Case Study in Dementia: Scavenger's Paradise (where CG meats TCG)

1 post / 0 new
My inspiration comes from a recent ICD that tries to simulate Canasta, a card game from the Rummy family. It did a fine job, but thinking about it made me realize that there was a different part of Canasta that would be even more fun to add to Magic. I also created two varients, one a little more true to the concept, the other a little more zany/powerful.

Scavenger's Paradise
Enchantment
If a player would draw a card, instead that player may play the top card of any of that player's opponent's graveyards.
If a card a player controls would be put into one of their opponents' graveyards, exile it instead.

Scavenger's Paradise
Enchantment
Player's may play cards from their opponent's graveyards.
If a card a player controls would be put into one of their opponents' graveyards, exile it instead.

I'm not sure exactly how to word that last clause, but the idea is to keep your opponent's Rite of Flames from being infinite mana and their Manamorphoses from being instant concessions. While that might be technically fair (because it isn't like you can force your opponent to run those cards), it also isn't very fun either.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!