Your Two Favorite Creatures

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
My number one favourite creature would be Drow Wizard.
Second fave would be Drow Priestess.
And no, before you ask or assume, I'm not partial to drow or anything. 

So anyway, what's your two favourite creatures in Dungeon Command?
As a drow fan I join your choise. Wizard good at his range and cheap INT creature. Pristess awesome to make domination\control on the field. + lolth`s blessing = best creature))

Lets separate understanding of "favorite creature" .  I like Ogre for art. Well painted and made at all. Look like very dangerous enemy. Second is Earth elemental. Very nice miniature.

If we talk about power of creture I`ll choose  Dwarf Cleric for instant ability to heal allies. + STR CON WIS, 3 LV. As for me its usefull stats. Nice support. And second is .. i dont know) I like Horned Devill for good control (taping) and reach ability, but Umber Hulk seems has stronger ability to control position of enemies. 
Halfling sneak and hobgoblin soldier.
My Dark Sun Campaign "Shards of a Broken Crown" http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shards-of-a-broken-crown
Halfling sneak and hobgoblin soldier.

Not to be rude, everyone has their own preferences, but... are you trolling? I guss the sneak is ok since you can do funny things with adventurer and flanking but the hobgoblin soldier to me is just... bleh. Yeah an extra 10 hp is ok, but he only does 20 damage, has no special ability, and he's only CON. I'd rather have 1.5 skeleton warriors out or a skeletal tomb gaurdian in a CON only situation.

I really like the vampire for the potential damage he brings and the access to such a variety of cards he has. CON DEX CHA means you could potentially attach undaunted surge so he hits for 40, hypnotic gaze someone over to you and then drop a quick jab or two. Oh and not to mention you can do all this after coming out of stealth, with poison attached... and oh yeah you have access to furious bellow and stomp, some of the biggest cards in the game. And he heals himself? Riposte to prevent damage and heal yourself? What's not to love?

Ok second favourite is war wizard. Again a level 4 with 30 damage... I know I'm boring. but he can use heroic surge which is big and also fireball which is bigger and probably my favourite dnd spell of all time and definitely my favourite order. It's probably no surprise then that I use the war wizard mini as my dnd mini. Oh and Mage hand plus gout of fire can be really mean!
Drow assassin, skeletal lancer?
My Dark Sun Campaign "Shards of a Broken Crown" http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shards-of-a-broken-crown
Orc Chieftain and Hyonotic Spirit
Bugbear(Dex Con Str) for murder death kill untap bullsh!t...
Vamp(Con Dex Cha), Yes sir! last for days...
Wolfrider(Dex Cha)is a fave, can be a beast with damage....
all level fours.

Now four sculpts I like the boar just looks cool caught in action. also the Orc cleric, dude looks like he is going to do some damage.

Shout outs to the,
goblin champ, dudes cool
shadow mastiff, like but dont use
Disciple of Kyuss, level four and is more useful than the war wiz..
Dwarf Cleric, a must for support
Drow Priestess, makes the right team just better..
Big mofos  Troll/Oger

NOW FOR THE MOST USELESS CREATURES:
                        ZOMBIES
                        Skeletal Lancers
                        Owlbears
I'm going to leave Bugbear Berserker off my list because he's broken and needs to be nerfed.

1.  Vampire Stalker (I seem to try and put him in several of my war bands because his abilities + lvl means he can do everything.
2.  Dracolich, because the mini looks cool and Int + Cha in a flying package is fun.

I actually like the Owlbear in my beast warband, he's 100 HP for lvl 4 which means he is a survivor, but he's not a fave.  Not as big a fan of War Wizard because he is fragile.  I agree with Mythologicore that I like Disciple of Kyuss in that spot more because at least he's a bit acidic to whatever gets close.  Once WW gets stuck in base-to-base, his advantages melt away. 
Interesting! Keep it coming, folks. Yeah, I'm talking to you lurkers out there Tongue Out

2.  Dracolich, because the mini looks cool and Int + Cha in a flying package is fun.

~snipped

Would you mind explaining that ? Is it any good?

The dracolich is actually quite good. I only ended up running it because I was out of other figures for an int focused deck, but it was surprisingly useful. The copper dragon is pretty bad because its aoe is so easily countered, but the dracolich is much easier to hit multiple targets with since they can basically be anywhere within 5 range. If you are actually dishing out 60 damage per turn, which is very possible, it's totally worth the 6 levels of leadership. Plus it's relatively tanky, can cloud of bats away, can do terrifying revelation unassisted, can shield, warning shout, death sentance etc. very big toolbox of useful orders

the only thing I hate about it is how often it knocks over other figures because its so damn big and awkward. Definitely scary looking though 

I actually like the Owlbear in my beast warband, he's 100 HP for lvl 4 which means he is a survivor, but he's not a fave.  

Hmmm I think Drider much better - 4 lv, 10 speed, 20 atk, drow-spider-aberrant.  Scuttle. 
Regarding the game stats the Vampire is my favorite.
Regarding the sculpt, it's the Horned Devil.
It's hard for me to pick just 2.

Lich Necromancer--especially with Snig, it's very fun to pop new guys in the middle of the map at the start of your turn...and 30dmg at range is just great. 

Orc Archer--20dmg at range for a lvl 2 piece is an excellent bargain

Other personal notables:
Ogre (love him w a Vorpal sword!), Dracolich, War Wizard, Umber Hulk/Earth Elemental, Drow Wizard. 
I am taking a different approach to picking my favorites based by choosing a couple the most difficult and least favorite to face.

Drow Priestess - with the right order card has ability to pull multiple order cards per round.  Order cards are the difference between winning & losing.
Hypnotic Spirit - can be tactically placed in a way that is difficult to break through insubstantial, but with phasing can get out and use some powerful order cards.

I have to restrain myself not to overextend in trying to destroy either of these in a game, making them more challenging to face.

Close call on a bunch of others: Bugbear Berserker, War Wizard, Dracolich, Ogre, & Dwarven Defender.
The dracolich is actually quite good. I only ended up running it because I was out of other figures for an int focused deck, but it was surprisingly useful. The copper dragon is pretty bad because its aoe is so easily countered, but the dracolich is much easier to hit multiple targets with since they can basically be anywhere within 5 range. If you are actually dishing out 60 damage per turn, which is very possible, it's totally worth the 6 levels of leadership. Plus it's relatively tanky, can cloud of bats away, can do terrifying revelation unassisted, can shield, warning shout, death sentence etc. very big toolbox of useful orders

the only thing I hate about it is how often it knocks over other figures because its so damn big and awkward. Definitely scary looking though 

I completely agree with everything you said about the Dracolich. Not too sure about the Copper Dragon though. Maybe you could play with an Umber Hulk to slide a target into position for copper dragon to follow up with an attack?

My personal two favorites, based on level, having multiple ability types, overall usefullness are: Dwarf Cleric and Vampire Stalker. Between the two of them almost every card is playable. They use up an appropriate amount of leadership/morale. Having three abilities each makes playing a wide variety of decks possible. There are just so many choices available for what they can do.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/17.jpg)

I completely agree with everything you said about the Dracolich. Not too sure about the Copper Dragon though. Maybe you could play with an Umber Hulk to slide a target into position for copper dragon to follow up with an attack?

Earth elemental slam, the forceful strike card, the forceblast int card - notice they're all out of the box cormyr. Makes sense. Another good option is fear - then you can get multiple people together and really come out ahead of what a dracolich could do. But it's tricky and costs cards while the dracolich doesn't need nearly as much effort to be effective.

Yes. Did you notice it's almost exactly identical to the Drow Wizard?
Oh, I guess I hadn't, lol!  The Drow Wizard is situationally better then, since he can use the Int cards and has the various Drow affinities.

I actually like the Owlbear in my beast warband, he's 100 HP for lvl 4 which means he is a survivor, but he's not a fave.  

Hmmm I think Drider much better - 4 lv, 10 speed, 20 atk, drow-spider-aberrant.  Scuttle. 

But not a beast ;)
The dracolich is actually quite good. I only ended up running it because I was out of other figures for an int focused deck, but it was surprisingly useful. The copper dragon is pretty bad because its aoe is so easily countered, but the dracolich is much easier to hit multiple targets with since they can basically be anywhere within 5 range. If you are actually dishing out 60 damage per turn, which is very possible, it's totally worth the 6 levels of leadership. Plus it's relatively tanky, can cloud of bats away, can do terrifying revelation unassisted, can shield, warning shout, death sentance etc. very big toolbox of useful orders

Ditto.  I've been away for a little bit and hadn't followed up on Silvarion's question about Dracolich, but Comrade One has very eloquently summed it up for me.  Thanks CO!

Yes. Did you notice it's almost exactly identical to the Drow Wizard?

Oh, I guess I hadn't, lol!  The Drow Wizard is situationally better then, since he can use the Int cards and has the various Drow affinities.

Not to mention the adventurer key word ;)  That's why I love coming back to read this forum.  Makes me take a second look at some overlooked minis in DC, or be reminded of how good some of the widely-acknowledged staples really are.
Orc Cleric of Gruumsh and Horned Devil (even though I don't have the expansion set, it looks cool)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/14.jpg)

Owlbear and Orc Druid.

I just think they're great sculpts and have lots of fun options.  The beasts are a lot of fun to play with.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
I only have the Drow set (boyfriend has the Undead set), and I'd have to say the Drow Priestess is my all-time favorite. I love drawing multiple Order cards, and with the rest of the cards included in the set, she's able to scrap her way in and out of battles if needed. Second would be the Demonweb Spider, since it's so fast (with Aliszandra as the hero), albeit weak, and I like not having to worry about it dying since it only takes 1 morale away.