Captain's Inspection

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
One that I am flip-flopping on however; for this build would you consider Birthing Pod or Angel of Jubilation to be a better addition?  I almost added both, but upon realizing that the angel shuts down my own pod...lol.

Strike that from the record, I just realized that it would not only shut down pod, but also the loot as well.
trostani, selesnya's voice
day of destiny
serra's sanctum (if u can swing it)
gaea's cradle (hats off to u if u can swing this one)
rofellos, llanowar emissary (he's just silly, in effect and cost)
eiganjo castle
gaddock teeg
seedborn muse 

1.  I keep hesitating on her...for me, I feel if I'm not using both her trigger and ability, I'm wasting a slot.  Push me on that, tell me some stories.
2.  I think I have a friend with that for trade...thanks for the heads up.
3.  A land that will(at best) give me 6 mana, and at worst 0?  Too wishy-washy I think, even for a legendary land.
4.  Not until my return comes in, lol.
5.  I'll keep my eyes open, but I have never seen him.  A little hesitant about using online stores too...had some bad experiences with the last few orders(from different stores, mind you).  Would like to include, though...
6.  ...meh, but could be useful for 'skin of teeth' saves.
7.  I count 13 noncreature spells that would be blocked by Teeg in my deck.  Perhaps once upon a time, but not now...
8.  If anyone would ever let it go...lol  Again, I'll keep my eyes open.  I already need one for my Mayael deck.
Why the elf tribal sub-theme? I count 4 elves that would be good in your deck regardless (counting the Archdruid here), and 4 elves plus Nissa Revane that are there purely to have more elves.

It seems like you'd either want more elves, or less elves. Where you are at appears to be an unhappy medium. 

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

The elf tribal sub-theme is there(for the most part) to provide mana ramp.  As I get more legendaries, I will drop them.  I do agree that a good portion of my elves are there to take advantage of Nissa or making Elvish Archdruid make obscene amounts of mana, but I still think it provides a solid distraction, if nothing else, while I bring the legendaries online.  As I said though, I will phase out the elves as more legendaries join my collection.

Out of curiosity, what are the other three you saw as worthwhile?  Kaysa(she's been errata'd to be an elf), Yeva, and Ezuri?  I feel Tolsimir, Oracle and Argothian Elder provide a good deal of utility too, and given the prevalence of green in EDH as a whole, Champion can provide some pause.  But that's my opinion...I will definitely keep your assessments in mind.
I didn't realize Kaysa was an elf and forgot about Tolsimir. I guess really I was just looking at non-legendaries.

Useful for deck: Yeva, Archdruid, Argothian Elder, Oracle of Mul-Daya, Elvish Piper. I think I missed the Oracle on the last run through.
Useful in an elf deck, but not necessarily in a Sisay/Legend deck: Ezuri, Nissa, Elvish Champion, Nissa's Chosen, Masked Admirers. Ezuri is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about with either wanting more elves for the Overrun, or less elves and get rid of Ezuri as well. Nissa pretty much the same: You want more for more +life, or less and get rid of Nissa in the bargain.

Now, if one of your legendaries was Rhys the Redeemed, that's a whole other ballgame. Introducing elf tokens into the mix makes the Druid, Ezuri, and Nissa all better. Replacing Masked Admirers and Elvish Champion with Rhys and an Imperious Perfect would go a long way, imo.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

Fair enough...I've had to explain a number of times that Kaysa's been errata'd that way to my meta, so it don't even bother me.

I agree with your 'useful, but not here' list except for champion.  Again, green is pretty prevalent among EDH in general, let alone my meta.  I feel having 'suddenly, FORESTWALK' show up can tip the game in my favor, or divert a kill spell to it instead of something else.  Nissa was there for sac outlets to either pod or monument as needed.  It was the primary reason the chosen were even in there, too.  I had never seen a Rhys the Redeemed...but now I REALLY want one, along with the perfect gal.  Thanks to your advice, I know which ones will be pitched to make room for them. 

Truth be told, most of these elves were remnants from when tree-hugger supreme used to be in my deck...
Well that answers another question: I was wondering what you were sac'ing to the Monument. So your plan was either Nissa plus her chosen, or Masked Admirers. That being the case, Rhys/Perfect tokens could also be useful for those occasions when you haven't drawn Nissa or the Admirers yet.....Or Nissa has been killed.

Yeah, I was figuring on that too...of course, in my last game, Tolsimir Wolfblood was doing very well in getting me tokens to sac with Quest for Renewal.  But with that being the only 'loop' if I pitch Nissa and her chosen ones, it will obviously have to wait...that, or I can pitch the monument for Akroma's Memorial.
Even more minor of a change...

Tooth and Nail(in) - Again, seriously?

Masked Admirers(out) - CAN be good, but not at this time, I feel.  I might change my mind and put them back in, though.
Sign In to post comments