Magic 2014 "Deadwalkers" Decklist and Strategies

1169 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Finally! Can't wait to see mono blue!
I like it, although it seems very, very similar to the 2012 zombie deck.  But I liked that deck a lot and this looks pretty good.  Death Cloud is hilarious.
Lots of Lords :P Gonna be a pretty rough deck. Seems a lot like the 2012 version, but better :P

Also, Death Cloud and Vampiric Tutor
On first glance (from a phone at work), this looks way more aggro (and I think better?) than 2012's zombies. This may be the deck to beat, not slivers. Guess we'll see soon......
I can't wait to cast Zombie Apocolypse against the human deck.
looks scary O.o

may as well release the game now!!
Finally! Can't wait to see mono blue!

K'POWWWW!!!!

Yeah I'm good.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Wow, this deck looks like a lot of fun, OD was one of my favs in 2013 and I can't wait to play this! Death Cloud is just hilarious, I'm not sure how useful it will actually be but it just sounds fun to play, especially if a game drags on long.
On first glance (from a phone at work), this looks way more aggro (and I think better?) than 2012's zombies. This may be the deck to beat, not slivers. Guess we'll see soon......

That's what I was thinking. Got some good early threats, lots of lords to buff them, plenty of recursion. Gonna be a tough one.
woot!
Looks awesome. Has Black Cat, Death Baron, and Grave Titan like I said I was hoping for in another thread, and lots of other really cool cards.

4 x Cruel Revival, wow
2 x Tendrils of Corruption, I love this card.
Six lords, efficient zombies.

Oh my god, I just saw Grave Pact, Grave Betrayal, and Consuming Vapors. This deck is going to be very good.

Looks rather funa nd interesting to play. May I note that Sean made at typo with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed's name, which means it's not showing up.

Also here are the M14 cards (minus staff because I'm sure we know what that is):
Rise of the Darkrealms and Vial of Poison  

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

I wonder what Black Staff of the Magus is.
Actually, not all wowed by the factt hat it's a zombie deck, but it does look fun to play.

I'm assuming they fixed Endless Ranks of the Dead? Wasn't it bugged all to hell in it's last appearance?

garbage.

garbage.

Staff of the Death Magus has been spoiled, but Black Staff of the Magus is a new card.
I really like this list. 
The Staff is the healing staff that each mono color has.  I think 3 colorless gain a life for casting a spell of said color or dropping a land of said type.  Pretty much crap like Splatter said.

Black Cat!!!!!!  Lol, I love it, this is my new favorite deck with my new favorite card. ;P  Seriously though, this deck looks really fun, I love the Zombie theme (I know others are complaining about it, not sure why).  I can't wait to get my hands on all these new decks, there's not a single one that doesn't look like a lot of fun to me.  Maybe because it is all new or maybe because I am an exclusively only DotP player since the late 90s (well, I quit playing paper around then and started playing DotP in 2009).  Either way, I am pumped!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

garbage.

Staff of the Death Magus has been spoiled, but Black Staff of the Magus is a new card.

It's a misnomer of a garbage card.
The Staff is the healing staff that each mono color has.  I think 3 colorless gain a life for casting a spell of said color or dropping a land of said type.  Pretty much crap like Splatter said.

Black Cat!!!!!!  Lol, I love it, this is my new favorite deck with my new favorite card. ;P 

Best part is when the cats start turning into threats as Zombie Lords start hitting the table.
So...another Tribal list...and they couldn't get Call to the Grave working, apparently, and decided to just skip it. Also, why is Farbog Boneflinger an unlock? Man that thing is terrible.

I mean, meh, possibly powerful, but dreadfully boring and looks phoned in.  

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

I agree atheism, for 5 mana that Farbog seems like a bunch of crap, lol.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

This deck will dominate.   It's like Goblin Gangland, but can spot removal almost anything that could threaten it.  
endless ranks wasn't bugged as bad as call to the grave, if i remember right ...it was bugged in its favor...where it counted all zombies on the table not just the ones i control..
endless ranks wasn't bugged as bad as call to the grave, if i remember right ...it was bugged in its favor...where it counted all zombies on the table not just the ones i control..

Ah, okay.
I didn't play that deck much so... No surprise if I was in error.
Never bought/downloaded the 2012 zombie deck but this looks nice. With some of the cards its like a Mirror to Avacyns Glory but with no demons to mirror the angels :D

Ahh! Zombies back from the grave to haunt Duels 2014. Can't say I ever liked playing against it in 2012 and it was one of the only decks I didn't unlock fully in that game. Can't say it is my cup of tea at all...I was hoping for a Mono Black Control / Re-animator. Oh well, I'm sure some people are over the moon about it (evil people).
This deck will dominate.   It's like Goblin Gangland, but can spot removal almost anything that could threaten it.  

Haha, I dunno about that...With all the hasted buffed up goblins that got T3-T4 kills I don't think this deck will be anything as bad as GG...but I agree that it does look really solid and probably one of the better decks we have seen so far.

I don't think any decks in 2014 are at the power level of Goblins. That deck was just a hundred mile an hour wrecking ball and could get free wins against half the format.
This deck is very speedy, and much more resilient into the late game.

yeah GG could get explosive turn 4 wins, but mark my words this is the deck to beat this time around.

4 x Gravecrawler, being pumped with lords and will be endlessly replayable.  Trades become worthless.

2 (3?) x Geralf's Messenger is a a beast.    Especially because after he dies twice it is very easy to recur him.

etc. etc.  

This deck is nuts.
There are 3 Gravecrawlers, not 4.  Hopefully it'll stay that way after promos.  3 is already pushing it in this deck and this format, I think.
Well, looks like 2014 will be dominated by tribal again. I see no real competition for mono black and mono blue so far.
haha geg its like vampires and realm of illusions again!! before expansions anyways XD 
Oh look, mono-black got favored again. No really, it's hard to find cards in this card pool that are really bad. This will be one of the few decks where it's difficult to get down to 60, as opposed to struggling to get a decent 60.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Farbog Boneflinger? Really? Where's Skinrender, WotC?

Well, as far as tribal goes, Zombies are a pretty cool one to play/play against, because of all those recursion and sac outlets. I like them much more than Vampires, that's for sure.

for the deck.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Well, as far as tribal goes, Zombies are a pretty cool one to play/play against, because of all those recursion and sac outlets. I like them much more than Vampires, that's for sure.

for the deck.

OFF TOPIC: you fixed your ps3? are you going  to play this game?

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Not really a black player but this deck looks very nice.
Gravecrawlers and Geralf's messenger are going to be a house. Especially if you can bring back the messengers. My new go to deck. :p
Seems very powerful A beefed up version of the 2012 zombie deck.
I'm certainly looking forward to it.

for the deck.

OFF TOPIC: you fixed your ps3? are you going  to play this game?

I'm still out of PSN. My plans involve getting a new one this week, but I'm not sure how that will work out. I'll definetely play this years game, that's for sure. I'll grab a new PS3 either this week or by the end of August (hepefuly in time for the expansion).

/off-topic

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I always love playing with Death Cloud.