New Player in Albuquerque, New Mexico Looking for Others!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Wizard Community!

I'm not sure exactly how many people from New Mexico actually have a Wizard profile but regardless I wanted to shout out to anyone in Albuquerque in particular. I and my brothers (ages 18-24) are getting into the D&D scene, we're looking for friendly and wholesome play with anyone interested. Nothing too crazy or evil please! The emphasis is on family-friendly and encouraging. Shoot me a message or just reply to this post if you're interested in some fun adventures with an awesome group of young guys! 
Heya Radnor....I just moved to ABQ and I'm looking for some DnD action, too...did you find anything yet?
Unfortunately there hasn't been much of a response, as evidenced by the lack of replies to this post. I know of one shop that has D&D Encounters each Wednesday night but unfortunately that conflicts with my schedule. What kind of D&D were you looking to play? I may try my hand at DMing an encounter if I can get enough intertest. 

I'm in Albuquerque. I'd like to play or even DM/share or trade off DMing duties. My old group did that once...it was great. Everyone at the table got to play and got to DM (when DMing your PC just became an NPC).

I think why you may have not gotten many replies is the 'wholesome' and 'family-friendly' and 'nothing too crazy or evil' bit.

I'm 37 with no kids. My wife and I like to have a beer, sometimes use bad language, etc. when we play. I don't want anything too serious/goofy...no monty python accents when role-playing. 

I don't like running or playing in an evil-PC campaign, but I do like creepy, and weird things to assult the PCs. I really want to do a 4e Dark Sun campaign. Classic Dark Sun; No clerics or paladins, slavery and violence are issues, but heroes are STILL generally good and, well, heroic. 

I'm more Game of Thrones/Aliens/Skyrim/etc. than Legend of Zelda/Harry Potter.

But I would hope more players/DMs in the Albuquerque area would post here, lol. I don't go to the game shops in town...As they aren't so into D&D (especially 4e). At least, that's how it seems these days.

I don't want to be an edition warrior. I think there was something good and something bad in all the editions I played. I do, however, believe that the game has gotten better over the years (and decades). I hope this holds true into the future.

Peace.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Hello

I am an old AD&D player from Second edition rules. Would love to get back into it

with a group in the Albuquerque area under current edition.

If anyone has a group willing to take on someone who needs to follow (not DM)

for awhile to come up to speed, please let me know.

[I'm Wolf. I am running a crossover game of D&D SPELLJAMMER/Castle Falkenstein/STAR FRONTIERS. It's been carefully planned out & play tested by gamers to work. ph # 505-842-0337.
[I'm Wolf. I am running a crossover game of D&D SPELLJAMMER/Castle Falkenstein/STAR FRONTIERS. It's been carefully planned out & play tested by gamers to work. ph # 505-842-0337.

I'm Wolf. I am running a crossover game of D&D SPELLJAMMER/Castle Falkekstein/STAR FRONTIERS.  It has been carefully planned out & play tested by hardcore gamers to work.  ph# 505-842-0337.

I'm Wolf. I am running a crossover game of D&D SPELLJAMMER/Castle Falkekstein/STAR FRONTIERS.  It has been carefully planned out & play tested by hardcore gamers to work.  ph# 505-842-0337.