Expansions for the D&D Board Games?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know it's been a while, but I have a lovely box of Wrath of Ashardalon and I was wondering if there is ever going to be an expansion for WoA or the other related games CR or LoD. I'll even support a Kickstarter for it.
My guess is no. WotC has a habit of dropping lines right after (and I mean right after) they are released. They also don't communicate to their fans if the line is dead or not.

It is why I didn't buy Dungeon Command. Why bother getting into something when they are just going to cancel it? I have been vindicated with my decision as there have been no announced releases after Blood of Gruumsh.  And guess what? Not a peep from WotC on the future of this line!
The Dungeon Command games include cards that allow the minis to be used in the Adventure System games (Ravenloft, Ashardalon, and Drizzt). They are all enemies except for the Cormyr faction pack which includes cards allowing for a number of allies to join the heroes. All together, they freshen up the adventure system games and allow for a lot more thematic play. For example, I always add the orc faction pack (Blood of Gruumsh) to Ashardalon and remove the abberrant cards if I want a more traditional orc+dragon adventure.

The DC sets are quite expensive just as expansion packs, but don't forget you also get a game with them which is really quite fun, so I see it as a 2-for-1.