Need Help Picking a Class

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I'm joing a group with a Dragonborn Paladon, a Half-Orc Barbarian, a Goliath Blackguard, and a Half-Orc Monk, they have no controller or striker. I'm trying to find a class that has good ranged attacks and is able to take care of themself (And able to take some damage) when it comes close, but is still somewhat a controller or leader. I don't care what race it is just looking for ideas. Any advice is good.
Warlord would be great for this, especially with so many melee attackers that actually have a decent basic attack.

Happy Gaming
I'd love to see a Pixie lazylord command that group of strong big warriors Wink
I feel that you have no one in the party that has a high Wisdom score. I guess I would suggest a Shaman as they have some lazy powers, can soak up damage through their spirit, and are great controllers. Other, more my style, options would be:

• Shaman/Wizard

• Cleric/Shaman

• Invoker/Wizard

• Avenger/Wizard

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

So I'm joing a group with a Dragonborn Paladon, a Half-Orc Barbarian, a Goliath Blackguard, and a Half-Orc Monk, they have no controller or striker. I'm trying to find a class that has good ranged attacks and is able to take care of themself (And able to take some damage) when it comes close, but is still somewhat a controller or leader. I don't care what race it is just looking for ideas. Any advice is good.

Your party is mostly Strikers.

You need a Controler or Leader.

I suggest a Warlord, the ranged one works but also this is the kind of party the At Will "Inevitable Wave" was built for, Charge!

Shaman is a nice healer/controler option thats ranged and depending on your focus changes its role quite a bit. Though most the good effects need your Spirit to be adjacent to enemies/allies and with this many melee characters crowding is going to be a issue.

Ardent or Bard would really help buff the rest of your team up and debuff enemies by proxy.

Druid is worth a look (The non-animal shape focused one)

Wizard/Invoker are going to cause you problems with crowding again. (And friendly fire)

Though you may also be lacking important skills with that party collection, so Rogue comes to mind (Crossbow focused to avoid the crowding again).

So hmmm looking at your party your hurting on some skills, a reliable way to heal. Shaman/Druid look to compensate best. You may want to pick up Theivery from a background though.