American Commando[RWU based around blaze commando]

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

Have to love, its ability triggers even when you nail creatures as well. This is more or less a fun deck made to use burn the opponent and his creatures, and have blaze commando throw out guys while you do.

Land (23)

Sorcery (4)

Couldn't help it. 
I wonder if having cards that also copies spells would cause him to go off as well?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I wonder if having cards that also copies spells would cause him to go off as well?

If they deal damage by copying a burn spell, I am sure he would, because he makes the token when the damage is dealt, not when you cast a burn spell.

If they deal damage by copying a burn spell, I am sure he would, because he makes the token when the damage is dealt, not when you cast a burn spell.

I like the name of your build alot, but I think you might have a better chance of breaking Blaze Commando's token creation ability if you go with Naya colors and use Clan Defiance - simply because it can trigger the Commando 3 times. I took the following straight from Gatherer -

Blaze Commando’s ability triggers each time an instant or sorcery spell you control deals damage (or, put another way, the number of times the word “deals” appears in its instructions), no matter how much damage is dealt or how many players or permanents are dealt damage. For example, if you cast Punish the Enemy and it “deals 3 damage to target player and 3 damage to target creature,” Blaze Commando’s ability will trigger once and you’ll get two Soldier tokens.

So with that in mind, when you read the text of Clan Defiance you will see just what I mean... if you have the three targets you can create 6 tokens with just 3 mana.

With the right amount of ramp, direct damage spells and another popular minotaur, a Naya Commando might be a pretty nasty build...

I have tried the Naya version, that was the first one I built, though it  was probably an issue with the built itself[as in not that great], but this one has tested better.
The 3 charms of the deck, have been helping alot of keeping control of the board, Nivix cyclops has also been a big player in making this deck work, by providing another wincon and/or wall to stop aggro decks. 

And I know, you only get 2 tokens per burn card, no matter how many targets it hits.