The Fated

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need a grognard's opinion.  Entirely ignoring rules, just give me a flavor-based answer.  Can a Monk be a Fatemaker?
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
No. The Fated and Anarchism are closely tied.
Yes. The Fated have a structure belief system based on that conflict between groups in society leads to social progress as superior groups outcompete inferior ones.

As a DM I would allow it. 

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Yeah, I don't see any reason why a monk can't be an anarchist.  They're Lawful because they have strong SELF-discipline, and D&D lumps that into Law, but monks have no particular allegiance to the SOCIAL order which is also represented by a Lawful alignment.
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
i can easily see a Fated as a monk, one who is so rigorlously devoted to self sufficency he won't even use weapons or armor.

A monk who tried to be an Anarchist would eventually have to overthrow his own martial order as it is part of the power structure of his society...

In contrast with the above poster I would say that an anarchist can have an order which have as an aim the freedom in its absolute form. Such an order ofc would be anti-authoritarian and an heterarchical organization (although the things i say doesn't take in mind much the Planescape lore. They are based more in the modern notion of anarchism and anarchism organization).