Animate dead+Fiend hunter Question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I was wondering if you Animate Dead a creature then Fiend Hunter the Creature, when the Fiend hunter leaves the battlefield would the creature return to play or go to the Graveyard?
So I was wondering if you Animate Dead a creature then Fiend Hunter the Creature, when the Fiend hunter leaves the battlefield would the creature return to play or go to the Graveyard?

It will return to the battlefield.  The card became a new object when it was exiled, so it lost its connection to Animate Dead.  When Animate Dead's ability triggers, the creature it refers to no longer exists.

Cool, thats what I thought but wanted to be sure. THANKS!
Sorry,I pretty confuse in the situation.
Do you mean if I cast animate dead target a creature in a graveyard,then return that creature to the field, then cast fiend hunter and choose that creature to be target of the hunter's ETB ability?
Or animate dead target the hunter in a graveyard,then return hunter to the field (which his ETB ability will be triggered)?

I'm not a native English speaker and be newbie for magic too,sorry if this question maybe look silly. Embarassed

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

Sorry,I pretty confuse in the situation.
Do you mean if I cast animate dead target a creature in a graveyard,then return that creature to the field, then cast fiend hunter and choose that creature to be target of the hunter's ETB ability?
Or animate dead target the hunter in a graveyard,then return hunter to the field (which his ETB ability will be triggered)?

I'm not a native English speaker and be newbie for magic too,sorry if this question maybe look silly. 

Fiend Hunter targeting the creature with Animate Dead.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.