U/G Damage effected deck

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I thought this was an interesting Idea for a deck, what do you think? Any suggestions for improvments?

It seems like you want more focus on your offense and draw engine and less on defense. Propaganda and Wall of Frost are great spells, but they aren't going to make you win any faster. 

Perhaps Spire Tracer would be a good addition? She's not hexproof, but a 1-drop that's almost unblockable would go well here.

I'd also like to see more support for Bred for the Hunt. If you can get them, Master Biomancer seems great here, possibly even outclassing the Silverhearts. 

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

you only have 7 cards that give counters (Forced Adaption and Give). The chance of having one of them is not thaaat big. So your
Bred for the Hunt could be a dead card.
I would either get rid of Bred for the hunt (since it'S nearly the same as curiosity) or include more options to get +1/+1 Counters on creatures.
like [C]Master Biomancer[/C]

Mark of Sakkiko seems a little strange to me ... What are you doing with the extra mana
Other good enchantments could be the Umbras from Rise of the Eldrazi. [C]Bear Umbra[/C], [C]Snake Umbra[/C], [C]Eel Umbra[/C] ... The give your creatures a "second life" which is neat ...
Ok I'm going to go a rework the deck then repost what I come up with. While I'm doing that anymore suggestions are still welcome and may lead to a diffrent deck entirely.
It seems like you want more focus on your offense and draw engine and less on defense. Propaganda and Wall of Frost are great spells, but they aren't going to make you win any faster. 

Perhaps Spire Tracer would be a good addition? She's not hexproof, but a 1-drop that's almost unblockable would go well here.

I'd also like to see more support for Bred for the Hunt. If you can get them, Master Biomancer seems great here, possibly even outclassing the Silverhearts. 

I had the defense cards because I don't relly like going all out without some form of defense, but I'll either drop some or maybe even all of them after I play-test it and get closer to a finished(for now) deck.

I thought about the Tracers, but as they're not hexproof they'll draw any removals the oppnant has, I have the same problem with the Silerhearts but I felt he out weighs the risk.

I hadn't thought of the biomancer, I'll swap him with the wolfies if I can get them, should I invest some slots into making him Hexproof?
you only have 7 cards that give counters (Forced Adaption and Give). The chance of having one of them is not thaaat big. So your
Bred for the Hunt could be a dead card.
I would either get rid of Bred for the hunt (since it'S nearly the same as curiosity) or include more options to get +1/+1 Counters on creatures.
like [C]Master Biomancer[/C]

Mark of Sakkiko seems a little strange to me ... What are you doing with the extra mana
Other good enchantments could be the Umbras from Rise of the Eldrazi. [C]Bear Umbra[/C], [C]Snake Umbra[/C], [C]Eel Umbra[/C] ... The give your creatures a "second life" which is neat ...

Bred is almost curiosity but that's why it's here, I need the draw. I was gonna add more Curiosity effects but didn't have the room.

The mark looks strange because I forgot to add Hunter's Insight to the deck, I was going to use the mana to play all the cards I draw.

The umbras are less useful with hexproof, but I do like their other abillities, and they'd be good in case of sweepers. I may add them if I can find room.
The umbras are less useful with hexproof, but I do like their other abillities, and they'd be good in case of sweepers. I may add them if I can find room.

Whenever you find yourself putting something in a deck simply because it is good against a specific card/strategy, then it probably belongs in the sideboard.  Having said that, I do like snake umbra in this deck because it is both good against removal and a source of card draw.
ok here's my 2nd pass, what do you think?

Whenever you find yourself putting something in a deck simply because it is good against a specific card/strategy, then it probably belongs in the sideboard.  Having said that, I do like snake umbra in this deck because it is both good against removal and a source of card draw.

This is true, and normally I'd either sideboard them or do without them. However I also like the snake for more draw, and the bear would give me more blue so I can play any blue cards I draw. That's why I may make room for them.