact to make him awesome, or you need something with undying to make him more than a more expensive but slightly better innocent blood.  Now, I run walking corpse instead of butcher ghoul, because I would rather have a straight up 2/2 for 2 instead of a 1/1 that will become a 2/2 for 2 mana.  I will not run bloodghast.  I don't like sacking my own copy of black cat for an untargeted sacrifice.  Thus, I am already short on targets on my side of the field.  I can keep going on this, but I will just say that it is my personal preference and in no way do I think the card is not MUST run.

On one other point, I do not like putting too much destruction in my builds.  Yes, there is such a thing as too much destruction. 3 doom blade, death baron, death cloud, liliana's reaver, grave pact, 2 tendrils of corruption, mutilate, and consuming vapors all take one or more creatures with them on a regular basis.  Now if at all possible I try to run as few things on the higher end of the scale as possible.  For this deck I like to have 3.  Mikaeus, the unhallowed is one card I will not take out.  Thus it came down to 2 grave titan or 2 corrupt.  That is why I am not running corrupt.  I decided I would rather have the 6/6 deathtouch that swarms the field by himself instead.

While I absolutely love GT and am probably one of his top supporters on this thread, if I HAD to choose between 2x Grave Titan and 2x Corrupt...I choose 2x Corrupt every time.  It can kill a creature, and often times by the time I get it it ends the game (especially with this deck which usually does a good chunk of damage by the time T6 runs around).  At the same time, regardless how I use Corrupt, I'm gaining at least 6 life when I use it.  At the very least I would run 1 GT and 1 Corrupt..I run all 4 and Mike and do just fine, but I understand not wanting to use all 5.  Corrupt is the last one I would cut though.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Noone wants to play exhume.

So, I like running cards because they are good by themselves.  For me, fleshbag marauder is not good by himself.  You need a gravecrawler or grave pact to make him awesome, or you need something with undying to make him more than a more expensive but slightly better innocent blood.  Now, I run walking corpse instead of butcher ghoul, because I would rather have a straight up 2/2 for 2 instead of a 1/1 that will become a 2/2 for 2 mana.  I will not run bloodghast.  I don't like sacking my own copy of black cat for an untargeted sacrifice.  Thus, I am already short on targets on my side of the field.  I can keep going on this, but I will just say that it is my personal preference and in no way do I think the card is not MUST run.

just a thing about flashbag saccing... most of the time i actually sac the flashbag itself even if i have in play cats or stuff with undying because the deck have some ok grave interaction and quite often is it possible to get the flashbag back or to reanimate it for an additional sacrifice. with 5 mana and a lord you can force a sacrifice every turn that vs many decks is a good lock and works fairly well even with a deck like AG or in the mirror.

not trying to "force" you to play it, just suggesting to experiment a bit with the card if you have not done it yet, as it is extremely flexible... maybe you will find uses that you didnt see at first or maybe it will just confirm that the card is not good in your deck or doesnt suit your style     

I personally believe that this deck is very hard to cut.

A lot of people consider all copies of gravecrawler, black cat, doom blade, sign in blood, fleshbag marauder, lord of the undead, geralf's messenger, death baron, undead warchiefgrave pact, tendrils of corruption, mutilate, consuming vapors, corrupt, and mikaeus, the unhallowed to be MUST RUN.

On top of that, a lot of people also want to run diregraf ghoul, quest for the gravelord, vampiric tutorreanimate, bloodghast, walking corpse, butcher ghoul, exhume, grim return, liliana's reaver, abattoir ghoul, endless ranks of the dead, cruel revival, grave titan, zombie apocalypse, grave betrayal, and demon of death's gate.

Since all of these cards obviously cannot fit in a single deck and still have that deck be good, hard choices have to be made.  In a build that is not supposed to be aggro, fleshbag is one of those hard cuts I made, and so is corrupt.  I felt 10+ destruction outlets was enough.      

Corrupt isn't just some "disruption".  It is a "burn", to the face or creature, that gives you equal amount of lifegain.  It isn't Chittering Rats (disruption).  A lot of the crap you list is far from "a lot of people want to run", more like a few experimental or 2HG builds run.  I run 2 cards, the 2x GT and diregraphs in that list.  Which is why I say again: you shouldn't try to build some "catch all" deck to play both 1v1 or 2HG, you need to focus, one or the other...or just make 2 different decks, one for 1v1 and one for 2HG/FFA.  Obviously you can do w/e you want, but if you care about results, that's just how it is.  I also don't consider vapors a must run as I don't run it myself, although it is a damn good card.

Drifter, the point I was trying to get across earlier is this deck really doesn't need to concentrate on one or the other. Take the optimal build for 1v1 and it translates just fine in 2hg. You can always add a card like Zombie Apocalypse or something and run it at 61 for 2hg I suppose.
Never found a reason to swap anything out yet. This deck is just pure Marilyn Monsterella.

Show

I'm actually starting to doubt Consuming Vapors myself, even though it just won we a game yesterday. Protip: don't crack Quest for the Gravelord midway through your opponent's second main phase. You never know what he might be holding. 

Anyway, for every time I've had it swing and/or seal a game, there's been another where it's been a dead card because my opponent has plenty of worthless creatures to throw away. Then there's the mirror match, which is all kinds of annoying.
I'm actually starting to doubt Consuming Vapors myself, even though it just won we a game yesterday. Protip: don't crack Quest for the Gravelord midway through your opponent's second main phase. You never know what he might be holding. 

Anyway, for every time I've had it swing and/or seal a game, there's been another where it's been a dead card because my opponent has plenty of worthless creatures to throw away. Then there's the mirror match, which is all kinds of annoying.

Don't ever crack Quest for the Gravelord. That late to the party 5/5 is rubbish. Consuming Vapors kills and then, if they are smart, stalls them cold for a turn.

Show

Don't ever crack Quest for the Gravelord. That late to the party 5/5 is rubbish.

Oh, I know. I've never used it and never will. I am honestly surprised by often I see it. People probably see 5/5 for 1 and stop thinking after that.
I've never really been unhappy to see a Consuming Vapors. I find myself every now and again using it on my own dudes to gain some emergency life, "buff" a Geralf's Messenger (and shock my opponent for 2) that wasn't getting in that turn anyways against a horde of x/1s, putting my own Fleshbag Marauder in the grave for Mikaeus or Reanimate shenanigans, et al. 
I am done with this thread, have a good day.

2 + 2 = fish

well gravelord should be generally cracked on opponent attack or in his end phase so, if the opponent have not an instant or is tapped it will happy swing or trade... 5/5 zombie is quite big, especially if there are lords/chiefs in play at worst is should be able to trade with something big or multiple creatures... and even if it get exiled the instant it hit the ground... well 1 mana to "absorb" a removal is not bad at all... better him than a lord for sure ^^ (the big risk with it comes from dimir matchup, but in other matches i always found it pretty good)

well gravelord should be generally cracked on opponent attack or in his end phase so, if the opponent have not an instant or is tapped it will happy swing or trade... 5/5 zombie is quite big, especially if there are lords/chiefs in play at worst is should be able to trade with something big or multiple creatures... and even if it get exiled the instant it hit the ground... well 1 mana to "absorb" a removal is not bad at all... better him than a lord for sure ^^ (the big risk with it comes from dimir matchup, but in other matches i always found it pretty good)

You missed the subtle point.
Quest is rubbish in this deck. Way too many other better drops in that slot.

Show

Yes, it should be cracked on the opponent's end phase. Unfortunately, my opponent was not so savvy, and cracked it as soon as he took the trade I had offered him during my turn. 5 life to me. He did somewhat redeem himself by only playing a Black Cat on his turn, but whether he knew I wouldn't risk the discard or was just dropping the only thing he could play, I don't know.

Anyway, wuster's right: there's too much other stuff that should go in ahead of Quest. Plus it's the worst top-deck imaginable. It either doesn't help because you've already won, or doesn't help because you can't crack it in time to stop anything.
in the first turn i agree that, if you have a 1 mana creature, you should not play it, but in the 2nd is quite viable if thers alredy something on the board, even better if you have another 1 drop creature to deploy on turn 2, also 1 mana mean that you can play whitout much trouble during the game, even if you get mana screwed.

i agree that topdecking it may be not that good if the board is empty or the game is lost, but i dont think topdecking a zombie bear will be much better... and if there are creatures on the board is quite likely that i'm anyway going to crack it in 1 or 2 turns and is something the opponent may have to play around.

sure not a card that may appeal everyone or fit in every situations but imo not bad at all in a deck full of removals and creatures that likes to trade.

Don't ever crack Quest for the Gravelord. That late to the party 5/5 is rubbish. Consuming Vapors kills and then, if they are smart, stalls them cold for a turn.

It depends on your meta.   If you are seeing a lot of the big three, they are all quite aggro and creature heavy, especially early on.    With lots of weenies crashing into each other it is a very nice one drop.     Obviously it isn't great as a top deck usually, I don't blame anyone for not running it (I usually don't) but I don't think it is a complete waste.
Hmmm, for one mana what would I rather cast?
Gravecrawler, Vampiric Tutor, Reanimate?
Na, I'll go for Quest.

Show

I've never really been unhappy to see a Consuming Vapors. I find myself every now and again using it on my own dudes to gain some emergency life, "buff" a Geralf's Messenger (and shock my opponent for 2) that wasn't getting in that turn anyways against a horde of x/1s, putting my own Fleshbag Marauder in the grave for Mikaeus or Reanimate shenanigans, et al. 

You make a very solid case for vapors...I have so much at the 4-spot I can't imagine being able to fit this in too.  What to do...lol.  I'll certainly reconsider.

Grave Titan can go, 'drifter; pained me to cut him, but he's just too late to the party most times.

If you're on six lands, Corrupt is the better tutor because you either win or buy some precious time. GT is often just two Walking Corpses for six mana.

Did I really just say that?
Surprised to hear that the Titan is getting killed so quickly in the meta, he seems to stick around for me a lot longer than D13 (where he was always killed quickly).. usually they've exhaused their paths on undying zombies or lords and the Titan gets to stay out a bit.. outside of that, there isn't much that can kill him..

(I run him or don't, depending on my mood, sometimes it's corrupt, sometimes Titan, or one of each, but I swap them out quite a bit, so maybe I'm missing something)
Grave Titan can go, 'drifter; pained me to cut him, but he's just too late to the party most times. If you're on six lands, Corrupt is the better tutor because you either win or buy some precious time. GT is often just two Walking Corpses for six mana. Did I really just say that?

Come to the Mike side.
All come to the Mike side. Wink

Show

I've been on Mike's side since the very beginning, man.
I've been on Mike's side since the very beginning, man.

Yah but you were seeing other creatures on the side.
Not cool man.

Show

Hmmm, for one mana what would I rather cast? Gravecrawler, Vampiric Tutor, Reanimate? Na, I'll go for Quest.

well is situational... if there are alredy creatures on the board quest can be better than crawler, reanimate (that i like a lot) is also situational and depends by the board position and what thers in the grave (sure is not something you can cast on turn 1 too)... same goes for tutor that generally you may want to play when thers something on the board that need a fast answer or to search a bomb, but is something you are going to play on turn 4+ probably (ok vs ag you can tutor for mutilate at turn 1 :P)

and btw i'm not advocating to cut the above cards for quest, but that quest is viable choice and for what i saw it can work pretty well   
Grave Titan can go, 'drifter; pained me to cut him, but he's just too late to the party most times. If you're on six lands, Corrupt is the better tutor because you either win or buy some precious time. GT is often just two Walking Corpses for six mana. Did I really just say that?

I pick Corrupt over GT as well.  That doesn't mean I don't run GT (or Mike, I have also been on board since day 1 with him).  I know you already ran both Corrupts and Mike, so exactly what did you replace for the GTs?  I could see possibly replacing 1 with Vapors.

I just realised how good Zombie Apocalypse is, as it makes minchmeat out of both the other top 3 decks, since lord of the unreal and copies there of are human.

How late am I to this party? 
Wasn't really any party for Zombie Apocalypse. It's nice, but the other 6-drops are better against all decks, as opposed to Apocalypse being amazing against 1, ok against another, and pretty bleh against the rest. This deck is constantly recycling dudes so it's not often there's a lot of juicy stuff in your graveyard to bring back, and it brings them back tapped, which won't save you if you need something to block. The other 6-drops just do more.
Wasn't really any party for Zombie Apocalypse. It's nice, but the other 6-drops are better against all decks, as opposed to Apocalypse being amazing against 1, ok against another, and pretty bleh against the rest. This deck is constantly recycling dudes so it's not often there's a lot of juicy stuff in your graveyard to bring back, and it brings them back tapped, which won't save you if you need something to block. The other 6-drops just do more.

Hmm, vs the 3 dust in Mul daya, Firewave's burn capacities, and Dimir having a few usefull humans as well, as well a quite a few kill spells and discard, I still fins it very darn usefull. I run it together with Corrupts and Mika.

Hmm, vs the 3 dust in Mul daya, Firewave's burn capacities, and Dimir having a few usefull humans as well, as well a quite a few kill spells and discard, I still fins it very darn usefull. I run it together with Corrupts and Mika.

Yeah but it's extremely situational. Against AG it's a game-winning bomb and can be quite a nice counter for the clone combo but for the rest there is no immediate response and ends up being useful only after a wiper wich is quite rare. If you're winning it doesn't help at all, and if you're losing it gives a free attack for the opponent wich will usually kill you. 

Yeah but it's extremely situational. Against AG it's a game-winning bomb and can be quite a nice counter for the clone combo but for the rest there is no immediate response and ends up being useful only after a wiper wich is quite rare. If you're winning it doesn't help at all, and if you're losing it gives a free attack for the opponent wich will usually kill you. 

You are forgetting it's also another way of getting getting back Fleshbag marauder, undead warchief or other lords and/or Geralf's messenger, who all have immediate effects on the playing field, tapped or not. That's about 10 possible creatures it works with on the go so chances are there is one or more in your graveyard by the time ya want to use this card. (It can also be played after a full out attack to get lost creatures back.) So I don't agree with you saying there is no immediate response?

You are forgetting it's also another way of getting getting back Fleshbag marauder, undead warchief or other lords and/or Geralf's messenger, who all have immediate effects on the playing field, tapped or not. That's about 10 possible creatures it works with on the go so chances are there is one or more in your graveyard by the time ya want to use this card. (It can also be played after a full out attack to get lost creatures back.) So I don't agree with you saying there is no immediate response?

So 6CMC to get one of his creatures sacrificed, or 2 dmg, or having better hits the next turn wich may be too late if you don't have board presence already, and if you do it'll just bring a couple zombies. It's always nice to have extra 2 or 4 dmg but a Corrupt does a lot better. It damages THIS turn and for a lot more. That is immediate response, not something you can might do on your next turn.

But even so, the point is that the card is very good, but yet it needs to have the creatures in the graveyard (when many times they just are getting out from other creature/spell effects). It needs to be worthy of it's cost, and while it can turn the tides of the game in a spectacular way, it will only do it 20%-30% of the times it's played. Most times there aren't a enough creatures in your graveyard or is better to summon another pumper

In the end, when it plays it's great, but most times it'll be stuck in your hand due to better options.