CubeTutor.com

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know this forum is a dead zone, but the art of cubing is alive and well.  I just wanted to make everyone aware of this site and how completely awesome it is for maintaining and analyzing your cube.  You can draft your cube, as well as anyone else's, and build your draft deck.  The site has been up almost a month, and it's improving all the time.

Here's a link to my peasant cube on CubeTutor: www.cubetutor.com/cubeblog/115

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Wow, that website is really cool. Thanks for the link. Gonna have to put some time into that.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Wow, that website is really cool. Thanks for the link. Gonna have to put some time into that.

I actually just happened to see your name in the Cube Index and drafted your cube.  It looks like a lot of fun!  I dig the theme a lot.  That site though, is incredible.  The developer is adding features and improving usability on an almost daily basis.

I actually just happened to see your name in the Cube Index and drafted your cube.  It looks like a lot of fun!  I dig the theme a lot.  That site though, is incredible.  The developer is adding features and improving usability on an almost daily basis.

Have you drafted the developer's cube?  He has all of his signed and altered and promo cards uploaded individually.  It looks really cool.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin

Have you drafted the developer's cube?  He has all of his signed and altered and promo cards uploaded individually.  It looks really cool.

I haven't yet, but I have seen his list and how he has alters and such loaded.  He said in an update recently that he wants to be able to offer the same functionality to everyone else.  What I'd really like is for the images to reflect the set I chose, which I think will happen soon.  I wouldn't be caught dead with a non-Mirage Incinerate.

I've mainly drafted other peasant cubes to get ideas for my own, but the "ZachSellsMagic" cube is pretty good too.  The guys a friend of mine and I'm hoping to draft his cube for real soon.

I haven't yet, but I have seen his list and how he has alters and such loaded.  He said in an update recently that he wants to be able to offer the same functionality to everyone else.  What I'd really like is for the images to reflect the set I chose, which I think will happen soon.  I wouldn't be caught dead with a non-Mirage Incinerate.

I've mainly drafted other peasant cubes to get ideas for my own, but the "ZachSellsMagic" cube is pretty good too.  The guys a friend of mine and I'm hoping to draft his cube for real soon.

I definitely want the sets to be reflected.  For example, in my cube, I have two copies of Leonin Skyhunter.  One is a foil from the original Mirrodin, one is a foil from Mirrodin Besieged.  It was one of the ways I tried to connect the two planes.  But they both come up as the Besieged version, which kinda makes me feel dumb. lol.  

It's still quite nice, and I can't wait to see how far he goes with it. 
I like what you're doing with the Leonin Skyhunters.  Like I said, your cube sounds really cool.  I was actually considering doing something similar, but I don't have nearly enough Fifth Dawn to round it out.  Maybe I'll do an Innistrad one if and when we get a return trip there. 

I like what you're doing with the Leonin Skyhunters.  Like I said, your cube sounds really cool.  I was actually considering doing something similar, but I don't have nearly enough Fifth Dawn to round it out.  Maybe I'll do an Innistrad one if and when we get a return trip there. 

That's become like 80% of my anticipation in a return to Innistrad.  It's ridiculous how loved that block is.  It hasn't even rotated, and everybody and their mother already wants to go back.
I miss it already, too.  It had almost impeccable design and it oozed flavor.  I don't know if I actually want to go back, though.  One of the reasons I like it so much is that I was sick and tired of Mirrodin/New Phyrexia by the end of Scars block.  I'm feeling the same way about Ravnica.  Return trips are boring.

But if they did go back to Innistrad, a cube would happen.

Someone talked about this on Twitter (can't remember who) but I kinda lost interest because of the horrible file support.

Edit: After posting this, I felt bad for not giving the website a chance, so I just copy/pasted all the card fields from my spreadsheet into a notepad doc and uploaded it.

Its missing like 20 cards, and I'm too lazy to find out what they are. There's also duplicates that I noticed which aren't in my spreadsheet. (edit edit: one of the three duplicates actually was my fault, when I moved Hybrid cards out of my multicolored section I forgot to remove Turn to Mist from UW)

There also isn't a way to delete the entire cube, so that I can just try and put it back in again. So, all in all not super impressed by that part of the site. But I looked around, and it seems like it'd be useful.

(at)MrEnglish22

Someone talked about this on Twitter (can't remember who) but I kinda lost interest because of the horrible file support.

Edit: After posting this, I felt bad for not giving the website a chance, so I just copy/pasted all the card fields from my spreadsheet into a notepad doc and uploaded it.

Its missing like 20 cards, and I'm too lazy to find out what they are. There's also duplicates that I noticed which aren't in my spreadsheet. (edit edit: one of the three duplicates actually was my fault, when I moved Hybrid cards out of my multicolored section I forgot to remove Turn to Mist from UW)

There also isn't a way to delete the entire cube, so that I can just try and put it back in again. So, all in all not super impressed by that part of the site. But I looked around, and it seems like it'd be useful.

I had the same problem.  It's the cards with either apostrophes and/or commas.  It took me a while to find everything, but after I did it works great. 

Yes, there is, or was, a way to do this.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
This site be the dope notes. I look forward to drafting everybody's cubes!

Just to generate more activity in this section of the forums, I just wanted to let everyone know (if they didn't already) that recent updates to CubeTutor finally allow set-specific card images!  Now everyone will know that I use a Mirage Incinerate!  That sounds sarcastic but I really like this update (and the art on that particular Incinerate).

Thanks for drawing attention to this! I came across CubeTutor a few days ago based on a tip I picked up over on MTG Salvation. Site is the frikkin bee's knees!

Here is a link to my C/Ube: http://cubetutor.com/cubeblog/3769 It is still a bit of a work in progress, but whatever. Let me know what you think!

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

SgtPepperjack wrote:

Thanks for drawing attention to this! I came across CubeTutor a few days ago based on a tip I picked up over on MTG Salvation. Site is the frikkin bee's knees!

Here is a link to my C/Ube: http://cubetutor.com/cubeblog/3769 It is still a bit of a work in progress, but whatever. Let me know what you think!

My draft of your cube: http://cubetutor.com/cubedeck/30247, a pretty formidable-looking Rakdos deck.  Anyway, the cube does look really fun, but you need to add at least twenty more cards!  I'm wondering, though, if you're simply waiting for Theros.

Yes and no. I have three of each Guildgate in for fixing in the physical Cube at the moment, but I havn't found an 'adjust quantity' option on CubeTutor, so the other two copies of each Guildgate account for the missing cards you noticed. It's no big deal, anyway, because I have a suite of other lands I'm planning to add.

I also have a ton of Theros cards I'm planning to add, upgarding a few cards and phasing out most of the lame-duck artifacts that are littering my cube at the moment.

EDIT: Okay, how does one format deck tags to not look silly?

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

I have added a few cards from Theros to my cube. When does cubetutor.com usually add new sets so I can update my list?

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

re4leonkennedy wrote:

I have added a few cards from Theros to my cube. When does cubetutor.com usually add new sets so I can update my list?

Whenever the site they use for their images uploads their database for new sets, CubeTutor will get it.  He'll post an update, but keep in mind that even though the prerelease has happened, Theros hasn't actually been released yet.  I bet it'll be there this week.

I've got some Theros stuff to add too.

Because of this, cube tutor is the 3rd most visited site on my browser. Thanks a lot 

http://www.cubetutor.com/draft/2180 You guys should post your drafts and your URLs so I can draft yours :D

an_endless_epidemic wrote:

Because of this, cube tutor is the 3rd most visited site on my browser. Thanks a lot 

http://www.cubetutor.com/draft/2180 You guys should post your drafts and your URLs so I can draft yours :D

Aww...you're welcome!  CubeTutor definitely filled a void.  Also, will do!  Endless, this is my draft of your cube:http://www.cubetutor.com/cubedeck/73705

I have a peasant cube at: http://www.cubetutor.com/draft/115

http://www.cubetutor.com/draft/3104

There's my cube if you want to draft it. Still need to update cubetutor for a few changes though. 

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

re4leonkennedy wrote:

http://www.cubetutor.com/draft/3104

There's my cube if you want to draft it. Still need to update cubetutor for a few changes though. 

My draft of your cube:http://www.cubetutor.com/cubedeck/75481

This was apparently the second time I had drafted it, and I went Naya again.  I do gravitate toward those colors, but it's almost too good for me to pass up in your cube.

Yeah, that seems to be a common occurrence. I was talking with someone a few days ago while cubing that I needed to make black and blue more appealing. Basically I think I need to acquire some blue and black cards that fit with my cube and don't cost a fortune. Also need to acquire some good dimir and azorius cards to better support those guilds. Any card suggestions would be helpful. The cube is still very much a work in progress. 

re4leonkennedy wrote:

Yeah, that seems to be a common occurrence. I was talking with someone a few days ago while cubing that I needed to make black and blue more appealing. Basically I think I need to acquire some blue and black cards that fit with my cube and don't cost a fortune. Also need to acquire some good dimir and azorius cards to better support those guilds. Any card suggestions would be helpful. The cube is still very much a work in progress. 

Hmmm...I really have the most experience with my own cube, which is Peasant, but off the top of my head, Murder of Crows is an all-star.  Warden of Evos Isle, Lantern Spirit, Man-o-War, Mist Raven, Cryptic Annelid, Phantom Warrior and Latch Seeker seem good too. For black, I like Sengir Vampire, Gatekeeper of Malakir, Woebearer, Morkrut Banshee and Hypnotic Specter.  For your guilds, I like Haunter of Nightveil, Blizzard Specter, Mundungu, Hazerider Drake, Tempest Drake and Ascended Lawmage.  Most of these are just random examples from my cube.  I'm kind of stuck in the Peasant mentality so I couldn't think of many rares.  I hope this wasn't completely useless!

Sign In to post comments