artifact creatures

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm planning on building a deck with a artifact creature focus. What would you consider the best artifact creatures? Its for commander, so cmc is not an issue. I'm just looking for creatures that are good on their own, or that play well with other artifacts.
Frogmite, Myr Enforcer and Mycosynth Golem are good starting points.
Good start...
 gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Defaul...

some of my faves....

If you have money, ravenger is what you want. If you dont have the money, myr can be fun. Either way you want urzatron
Artifacts and artifact creatures aren't nessessarily colorless these days, so knowing the color identity of your general is still impotant. Future Sight introduced the first artifact with a colored mana cost (Sarcomite Myr), but even before that, there was Transguild Courier. Shards of Alara block (specifically the Esper shard) got many colored artifacts. Scars of Mirrodin block has them, too. So, what colors is your general?
I didn't mention color, since the vast majority are colorless, but my general will be Rakdos, Lord of Riots.  Its yet another of my oddball deck ideas.  Seemed like a good way to take advantage of his cost reduction was to use mostly colorless creatures.  I have a Mycosynth Golem already, And the Urza Lands.  I'm just looking for opinions and suggestions for other creatures to add in. 
Anything Modular.
Buffed up Gemini Engine can be fun.
Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang.

Edit: not sure if you can play the fang in EDH. 

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Anything Modular.
Buffed up Gemini Engine can be fun.
Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang.

Edit: not sure if you can play the fang in EDH. 

It's not banned. Why wouldn't you be able to play it?
The doubt may arise from the word "blue" in the card's text. But this does not factor into its color identity, so it can be played in any Commander deck.
The doubt may arise from the word "blue" in the card's text. But this does not factor into its color identity, so it can be played in any Commander deck.

This. The op`s general is . Was not sure since I never played EDH.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Sign In to post comments