Cleric subclass names: make "Lifegiver", "Lightbringer", the names of the actual subclass

Since other classes will have distinct names for each subclass (for example, the Fighter subclasses: Warrior, Knight, and Gladiator), how about making the existing generic deity/portfolio name from the Playtest the name of the Cleric subclass.

Cleric subclasses:
-Lifegiver (the Basic Cleric, the typical healer)
-Lightbringer
-Protector
-Trickster
-Warbringer

In this way, it will be clearer that a single deity could have Clerics from different subclasses. For example, Apollo could have Lifegivers and Lightbringers.

If more or better names are needed, appropriate specialty priest names from the Forgotten Realms might be "genericized". For example, if there were a Cleric subclass devoted to magic, the subclass could be called a "Magistrati".

This is actually what Mearls suggested.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

This is actually what Mearls suggested.

Great minds think alike?...
Those aren't subclasses, though. Those are builds. A subclass should have a different group of class features, not just Clerics of different domains. If it's worthy of being a subclass instead of just a build variant, then it should at least replace like 50% of the base class's features.
I tend to refer to Clerics by their deity archetype anyway, and have always ruled that deities can have multiple domains. For instance, many deities could have lifegiver worshipers, since healing and destroying undead are basic services provided by most temples in D&D. Thor could just as likely be stormcaller as warbringer. If you worshiped Lucifer, you might be a trickster or a lightbringer. Possibilities are vast, and I think the open-ended way that D&D Next has handled religion is one of its strong points.
build and subclass and kit are all the same thing.  Not in 4e logic, of course, but they are in DDN logic.

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

I think DDN struck the right balance. "Lightbringer" is not a diety, its just a domain archetype that has no connection to any specific diety. It gives each compaign more freedom. A DM who likes dieties to have mechanical elements can force all clerics of Pelor to use the Lightrbinger, whereas a DM who prefers to keep RP and mechanical elements seperate, can loosen the reigns and say some clerics of Pelor are lightbringers and others are lifegivers or protectors.
I like keeping it deity focused, as Campaign world's are released I think people will start seeing how deities maintain multiple archetypes. Druids, Paldins, and Monks and other classes can be included in this.

For example:
Sehanine Moonbow
Her priesthood is made up of Clerics who view her as a Lifegiver, Lover, and Trickster deity, as well as Warden Paladins, and Moon Circle Druids.

Moradin
His priesthood is made up of Clerics who view him as a Guardian, Mountain Parent, and Warbringer deity, as well as Cavalier Paladins and Runepriests, as well as a few Stone Circle druids.

I would like to eventually see Paladins and other have some sort of ability to choose Deity abilities as well. Perhaps a Specialty suite of feats or a prestige class.
I like keeping it deity focused, as Campaign world's are released I think people will start seeing how deities maintain multiple archetypes. Druids, Paldins, and Monks and other classes can be included in this.

For example:
Sehanine Moonbow
Her priesthood is made up of Clerics who view her as a Lifegiver, Lover, and Trickster deity, as well as Warden Paladins, and Moon Circle Druids.

Moradin
His priesthood is made up of Clerics who view him as a Guardian, Mountain Parent, and Warbringer deity, as well as Cavalier Paladins and Runepriests, as well as a few Stone Circle druids.

I would like to eventually see Paladins and other have some sort of ability to choose Deity abilities as well. Perhaps a Specialty suite of feats or a prestige class.

Love this, though I'm really sad but I think Runepriest is going to disappear.  :/  One of my favourite 4e classes.  Just couldn't get traction.