Vampire

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am thinking of trying a vampire but they can be destroyed by sunlight is there anything that may prevent that aside from the obvious in either not making one or a heavy cloak?
"destroyed" is a bit of an overstatement, it's a bit of damage and getting weakened.

That said, yes, a nice heavy cloak is a useful thing. 

There's also a feat that you can take to remove the sun damage.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Do you happen to know what feat that would be
Mand12 must have referred to Divine Vampire.

Divine Vampire
Prerequisite: Vampire and any divine class
Benefit: Once per encounter, when your divine encounter attack power hits at least one enemy, you gain a healing surge.
   Once per encounter, when you use a divine power that allows a target to spend a healing surge, the target can choose to instead lose a healing surge so that you can gain a healing surge.
   You lose the vulnerable 5 radiant granted by the Child of the Night class feature, and you do not take damage from direct sunlight.
Published in Dragon Magazine 402.

I cant seem to find it is it tier specific or what i know i am being a pain lol
if you aren't MCed with a divine class then it would not show up for you in CB
Since it requires being a Vampire and a Divine class, you have to multiclass into something like Cleric, Avenger, Paladin or Invoker.
  Or alternatively, a divine character who multiclasses into Vampire.

the multiclass feat for sorc from AP gives damage type resist 5 .Pick radient and a sunnyday dose +5 -5 = 0 damage.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
the multiclass feat for sorc from AP gives damage type resist 5 .Pick radient and a sunnyday dose +5 -5 = 0 damage.

Helps the damage, doesn't help the Weakened effect.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Neither does the actual Divine Vampire feat, though.

As for avoiding the sun entirely... Enshrouding Candle?
Reduces bright light to dim light in its area of effect, which I would personally rule as avoiding direct sunlight.

There's grabbing a Gloaming Shroud, or Bottled Twilight, but those are tied to a daily active.
There's also the Battle Standard of Shadow, but it forces you to stay in place.
Midnight Blade has a nice aura you can use, but it's from the book of vile darkness and a rare to boot if your DM cares about either of those things.
just wear clothing that completely covers your body ?
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Sign In to post comments