Cold focused Swordmage assault striker build.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just started a new eladrin Cold Assaultmage, more specifically the optimization for levels 1-10. I want him to be more damage oriented. I have a few questions.

1. What are the ideal feats to have besides the obvious (intelligent bm, eladrin swordmage advance)

2. Is there any point to silvery glow when eladrin soldier and then weapon expertise for paragon exists? Do they ever stack damage? Or times where silvery glow is better?If not, what deity should I worship?

Thanks!
I just started a new eladrin Cold Assaultmage, more specifically the optimization for levels 1-10. I want him to be more damage oriented. I have a few questions.

1. What are the ideal feats to have besides the obvious (intelligent bm, eladrin swordmage advance)

2. Is there any point to silvery glow when eladrin soldier and then weapon expertise for paragon exists? Do they ever stack damage? Or times where silvery glow is better?If not, what deity should I worship? Thanks!

You answer your first question with your second: Eladrin Soldier or Silvery Glow should be in there somewhere. Apart from that, no feats immediately come to mind. Do take the Sarifal Feywarden theme though. 

Regarding Eladrin Soldier, Silvery Glow and Weapon Focus (not expertise, since that's a bonus to your atk roll, not your dmg roll):
- Feat bonuses never stack
- Silvery Glow is better if you also do radiant damage, otherwise Eladrin Soldier works just as well during heroic. You retrain it to Icy Heart in paragon. Never take Weapon Focus if you mostly do cold damage. 
- Deity doesn't matter at all for Swordmages, unless you go for Silvery Glow or Morninglord.
I recently asked about worshipping deities, and just wanted to point out that you may worship multiple deities for the purposes of meeting requirements. So you could take Silvery Glow AND the Morninglord PP (which was exactly what I was curious about). 
any chance of you going fighter or rogue for charge optimization?

Now, I myself have a question: is Bralani Wintersoul any good as PP for the OP ?
Malec-Keth is better if you want dual-type optimization
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
which one would be better: fire or lightning?
Depends on your paragon path, weapon choice and item availability. Also see: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...