Eladrin Relationship Ages

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eladrin live to be over 300 years old, and the very lucky, over a millennia. If an Eladrin were to get into a relationship with a person of another race(half-eladrin do exist), how should their ages line up? An Eladrin that lives to age of 300 would be 30% done with his life when he was 90; a human that lived to be 75 would be 30% done with his life at about age 23. Would an Eladrin getting into a relationship with a 23-year-old be 23, or would he/she be 90? I'm just wondering how the life expectancy differnces work between races.
I think the question in itself works under a false assumption. Namely that people can only have relationsships with people their own age.

If that were the case long lasting relationships like that aren't even possible becuase the human will grow old and the elf would stay practicly the same age.

You should also keep in mind that elves and eladrin mature relatively fast in comparison to humans so just sayin 25% of both their lifespans have passed so both are the same maturity wont work.

Basicly i would say if both are mature they could have a relationship.
The whole the-human-will-die-long-before-the-elf/eladrin problems and the whole different outlook on life because of it will make the matter of age rather moot.
Eladrin live to be over 300 years old, and the very lucky, over a millennia. If an Eladrin were to get into a relationship with a person of another race(half-eladrin do exist), how should their ages line up? An Eladrin that lives to age of 300 would be 30% done with his life when he was 90; a human that lived to be 75 would be 30% done with his life at about age 23. Would an Eladrin getting into a relationship with a 23-year-old be 23, or would he/she be 90? I'm just wondering how the life expectancy differnces work between races.

4E did away with this whole conundrum by making it a part of the official fluff that most races mature at roughly the same rate as humans. Physical, and roughly emotional, maturity is reached at the same time. At the end of their "mature" range, the longer lived races will have more years under their belts, but the same physical maturity, rendering most of the above question moot.